Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

at this point, under any possible circumstance, why would anyone post this? sorry but it became unfunny about 3 yrs ago

I disagree. I do think that with very limited usage and the possibility of surprise to certain members in certain situations, it can be a winner. It's kind of like the Georgetown rivalry being replaced in a way, though the current antics dont seem to have the potential to become classic.

I see where you're coming from and agree that much of the time it may be impotent, but disagree that there would never be circumstances that beckoned for it, especially it was rarely prescribed, like schedule 2 medications are supposed to be.

Back when I was paying attention more often, it sounded like Tucker was truly leaning Cuse. Didnt his twitter name fit or something? Can anyone summarize what happened to steer him away?

Back when I was paying attention more often, it sounded like Tucker was truly leaning Cuse. Didnt his twitter name fit or something? Can anyone summarize what happened to steer him away?

He came for an official visit, got drunk and acted a fool, and the ensuing immature behavior put the players / coaches off a bit.

They cooled on him and didn't recruit him as hard, while other schools did.

Not suggesting that things are insurmountable, nor that what Tucker did was so bad that they'd never take him, just that it appears to be where things dog legged in our pursuit. And now its getting late in the game.

He came for an official visit, got drunk and acted a fool, and the ensuing immature behavior put the players / coaches off a bit.

Not suggesting that things are insurmountable, nor that what Tucker did was so bad that they'd never take him, just that it appears to be where things dog legged in our pursuit. And now its getting late in the game.

Wow, thanks for that, I appreciate it. He sounds like he has a potential to at least have one thing in common with some of the all time SU greats who were known for their proclivity to party. I mean DC kicked in a door, but I dont think anyone would think twice about banning him from the board and the pages of SU history for that. I get the character concerns, but one could also take the perspective that the kid was being the real deal and not putting on the usual job interview tactics that often are turned off after the interview and not seen often again. Apparently even Fab Melo has better job interview skills. Maybe I'm just a bit more like Jesus and believe in forgiveness and not rushing quickly to judgment(though a bit bitter lol). (bleep)ing Cuse recruiting! :(

at this point, under any possible circumstance, why would anyone post this? sorry but it became unfunny about 3 yrs ago
It'll come back around.

I know we pulled back on him, but we basically will land NONE of our primary 2017 targets.

Back in the day that was what the players would try to ensure happened on a recruiting visit...I guess times have changed.

Back in the day that was what the players would try to ensure happened on a recruiting visit...I guess times have changed.
You are SOOOOOOOOOO right, times has changed. It is time for HCJB retirement and we know Hopkins and ALL his assistants can't close do the job. We need to clear out and bring in the the best coaches out there to turn this great program around like it was in the past. If they don't, this program will go father south than it is now. We need coaches that can recruit and work with player to make them and teach them to be better players and work as a team.. They are out there believe me. I know they won't and I am going to get blasted for saying these things. But as a fan it just kills me to this this team going backwards and it will continue. It starts at the top and what we are seeing at the top isn't getting the job done. With Coach JB retiring, time to change is now.

You are SOOOOOOOOOO right, times has changed. It is time for HCJB retirement and we know Hopkins and ALL his assistants can't close do the job. We need to clear out and bring in the the best coaches out there to turn this great program around like it was in the past. If they don't, this program will go father south than it is now. We need coaches that can recruit and work with player to make them and teach them to be better players and work as a team.. They are out there believe me. I know they won't and I am going to get blasted for saying these things. But as a fan it just kills me to this this team going backwards and it will continue. It starts at the top and what we are seeing at the top isn't getting the job done. With Coach JB retiring, time to change is now.

This isn't going to happen, and you know it isn't, so why bother with the post? Does it make you feel better? I'm not really sure how...

SU has Hop listed as head coach designate, so there just really isn't any way they are going to do a 180, pull the rug out from under him and hire from outside. Hop is going to get a chance. Whether you like it or not. You should really try to adopt a more Zen attitude about things that you can not change. It is what it is.

Next year looks really bleak especially if Lydon bolts. There are no prospects left for 2017 capable of playing in the ACC unless we plan on getting both Ayala and Wright to re-class.

Next year looks really bleak especially if Lydon bolts. There are no prospects left for 2017 capable of playing in the ACC unless we plan on getting both Ayala and Wright to re-class.

Didn't Wright already re-class in the wrong direction?

Hoping we can get him to come back the other way.

I gotta assume that ship has long sailed if he had to reclassify backwards. Best bet is Ayala and probably a JUCO/Grad transfer.

If they can get a legit SG/CG either through a reclass or 5th year, then Battle can move to the 3 next season like Mali and they can run basically a 3 guard lineup. And Brissett is going to have to be ready to play. Moyer, TT, and PC with spot minutes from Sidibe can handle the 4 & 5. They're still going to need some additional bodies. It's not ideal and could be really ugly. It'd be fantastic to be able to plug Diallo in there for a season, but that ship has sailed, I think.

Personally I hope we never touch grad transfers again.
So do I, except as a bench guy looking to get into coaching. Unfortunately, it'll probably be necessary again.

This isn't going to happen, and you know it isn't, so why bother with the post? Does it make you feel better? I'm not really sure how...

SU has Hop listed as head coach designate, so there just really isn't any way they are going to do a 180, pull the rug out from under him and hire from outside. Hop is going to get a chance. Whether you like it or not. You should really try to adopt a more Zen attitude about things that you can not change. It is what it is.
Who died and left you in charge to say what is or is not going to happen. You have your opinion and I have mine. I speaking mine on here and that is what the forum is all. Not for some one who sits back waiting to jump in on a kill. Besides the way this team is going , on the court and on the recruiting end, the AD just may see that this format that was previously set is getting worse and not better and may just "pull the rug" from under" Hopkins. And again my OPINION and only mine, however there are a few that agree with me, it should be pulled and get a proven coach and assistants that can do the job. So before you go off and criticize, remember, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone got one. However you may have two. Have a nice day. ;)

Who died and left you in charge to say what is or is not going to happen. You have your opinion and I have mine. I speaking mine on here and that is what the forum is all. Not for some one who sits back waiting to jump in on a kill. Besides the way this team is going , on the court and on the recruiting end, the AD just may see that this format that was previously set is getting worse and not better and may just "pull the rug" from under" Hopkins. And again my OPINION and only mine, however there are a few that agree with me, it should be pulled and get a proven coach and assistants that can do the job. So before you go off and criticize, remember, opinions are like a$$holes, everyone got one. However you may have two. Have a nice day. ;)

It would have to come with a buyout. That's what most people with your opinion fail to mention. People think we can just pass on Hopkins without repercussion and that isn't the case.

I happen to think not giving him a chance could lead to greater harm, but thats my worthless opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom