Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Offered by Syracuse

Discussion in 'Basketball Recruiting Forum' started by Francis03, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Cusefan0307

Cusefan0307 Hall of Fame

Yeah at this rate it doesn't look like Battle is NBA bound at all. Lydon is 50/50. If those guys return we will be fine, but it probably means we didn't have as good of a finish as we thought we would this year. I'm pretty over the 2017 cycle. We missed on all the high end talent. I think our best chance at getting an elite kid is getting Hameir Wright to reclass.

2. Cuse House

Cuse House Starter

Correct, but as you mentioned, if we have Battle, Lydon, and Howard on the squad next year, we can have a great year and pin our ears back on the 2018 class.

JarHeadJim likes this.
  3. Fly Rodder

Fly Rodder Starter

It's still difficult to fill out a roster with one class unless you're UK. A school like Syracuse who is reliant on a talent pipeline, it really hurts to have a hole in there at any point. Look at Wiscy, for a recent example, something like half their rotation players were redshirted early in their career. If they missed out on a class of those guys, they'd be hurting. SU had 5-6 roster spots this year and has two committed players right now. Say they pick up one more and two grad transfers again and Lydon and Battle stay for 2017. You're looking at maybe another 8 openings in 2018 when the roster restriction expires.

It'll be nice to pick up Ayala as a reclass and another combo guard/wing to sit next season with an eye on 2018. I think the front court should be in good shape.

JarHeadJim and Cuse House like this.
  4. jordville

jordville 2nd String

5. jordville

jordville 2nd String

6. Madbiker

Madbiker All American

Why do we still care about Mr. Tucker? Didn't staff back off him? And frankly he's visited a bunch of times, if he wanted to be Orange he would have committed long ago. He's more interested in other places.

DoctorBombay and PauliePeppas like this.
  7. Trueblue25

Trueblue25 Hall of Fame

he gone

CaptainJ likes this.
  8. Deano

Deano All American

It's not that, go back and read some of the posts in this thread. His visit wasn't the greatest and that was on him.

9. pearl31

pearl31 Hall of Fame

at this point, under any possible circumstance, why would anyone post this? sorry but it became unfunny about 3 yrs ago

two3zone, Nicknack, Scotch and 6 others like this.
  10. Whitey23

Whitey23 Twitter Wizard

Indiana & Nova, maybe Zona or Oregon.

11. 721Comstock

721Comstock Starter

Is Zona planning on running a 5 wing offense or something?

12. jordville

jordville 2nd String

13. NineOneSeven

NineOneSeven Living Legend

Okay

CaptainJ likes this.
  14. pearl31

pearl31 Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

15. CaptainJ

CaptainJ All American

I disagree. I do think that with very limited usage and the possibility of surprise to certain members in certain situations, it can be a winner. It's kind of like the Georgetown rivalry being replaced in a way, though the current antics dont seem to have the potential to become classic.

I see where you're coming from and agree that much of the time it may be impotent, but disagree that there would never be circumstances that beckoned for it, especially it was rarely prescribed, like schedule 2 medications are supposed to be.

16. CaptainJ

CaptainJ All American

Back when I was paying attention more often, it sounded like Tucker was truly leaning Cuse. Didnt his twitter name fit or something? Can anyone summarize what happened to steer him away?

17. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

He came for an official visit, got drunk and acted a fool, and the ensuing immature behavior put the players / coaches off a bit.

They cooled on him and didn't recruit him as hard, while other schools did.

Not suggesting that things are insurmountable, nor that what Tucker did was so bad that they'd never take him, just that it appears to be where things dog legged in our pursuit. And now its getting late in the game.

Nicknack, Scotch and CaptainJ like this.
  18. CaptainJ

CaptainJ All American

Wow, thanks for that, I appreciate it. He sounds like he has a potential to at least have one thing in common with some of the all time SU greats who were known for their proclivity to party. I mean DC kicked in a door, but I dont think anyone would think twice about banning him from the board and the pages of SU history for that. I get the character concerns, but one could also take the perspective that the kid was being the real deal and not putting on the usual job interview tactics that often are turned off after the interview and not seen often again. Apparently even Fab Melo has better job interview skills. Maybe I'm just a bit more like Jesus and believe in forgiveness and not rushing quickly to judgment(though a bit bitter lol). (bleep)ing Cuse recruiting! :(

19. OttoinGrotto

OttoinGrotto 2016 Iggy Winner

It'll come back around.

20. SyracuseTD

SyracuseTD Walk On

Tucker is out. Cut his list to Nova and IU