Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 30 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
cuseguy said:
A number of people on this board inferred that he was bored before he came to SU. He wasn't bored.
Ok name some names since you brought it up. Im the only one who said MR plays bored here. So how does CM compare to MR? Guess what if he doesnt play d at SU, the bench will be warm for him.

A number of people on this board inferred that he was bored before he came to SU.

He wasn't bored.
He always looked bored but that's just his demeanor. He started the season so well and then just hit a funk. The injury against FSU came at such a bad time because he had looked to have a certain juice to him in the beginning of that game that he didn't have previously during the slump.

Francis03 said:
He always looked bored but that's just his demeanor. He started the season so well and then just hit a funk. The injury against FSU came at such a bad time because he had looked to have a certain juice to him in the beginning of that game that he didn't have previously during the slump.

Agree, I would have liked to see how he finished the season.

But many of the things I saw before he came to SU - inability to finish strong, weak handle, inconsistent jumper and free throw shooting - continued into his freshmen year.

I suppose I had higher expectations when JB said he was our best recruit since Melo.

Hoping he makes a good recovery and has a strong sophomore year.

I thought he seemed unchallenged. The kid is unbelievably talented. If he had the fire of a Carmelo Anthony, he could dominate.

Agree, I would have liked to see how he finished the season.

But many of the things I saw before he came to SU - inability to finish strong, weak handle, inconsistent jumper and free throw shooting - continued into his freshmen year.

I suppose I had higher expectations when JB said he was our best recruit since Melo.

Hoping he makes a good recovery and has a strong sophomore year.
Wait a minute, but Paul out here saying the high expectations come from here though. Lol just toying around, since I've been accused of attacking posters. CG, we have no beef and I can't speak for others but always feel free to speak your mind. A different side of the debate is what keep things flowing and adds a different perspective.

Why are his hometown boys all hatin on him? Errbody in love with this D2 Temple kid though.

D2. lol you're prolly one of the same guys that will moan about a Duke recruit being named a McD AA.

Haters gonna hate my friend. Plenty of NJ folks think Battle and Briscoe aren't that good. I'm sure they'll say some kid going to FDU and Rider is much better fundamentally sound though.:blah::blah::blah::blah:

I guess your assessment is the only one that counts, huh?

It is becoming clear to me that bpo57 is obviously some salty kid on his way to Temple and not Cuse.

lol I went to SU and grew up in Syracuse. Nice try though.

Oh snap! Well for the record I am 32, almost 33, and have been a fan since I was old enough to pay attention. ..so say 27 yrs or so. Ive never watched MR inbperson, but have watched every live game hes been in online or tv. My opinion remains the same, he will be a good one and if he doesn't play D then I will eat crow as he will be sitting alot. Im saying a 2-3 yr kid.

Went to games at Manley as a kid and watched Dennis DuVal play.

This is absolutely correct. I play baseball at the mid tier D1 level right now and I played with a bunch of guys who got drafted or went to big time schools to play. The amount of gripe those kids get because they have such high expectations from other people is ridiculous. If a pitcher from NY gets drafted out of high school and there was a game in the season that he gave up a run it immediately is said that he can't do anything at the next level despite the fact that he throws in the mid 90's.

I'm definitely thinking that's what's happening here with our boy Malachi. People want to try to point out why he shouldn't be a burger boy, when his talent level shows loud and clear that he should be.

Your third sentence makes a lot of sense in one way. The high expectations. Many of the recruiting gurus on this board get way out over their skis talking about how spectacular some of these recruits are. It's not always the naysayers that have unrealistic expectations.

You are not old enough. If you werent friends with Mr Naismith then you know nothing.

Yeah that's true. I just have to chuckle when I hear I'm a hater because I say that MR doesn't play hard.

bpo57 said:
Yeah that's true. I just have to chuckle when I hear I'm a hater because I say that MR doesn't play hard.
He doesnt play hard because hes bored, thats how i see it. That wont fly at SU. So im not worried one bit.

Powell had 20, player of the game and led all scorers.
Our boy? 19 points. Boom!

Yo tee I just want to give you a heads-up. I am very familiar with Notre Dame. There are probably 4-5 teams in CNY that could beat them fairly easily. Just sayin'.

LMAO, so now it's Tee and myself fault that fans have the expectations they have? Every game that I've watched is available online and anyone can watch for themselves and form their own opinion. I don't tell anyone how to think. Name a current or past player that I've hyped up to give fans around here "unrealistic expectations." When evaluating a player, I always make it a point to list their positive and negative traits. The positives more times than not outweighs the negatives, which is why SU recruited and offered that prospect. I wrote around the time after KJ had committed that his defense was really bad, I talked about CMac's motor and him being a boom or bust type, I never thought Buss was a great fit for SU, Chino being a project, etc etc. Difference with me is that I can point those stuff out without basing my whole report on the negatives. This is a Cuse fan board, I dunno how you or anybody else think writing a full report basically sh!tting on our highest ranked recruit is going to get rounds of applauses here. Everybody is entitled to their opinion but when a kid is dropping 20ppg but somebody is criticizing him for not getting 25ppg then it's like c'mon now.

I haven't seen anybody act like MR and TB are going to be GMac and DC1 right away because of me. Contributors yes, because most don't think beating the likes of Buss for minutes will be difficult. That's even if Buss returns or not. I've said that Mali could provide some bench scoring depending on how quickly his shot can adjust to the college game. Dunno why anybody would think he'll be GMac because of that. TB once he puts it all together and who knows how long that will take, is going to provide a big presence with his size, mobility, and overall intangibles imho. Anybody that has seen him feels the same, so to single me out like that is just pure bull but whatever. I'm not a b-ball expert and never claimed to be one. I just love to watch prospects on the come up and don't mind sharing my opinion, which anybody can take to value or not it's no biggie to me.

Great job of using your first post to get at me though. This message board I tell ya.Oh Lord

I'll tell u one thing, Francis. Not that you have an unlimited travel budget or anything but you can learn a helluva lot more about a player watching in person than you can watching a game online.

Well that is mainly because his backup is Ron Patterson who JB has said only ever goes in because "there's no one else." I think that Cooney's minutes go down a tad if he has a legitimate backup (Malachi). If he has someone who can actually keep him from playing the whole game then he would be more rested towards the end of the game too.

I'm still in the optimistic camp about Malachi and that he's like McCullough and is kind of just bored playing high school and wants to play top tier college basketball.

I am sure MR will improve a lot right now but if they battled each other tomorrow RP would kick MR's butt all over the court. The only thing MR can do better right now is shoot from the outside. Everything else RP does better. Admittedly though MR will improve a lot in college. For one he'll be in better shape so that maybe a motor will suddenly appear.

Smh this guy here. When have you ever seen me attack a poster? Nothing wrong with mentioning Mali's D or motor but we have seen multiple reports where only his "flaws" gets elaborated. It gets to the point where you wonder if the kid does anything right or has any positives to his game mixed in with the negatives?

If anybody thinks that Mali is going to play 20 minutes per in ACC play knowing that KJ, MG, and TC will all most likely be back then that's on them and not because of here. Believe it or not, but the majority of the most vocal and over the top contributors on the b-ball forum hardly if ever come on here. So they're basically forming their own opinion with what they've seen currently from those players at SU. You need to direct your grudge somewhere else, because I've never presented any player as the flawless recruit to give anybody the wrong perception that player A or player B will come in right away and tear it up. Since you've done a lot of lurking, you would know that most times when I talk about a recruit, I'm always looking at their overall projection for what they could be and contribute down the line once they reach their full potential. JB said that CMac was his best recruit since Melo and that the 2015 class is his best ever. That's the HOF head coach saying that, not me and I don't even agree with any of that fyi. Plus JB is known to usually hype up his recruits coming in, but yeah blame me and the recruiting forum for creating unrealistic expectations. Peep the vids where Hop and Red discussed all of the 2015 recruits. They're not saying anything different that hasn't been mentioned on here. So it seems like you should take issue with them as well if you're concerned about creating high expectations for incoming players. Maybe you can hit up JB on his weekly show about it.;)

In your defense you don't attack posters. You kinda take the passive aggressive route where you subtly impugn the commenter who has a negative opinion by saying he's too unrealistic and negative. Not a big deal but I can say the same thing with some here that only the positives get elaborated and you wonder if the kid should go straight to the NBA.

He doesnt play hard because hes bored, thats how i see it. That wont fly at SU. So im not worried one bit.

You may be right. But it's not exactly a feather in his cap that he needs to be motivated to play hard. Some guys just play hard from the jump. I want them on my team.

bpo57 said:
You may be right. But it's not exactly a feather in his cap that he needs to be motivated to play hard. Some guys just play hard from the jump. I want them on my team.
I agree

In your defense you don't attack posters. You kinda take the passive aggressive route where you subtly impugn the commenter who has a negative opinion by saying he's too unrealistic and negative. Not a big deal but I can say the same thing with some here that only the positives get elaborated and you wonder if the kid should go straight to the NBA.
You yourself just used the passive aggressive approach. i hope you realize that Francis travels to numerous games on his own dime and then gives his take to the public free of charge. If you knew some of the stuff he knows or hears you wouldn't be saying this. you sound bitter and childish.

FYI my haters gonna hate post was not directed at your assessment of Malachi, it was the comments about the locals where you said they were laughing about him being a McDonald's AA. I've had numerous people from NJ tell me that they've heard people bad mouth the likes of Battle and Briscoe. It seems to be a lot of sour grapes going around imo, but maybe due to these players statuses the expectations are for these players to be perfect every night. What I think some have to remember is that a lot of these rankings are based off future projections and upside. What some might expect the player to be now because of their high ranking, most likely won't be the case until years later when they fulfill that potential.

Like I told cuseguy, always feel free to voice your opinion because a difference is always good to have in a discussion. I guess the issue that most have is not the actual assessment, but it seems like all the negative stuff is very personal when quoting the locals and such. It seems like there is a good amount of people that are hoping he fails on the next level. Not saying that's you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors