Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I love this kids game. He is so fluid and quick for his size in my opinion. He is the same size as Mali but way more athletic. Mali did not have the hops this kids has at all. I'm not saying he can shoot like Mali but I think there is way more upside.
Sorry to disagree, but I don't see a ton of athleticism in him, but I didn't either for Mali. I don't see elevation, quick to get up, speed etc. If you watch some of the clips when opponents score on his team, some defensive lapses and his feet don't get in great position, back peddling and such. I think he will be a great offensive player, but he's not there yet on defense and again, no disrespect, but athleticism doesn't jump out to me. Again, this is just my opinion. I still think he could improve upon a lot of these things, but not sure he would be considered an above the rim player.
If you didn't specifically mean jumping, vertical - just not sure he's super quick. Neither is Mali and that didn't stop him from doing damage in the lane and playing solid enough defense to close on shooters spotting up on the wing.

Stay hungry.. but first commit to Syracuse. Your work and our staff will get you prepared for the NBA (kids are seeing lots of $$$$$ with free agency starting).

Sorry to disagree, but I don't see a ton of athleticism in him, but I didn't either for Mali. I don't see elevation, quick to get up, speed etc. If you watch some of the clips when opponents score on his team, some defensive lapses and his feet don't get in great position, back peddling and such. I think he will be a great offensive player, but he's not there yet on defense and again, no disrespect, but athleticism doesn't jump out to me. Again, this is just my opinion. I still think he could improve upon a lot of these things, but not sure he would be considered an above the rim player.
If you didn't specifically mean jumping, vertical - just not sure he's super quick. Neither is Mali and that didn't stop him from doing damage in the lane and playing solid enough defense to close on shooters spotting up on the wing.
Not sure which Mali you watched but his strongest attribute as a player has always been his quickness. Not lateral quickness or reactionary but rather his first step.

Zagorias getting old. Maybe it's just me, but he seems to push DUKE/UK and the NYC schools all the time.

If Zag's first name was Ziggy... everyone would call him Zig Zag... just sayin'

Not sure which Mali you watched but his strongest attribute as a player has always been his quickness. Not lateral quickness or reactionary but rather his first step.
Good point, he has a lightning quick first step.

For some reason when I see this thread it makes me think of this:

"Why that Jordan is one bad..."
"Shut yo mouth!"
"I'm just talkin' 'bout Jordan Tucker"
"We can dig it!"

For some reason when I see this thread it makes me think of this:

"Why that Jordan is one bad..."
"Shut yo mouth!"
"I'm just talkin' 'bout Jordan Tucker"
"We can dig it!"

Just listened to that... now it's going to be in my brainpan all day!...

Last edited:
Just listened to that... now it's going to be in my brainpan all day!...

It's a pretty uplifting song, you could certainly have worse in your head, right? ...Being OttoInGrotto, self proclaimed arbitor of nicknames, is MIA...I wonder if I can refer to JT as Shaft for now? I could probably write a parody of the song for Tucker if I had more energy left. lol

Stay hungry.. but first commit to Syracuse. Your work and our staff will get you prepared for the NBA (kids are seeing lots of $$$$$ with free agency starting).

When he says "too much money on the table waiting for me!!", does that mean he got/is waiting for an offer from Kentucky?

Maryland and Tommy Crean is looking like our biggest comp for him at the moment from what I hear.
Maybe they want to go to B1G schools and major in bovine technology or sumthin. Our guys are ballin! :)