Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Francis03 said:
http://www.msgvarsity.com/new-jersey/full-game-trenton-catholic-66-hudson-catholic-57-1.1682230?qr=1 That's the game I recently reviewed on here. I'll expect a full list of his flaws on your assessment as well.;)

Just watched the first half. He has such a effortless shot, its pretty sweet. What i see from him is that hes bored , he knows hes the best player out there and plays bored like he cant wait to get to college and play against the best. He plays d , hes just flat out bored. He knows what he brings to the table and isnt afraid to eat alone.

You know what else is fun about next year?
0121-300x200.jpg

Just watched the first half. He has such a effortless shot, its pretty sweet. What i see from him is that hes bored , he knows hes the best player out there and plays bored like he cant wait to get to college and play against the best. He plays d , hes just flat out bored. He knows what he brings to the table and isnt afraid to eat alone.
And it's not like he plays on a team full of scrubs. Like I said in my recent report of him, no need to shot hunt for no reason if others are contributing. I guess because of his status some just have this unrealistic expectation of him that he's suppose to drop 40 in every game. Is he without flaws? Of course not, but the kid is very talented and I have no doubt that the SU coaches will work hard on him to improve all aspects in his game.

Long time lurker and one time poster - SU fan for over 35 years. I think you hit the nail right on the head when you said "unrealistic expectations". After reading the recruiting reports from you & T, I can see why people get over excited and expect MR & TB (if he comes here) to come in and contribute in a big way right of the bat. Bpo's expectations for MR's 1st year seem to be lower than this board NJ's recruiting gurus - so he gets personally attacked (which I guess is ok now). I have seen MR play twice in person and twice on tape - if you think he is going to contribute more than 5 minutes in ACC play next year (with a healthy Cooney) you are ignorant to how JB runs his program and the loyalty that he shows to upperclassmen that can play D. Cooney is averaging 37.3 minutes this year and that is not going down next year as long as he is healthy. MR & TB have zero experience with the zone and some people on this board - after reading your reports - think they're going to walk on campus and contribute like DC1 and Gmac. I would agree with bpo, you are both out of over skies wrt next years contributions from MR & TB (if DC2 is healthy).

Long time lurker and one time poster - SU fan for over 35 years. I think you hit the nail right on the head when you said "unrealistic expectations". After reading the recruiting reports from you & T, I can see why people get over excited and expect MR & TB (if he comes here) to come in and contribute in a big way right of the bat. Bpo's expectations for MR's 1st year seem to be lower than this board NJ's recruiting gurus - so he gets personally attacked (which I guess is ok now). I have seen MR play twice in person and twice on tape - if you think he is going to contribute more than 5 minutes in ACC play next year (with a healthy Cooney) you are ignorant to how JB runs his program and the loyalty that he shows to upperclassmen that can play D. Cooney is averaging 37.3 minutes this year and that is not going down next year as long as he is healthy. MR & TB have zero experience with the zone and some people on this board - after reading your reports - think they're going to walk on campus and contribute like DC1 and Gmac. I would agree with bpo, you are both out of over skies wrt next years contributions from MR & TB (if DC2 is healthy).
Well that is mainly because his backup is Ron Patterson who JB has said only ever goes in because "there's no one else." I think that Cooney's minutes go down a tad if he has a legitimate backup (Malachi). If he has someone who can actually keep him from playing the whole game then he would be more rested towards the end of the game too.

I'm still in the optimistic camp about Malachi and that he's like McCullough and is kind of just bored playing high school and wants to play top tier college basketball.

LMAO, so now it's Tee and myself fault that fans have the expectations they have? Every game that I've watched is available online and anyone can watch for themselves and form their own opinion. I don't tell anyone how to think. Name a current or past player that I've hyped up to give fans around here "unrealistic expectations." When evaluating a player, I always make it a point to list their positive and negative traits. The positives more times than not outweighs the negatives, which is why SU recruited and offered that prospect. I wrote around the time after KJ had committed that his defense was really bad, I talked about CMac's motor and him being a boom or bust type, I never thought Buss was a great fit for SU, Chino being a project, etc etc. Difference with me is that I can point those stuff out without basing my whole report on the negatives. This is a Cuse fan board, I dunno how you or anybody else think writing a full report basically sh!tting on our highest ranked recruit is going to get rounds of applauses here. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but when a kid is dropping 20ppg but somebody is criticizing him for not getting 25ppg then it's like c'mon now.

I haven't seen anybody act like MR and TB are going to be GMac and DC1 right away because of me. Contributors yes, because most don't think beating the likes of Buss for minutes will be difficult. That's even if Buss returns or not. I've said that Mali could provide some bench scoring depending on how quickly his shot can adjust to the college game. Dunno why anybody would think he'll be GMac because of that. TB once he puts it all together and who knows how long that will take, is going to provide a big presence with his size, mobility, and overall intangibles imho. Anybody that has seen him feels the same, so to single me out like that is just pure bull but whatever. I'm not a b-ball expert and never claimed to be one. I just love to watch prospects on the come up and don't mind sharing my opinion, which anybody can take to value or not it's no biggie to me.

Great job of using your first post to get at me though. This message board I tell ya.Oh Lord

Last edited:
Well that is mainly because his backup is Ron Patterson who JB has said only ever goes in because "there's no one else." I think that Cooney's minutes go down a tad if he has a legitimate backup (Malachi). If he has someone who can actually keep him from playing the whole game then he would be more rested towards the end of the game too.

I'm still in the optimistic camp about Malachi and that he's like McCullough and is kind of just bored playing high school and wants to play top tier college basketball.

I agree Cooney's minutes may come down a bit to keep Cooney fresher. I think they key to Cooney's sub will be someone who can play D. I just think Patterson's disruptive defense will win what ever few minutes there are to be had (as long as he keep his promise to stop chucking 3's), especially when compared to someone who has never played a minute in SU's 2-3 zone. I think and hope that MR & TB will both be great contributors for SU, I just don't see them contributing next year and alot of people on this board have high expectations.

LMAO, so now it's Tee and myself fault that fans have the expectations they have? Every game that I've watched is available online and anyone can watch for themselves and form their own opinion. I don't tell anyone how to think. Name a current or past player that I've hyped up to give fans around here "unrealistic expectations." When evaluating a player, I always make it a point to list their positive and negative traits. The positives more times than not outweighs the negatives, which is why SU recruited and offered that prospect. I wrote around the time after KJ had committed that his defense was really bad, I talked about CMac's motor and him being a boom or bust type, I never thought Buss was a great fit for SU, Chino being a project, etc etc. Difference with me is that I can point those stuff out without basing my whole report on . This is a Cuse fan board, I dunno how you or anybody else think writing a full report basically sh!tting on our highest ranked recruit is going to get rounds of applauses here. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but when a kid is dropping 20ppg but somebody is criticizing him for not getting 25ppg then it's like c'mon now.

I haven't seen anybody act like MR and TB are going to be GMac and DC1 right away because of me. Contributors yes, because most don't think beating the likes of Buss for minutes will be difficult. That's even if Buss returns or not. I've said that Mali could provide some bench scoring depending on how quickly his shot can adjust to the college game. Dunno why anybody would think he'll be GMac because of that. TB once he puts it all together and who knows how long that will take, is going to provide a big presence with his size, mobility, and overall intangibles imho. Anybody that has seen him feels the same, so to single me out like that is just pure bull but whatever. I'm not a b-ball expert and never claimed to be one. I just love to watch prospects on the come up and don't mind sharing my opinion, which anybody can take to value or not it's no biggie to me.

Great job of using your first post to get at me though. This message board I tell ya.Oh Lord

No one hear is shi1tting on MR. Some have pointed out his lack of help side D and a low motor which is common for a high school star. When posters do that, you, Tee and others attack that poster which seems childish considering you just admitted your not a basketball expert and don't care if they value your opinion. If that really is the case - why the attacks over a different opinion?

Just for kicks and giggles, in your opinion - how many minutes does MR average as a frosh in ACC play - assuming Cooney is healthy and Patterson is back? I bet you if you were to poll the bball forum they would think 20 minutes. Where do these crazy expectations come from? Guess - the recruiting side of this board. I think readers here run wild with expectations that are unrealistic and it just later leads to people unfairly bashing players (Patterson, BJ & Trob (until midway this season) on the bball forum when it takes them time to contribute to a program as deep as Syracuse.

Youre good Francis, you provide more insight, knowledge and accurate assessments on every potential recruit you write about. Cleary Paul is way off base here and if he really lurked long enough he would know what you bring to the table.
Welcome back. I thought the Italian comments were off base too.

Full box here.
19 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 blocks, and a steal. Hit 3 treys, 6 foul shots.
Sounds like a lazy, zero defensive effort kinda game, hah? lol I'm sorry, I really can't resist.
:crazy:
:eat popcorn:
:)

Come on, only one steal, does he even play defense. This kid is lazy. :crazy::bat::blah::blah:

LMAO, so now it's Tee and myself fault that fans have the expectations they have? Every game that I've watched is available online and anyone can watch for themselves and form their own opinion. I don't tell anyone how to think. Name a current or past player that I've hyped up to give fans around here "unrealistic expectations." When evaluating a player, I always make it a point to list their positive and negative traits. The positives more times than not outweighs the negatives, which is why SU recruited and offered that prospect. I wrote around the time after KJ had committed that his defense was really bad, I talked about CMac's motor and him being a boom or bust type, I never thought Buss was a great fit for SU, Chino being a project, etc etc. Difference with me is that I can point those stuff out without basing my whole report on the negatives. This is a Cuse fan board, I dunno how you or anybody else think writing a full report basically sh!tting on our highest ranked recruit is going to get rounds of applauses here. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but when a kid is dropping 20ppg but somebody is criticizing him for not getting 25ppg then it's like c'mon now.

I'm really disappointed that you dedicate a lot of your time researching players coming into the SU program, Francis. It takes some nerve to provide positives and negatives on each player but always maintain positive outlook because after all, these are high school kids.

How dare you, sir? How dare you?

No one hear is shi1tting on MR. Some have pointed out his lack of help side D and a low motor which is common for a high school star. When posters do that, you, Tee and others attack that poster which seems childish considering you just admitted your not a basketball expert and don't care if they value your opinion. If that really is the case - why the attacks over a different opinion?

Just for kicks and giggles, in your opinion - how many minutes does MR average as a frosh in ACC play - assuming Cooney is healthy and Patterson is back? I bet you if you were to poll the bball forum they would think 20 minutes. Where do these crazy expectations come from? Guess - the recruiting side of this board. I think readers here run wild with expectations that are unrealistic and it just later leads to people unfairly bashing players (Patterson, BJ & Trob (until midway this season) on the bball forum when it takes them time to contribute to a program as deep as Syracuse.
Smh this guy here. When have you ever seen me attack a poster? Nothing wrong with mentioning Mali's D or motor but we have seen multiple reports where only his "flaws" gets elaborated. It gets to the point where you wonder if the kid does anything right or has any positives to his game mixed in with the negatives?

If anybody thinks that Mali is going to play 20 minutes per in ACC play knowing that KJ, MG, and TC will all most likely be back then that's on them and not because of here. Believe it or not, but the majority of the most vocal and over the top contributors on the b-ball forum hardly if ever come on here. So they're basically forming their own opinion with what they've seen currently from those players at SU. You need to direct your grudge somewhere else, because I've never presented any player as the flawless recruit to give anybody the wrong perception that player A or player B will come in right away and tear it up. Since you've done a lot of lurking, you would know that most times when I talk about a recruit, I'm always looking at their overall projection for what they could be and contribute down the line once they reach their full potential. JB said that CMac was his best recruit since Melo and that the 2015 class is his best ever. That's the HOF head coach saying that, not me and I don't even agree with any of that fyi. Plus JB is known to usually hype up his recruits coming in, but yeah blame me and the recruiting forum for creating unrealistic expectations. Peep the vids where Hop and Red discussed all of the 2015 recruits. They're not saying anything different that hasn't been mentioned on here. So it seems like you should take issue with them as well if you're concerned about creating high expectations for incoming players. Maybe you can hit up JB on his weekly show about it.;)

jmcclure33 said:
Well that is mainly because his backup is Ron Patterson who JB has said only ever goes in because "there's no one else." I think that Cooney's minutes go down a tad if he has a legitimate backup (Malachi). If he has someone who can actually keep him from playing the whole game then he would be more rested towards the end of the game too. I'm still in the optimistic camp about Malachi and that he's like McCullough and is kind of just bored playing high school and wants to play top tier college basketball.

Many said McCullough was bored at IMG, but his play over the last half dozen games before his injury at SU didn't support that.

albanycuse said:
Ok give me 3 names of your many.

A number of people on this board inferred that he was bored before he came to SU.

He wasn't bored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors