Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI my haters gonna hate post was not directed at your assessment of Malachi, it was the comments about the locals where you said they were laughing about him being a McDonald's AA. I've had numerous people from NJ tell me that they've heard people bad mouth the likes of Battle and Briscoe. It seems to be a lot of sour grapes going around imo, but maybe due to these players statuses the expectations are for these players to be perfect every night. What I think some have to remember is that a lot of these rankings are based off future projections and upside. What some might expect the player to be now because of their high ranking, most likely won't be the case until years later when they fulfill that potential.

Like I told cuseguy, always feel free to voice your opinion because a difference is always good to have in a discussion. I guess the issue that most have is not the actual assessment, but it seems like all the negative stuff is very personal when quoting the locals and such. It seems like there is a good amount of people that are hoping he fails on the next level. Not saying that's you.

Lifelong SU fan so I certainly hope he succeeds. Not a lot of kids from my home area have played hoops at SU so why wouldn't I want him to do well? I quoted a few locals cuz they had the exact same opinion as me. I fail to see how that qualifies as a personal attack.

Let's put it this way. If 10 of the most knowledgeable fans on the SU hoops board went to the Ewing/TCA game the other night and I asked them their first impression of MR after the game- minimum 8 out of 10 would say he doesn't play hard. It's that stark.

Dean has stated often that he respects all opinions and I have never seen him imply his opinion or assessment is more important than anyone else's opinion. We are all Syracuse fans here. Why are people so negative and defensive, it is exhausting.

Negative? All I said was that MR doesn't play hard and he needs to work on his handle. Ray Charles could see that. Lord, people are so freakin' sensitive that an honest appraisal of a player turns into a personal attack. That's exhausting, too.

You yourself just used the passive aggressive approach. i hope you realize that Francis travels to numerous games on his own dime and then gives his take to the public free of charge. If you knew some of the stuff he knows or hears you wouldn't be saying this. you sound bitter and childish.

The comment about unlimited travel budget was a concession on my part that Francis prolly doesn't have the time or money to travel around the country watching SU recruits play each night. I get that. Seems you misinterpreted that remark. As for my passive aggressive approach I'm just tired of the "haters gonna hate" nonsense. This is big time college hoops we're talking about here- why so sensitive? There was no personal attack just an honest assessment of his game.

He doesnt play hard because hes bored, thats how i see it. That wont fly at SU. So im not worried one bit.

I hope he isnt bored. He isnt even the best player on the court every game in HS is he? I think its fair to be concerned about his perceived lack of drive. i still think he will be a great player though.

Bilas said yesterday that the toughest transition for hs players is learning to play hard. Very few of them play with the kind of intensity needed in college.

I hope he isnt bored. He isnt even the best player on the court every game in HS is he? I think its fair to be concerned about his perceived lack of drive. i still think he will be a great player though.
The only time that that may actually be the case is if they play RC or GSB with Briscoe and Battle. And it's even debatable then too.

It's times like this, makes me remember how valuable the ignore button is. Then presto, the recruiting forum is back to normal. ;)

Oh come on tee. Give me another chance! :)

Oh come on tee. Give me another chance! :)
Ha never would happen my bro, but you know thissssssss, man!
15d1ctz.jpg

The only time that that may actually be the case is if they play RC or GSB with Briscoe and Battle. And it's even debatable then too.

During the semifinals and finals of the Mercer County tournament the best player on the court was (M)yles (V) (P)owell.

Sounds like we should have went after Myles Powell. Idk guys, I personally like to look at positives and what a player could be for us rather then the negative. Im listening loud and clear on MRs motor concerns. I just believe he will fix those issues while playing here. May take time and I will wont expect everything his fr yr. I guess im not as concerned as others on here.

During the semifinals and finals of the Mercer County tournament the best player on the court was (M)yles (V) (P)owell.
What are the negatives in his game?

Not sure but I can think of one positive. He hustles.

Sounds like we should have went after Myles Powell. Idk guys, I personally like to look at positives and what a player could be for us rather then the negative. Im listening loud and clear on MRs motor concerns. I just believe he will fix those issues while playing here. May take time and I will wont expect everything his fr yr. I guess im not as concerned as others on here.

It's quite possible that he can fix his motor issue. Pickin' splinters out of your arse can be a very good motivator.

bpo57 said:
It's quite possible that he can fix his motor issue. Pickin' splinters out of your arse can be a very good motivator.

I remember watching Rak play in high school. 1-2 of his games were on ESPN...he defined lackadaisical. He was playing the wing of a 2-3. He was terrible.

It took him a couple if years to adjust.

I remember watching Rak play in high school. 1-2 of his games were on ESPN...he defined lackadaisical. He was playing the wing of a 2-3. He was terrible.

It took him a couple if years to adjust.

Agreed. I know some people very connected to the Nova program and all they could ever say b4 Rak came to SU was that he was soft and didn't play with intensity. And imo there was a fair amount of truth to that pov for a while.

Not sure but I can think of one positive. He hustles.

That was a rhetorical question, I knew your response would be hustle related.

bpo57 said:
Agreed. I know some people very connected to the Nova program and all they could ever say b4 Rak came to SU was that he was soft and didn't play with intensity. And imo there was a fair amount of truth to that pov for a while.

Throw in some of our freshman and soph every year as well. A lot of kids start playing well their junior and senior years.

You're a modern day Nostradamus.

No he is not. Check out his Iggy Award predictions this year. Mr. Forth seems to think its easy for freshman to come in and dominate. Maybe he reads to much into the recruiting reports on this board?

1) Regular season record - 25-6
2) ACC season record - 13-5
3) ACC tournament record - 1-1
4) Post-season record - 3-1
5)Leading scorer and how many per game: Joseph 14.8
6) Leading rebounder and how many per game: McCullough 8.2
7) TIEBREAKER. Player with most minutes per game and how many: Christmas 33.4

Non Public South B bracket
TCA is the 2 seed. Their road to the final is not too bad, but no team gets a first round bye. They would need 3 wins just to end of facing the favorite Roselle Catholic in the finals. RC did recently get upset by Linden, losing the Union County Tournament. But they will be back and tough to beat the rest of the way.

No he is not. Check out his Iggy Award predictions this year. Mr. Forth seems to think its easy for freshman to come in and dominate. Maybe he reads to much into the recruiting reports on this board?

Ouch!

200.gif

If hustling and playing hard is your number 1 criteria in evaluating a player then you are rarely going to be satisfied with the most talented guys in the class. Usually kids with less talent have learned that these things give them the edge sometime in highschool and they play that way to maximize what talent and skills they do have. The cream of the crop talent wise usually doesn't have to play this way to succeed in highschool and a majority of them have to learn it in college. Ideally you get a kid who does this naturally and also is one of the most talented and skilled players in his class, but that's a rare thing.

Peace! Great thanks to Francis and others who provide so much material for us here which is all in one place and gives us the opportunity to see these kids and form our own opinions. I also appreciate bpo57 and anyone else who offers their own first hand accounts or whatever info they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom