Class of 2016 - SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska) | Page 176 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 SG/SF Andrew White (VA; Grad Transfer from Nebraska)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will 'out-Neil' the Dookies. They won't know what hit them. You know, like usual.
I think Grayson Allen's peek has come and gone. Tyler Lydon's peek is ahead. Giles will be a load in the middle. They have the pieces. But Giles is not going to like playing against Chukwu with Lydon or Roberson helping. And outside of the 5, we match them every where else -- except they don't have Lydon coming off the "bench". ;)

I think Grayson Allen's peek has come and gone. Tyler Lydon's peek is ahead. Giles will be a load in the middle. They have the pieces. And we match them at every position -- except they don't have Lydon coming off the "bench". ;)
Yeah, only way I'm really worried about them is if Giles stays healthy. Going to be a match-up nightmare for any college player.
But how bout that zone? Like I said, we can do this!

I tend to think that Lydon is the type of person that realizes the benefit of coming off the bench. Along with that, he is mature enough to not let his ego get in the way for what is best for the team, next year and the future.

When he comes off the bench, he comes in at the spot that will put him in the best position to be a mismatch against the opponent. He loves SU, and to keep everyone happy he's the man for the job. He will still be the closer, and play starter minutes. He has to know this, and wants to win. He could have tested the waters, but didn't even give it a thought. Selfless individual. Not to say the rest of the team isn't, but like it's been said, you don't not start seniors and 5th year grad transfers. So, by default, it's him. Love him for it, and can't wait for this year.

I tend to think that Lydon is the type of person that realizes the benefit of coming off the bench. Along with that, he is mature enough to not let his ego get in the way for what is best for the team, next year and the future.

When he comes off the bench, he comes in at the spot that will put him in the best position to be a mismatch against the opponent. He loves SU, and to keep everyone happy he's the man for the job. He will still be the closer, and play starter minutes. He has to know this, and wants to win. He could have tested the waters, but didn't even give it a thought. Selfless individual. Not to say the rest of the team isn't, but like it's been said, you don't not start seniors and 5th year grad transfers. So, by default, it's him. Love him for it, and can't wait for this year.
Truth. Great post.

I can see the logic of not wanting to play 3 on 5 though.

So I'm going to hedge and say Gillon/Battle/White/Lydon/DC or Gillon/Battle/White/Roberson/DC.

I think Grayson Allen's peek has come and gone. Tyler Lydon's peek is ahead. Giles will be a load in the middle. They have the pieces. But Giles is not going to like playing against Chukwu with Lydon or Roberson helping. And outside of the 5, we match them every where else -- except they don't have Lydon coming off the "bench". ;)

GA will probably only get one trip this season.

I can see the logic of not wanting to play 3 on 5 though.

So I'm going to hedge and say Gillon/Battle/White/Lydon/DC or Gillon/Battle/White/Roberson/DC.

I love Robey, and believe he deserves to start. Lydon does as well. Basically, six players will deserve it. Robey gets the quick hook now though. I'm glad I'm not coach, but we know how JB works. Glad he's the man in charge. DC comes out for PC quick in a lot of situations. JB has never been one to worry about the first couple minutes of the game.

It does have its benefits. Lydon could come in at the 5 early, at times. Not even close to as much as last year with PC, but possible. Then Robey doesn't always get the quick hook. AW may take a bad shot and be out quick at times too. But, my bet is Lydon is the one sitting. And could you ask for a better 6th man?

Why do so many folks have Roberson locked in as a starter over Lydon? I find it doubtful it was promised to him... Is it because of a lack of Roberson's versatility coming off the bench?

He's a senior. JB doesn't bench his seniors. Plus, Robey is a force when his motor is running. Usually the 6th man is an offensive threat. Lydon won't be on the bench longer than the first media timeout all year. And only that long if there isn't a whistle before that.

How in the heck do you not start your best frontcourt player? I'm so confused by all the rationalization, explanation and strange reasoning just so we can still start Roberson. :noidea:

Lyndon is going to be All ACC and possibly AA good this year.

I had a "vision" that academic tutors were talking to him TODAY about what classes he would like to take.
That's great but who's to say he's not doing the same thing with academic tutors at MSU or another school? I believe nothing prevents a kid from enrolling at multiple schools.He could be playing everyone for all we know. Until he breaks the silence with the coaches all conspiracy theories should be on the table.

He's a senior. JB doesn't bench his seniors. Plus, Robey is a force when his motor is running. Usually the 6th man is an offensive threat. Lydon won't be on the bench longer than the first media timeout all year. And only that long if there isn't a whistle before that.
I agree that JB has a tendency or a leaning towards starting veterans that are seniors, but I am doubtful it's a hard and fast rule that he lives and dies by. This situation is truly unique, and it may come down to Lydon being the 6th man because he's a better offensive player... and maybe the one who's willing to take it for the team as mentioned. However, I really struggle to believe he has to the 6th man because of a "senior starter" rule for a guy who was a little hit or miss last year, especially over a potential superstar like Lydon.

I just don't believe it's already set in stone that Lydon would be coming off the bench. JB doesn't seem like the, "ok guys - who wants to volunteer to be 6th man."

If I am betting, my money is on Roberson to be the 6th guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom