Class of 2015 - SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 SG Malachi Richardson (NJ) Verballed to Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you have to be a US citizen? Did Ennis have dual citizenship?
Tristan Thompson, Cory Joseph, Myck Kabongo, Anthony Bennett, and Wiggins are all recent Canadians to have played in the game. Heck even Fab Melo was a McDonald's All American. I think as long as you have played HS ball in the US then you're eligible for the game. Ennis was on the voting ballot.

Malachi Richardson, 6-5, SG, Team Final
The best player for the EYBL’s best team was Malachi Richardson. The Syracuse recruit paced his team to a 14-2 record while showing some major improvement in his game. He was more explosive off of the bounce, defended multiple positions, and drilled three-pointers at ease. Ranked in the 20s by most scouting services, expect Malachi to shoot up the rankings if he continues killing at the rate that he was in Minneapolis.

http://www.slamonline.com/college-hs/high-school/top-seniors-2014-nike-eybl/

Now I totally understand why he's dropped in the rankings :crazy::bat::rolling:

KingMali ‏@SwaggyMali23 2h
Damnnnn I got a 7 foot wing span
1f633.png
1f633.png
1f633.png
1f633.png
1f633.png
Bump. That post didn't get enough likes. We are talking about a 6'6 2 guard at the top of the zone who now has a 7 foot wingspan? He seems quicker, more agile and definitely handles the bounce a ton better than same time last season.

This is fantastic for us. Love, peoples!

Bump. That post didn't get enough likes. We are talking about a 6'6 2 guard at the top of the zone who now has a 7 foot wingspan? He seems quicker, more agile and definitely handles the bounce a ton better than same time last season.

This is fantastic for us. Love, peoples!
Yeah, all that and he has a smooth and effortless stroke from deep. He should continue to drop in the rankings, unbelievable.

Yeah, all that and he has a smooth and effortless stroke from deep. He should continue to drop in the rankings, unbelievable.
What really irks me is that watching this kid the past few seasons, he went from best shooter in the entire class of 2015 to both best shooter and probably best scorer in the class. Too bad I'm one of only few who noticed. It's incredible to me that these sites are considered the knowledge base. Cause they don't know spit and if they did know, that would make them shamelessly subjective. Which is not exactly in their job description.

NBPA Top 100 Camp Report

• While he struggled in his first game, Syracuse-commit Malachi Richardson went off in the nightcap, finishing with 27 points and, at one point, hitting threes on three straight possessions. His ability off-the-dribble needs to get better to keep defenses honest, but Richardson knows what his bread and butter is. His size (6-foot-5) and athleticism, combined with that shooting stroke, is what made Jim Boeheim and company willing to accept a commitment during his sophomore season.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...h-chase-jeter-stand-out-at-nbpa-top-100-camp/

If Malachi can shoot jumpers with a hand in his face and be successful, this will be a very good thing for SU even if he can't put the ball on the floor as well as some may hope.

Plus, it's painfully obvious that the move to the ACC has hurt SU's recruiting in hoops and football.

The smooth floater in the lane at the 1:51 mark, so sweet, a must in the college game for an elite scorer that can shoot like he can.

If Malachi can shoot jumpers with a hand in his face and be successful, this will be a very good thing for SU even if he can't put the ball on the floor as well as some may hope.

Plus, it's painfully obvious that the move to the ACC has hurt SU's recruiting in hoops and football.
Recruiting hurt by ACC move? Please explain. According to our recruiting sites, the overall talent continues to improve.

Recruiting hurt by ACC move? Please explain. According to our recruiting sites, the overall talent continues to improve.
He was just being sarcastic, Bobby. It was once said by very wise people on this forum that our recruiting would take a nosedive if we left the BE for the ACC.

Can someone explain to me why MR has dropped in all the rankings? I have to admit, it bothers me a little. I think the kid is a lights out scorer and all around great player, I can't wait for him to suit up for the Orange. He seemed to have a great spring. He seemed to have started scoring from all levels and not just relying on his outside shot. He was the leading scorer on the best team of the spring. If he had dropped a spot or two because of other players development, I would understand. However, I don't understand the huge drops, when he has improved. I love this class, and I think each of the four guys coming in will contribute alot, so I am not all that concerned with their ranking, but I do love to see our guys ranked in the top 20.

Can someone explain to me why MR has dropped in all the rankings? I have to admit, it bothers me a little. I think the kid is a lights out scorer and all around great player, I can't wait for him to suit up for the Orange. He seemed to have a great spring. He seemed to have started scoring from all levels and not just relying on his outside shot. He was the leading scorer on the best team of the spring. If he had dropped a spot or two because of other players development, I would understand. However, I don't understand the huge drops, when he has improved. I love this class, and I think each of the four guys coming in will contribute alot, so I am not all that concerned with their ranking, but I do love to see our guys ranked in the top 20.
Please see all of my several thousand recruiting posts that mention Jerry, 247, ESPN rankings and similar. The answer is always there.

It counts for something. Before they committed to SU, they were all higher ranked players according to ESPN. Kind of looks like we don't get the cream of the crop when we should be, if any of the live games or streams have taught me anything. Malachi for instance, blew up against the best of the best in AAU ball. Looking like a beast on team USA. He drops 20-25 slots? Future prospects think we are a level lower than Zona, Kansas, UNC etc if all this perception influences them. Pretty sure it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom