Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Just regurgitating that Francis tweeted Iommi last night saying we have backed off a bit...

Highly doubt he gets his precious Duke offer with Oconnell committing and Duke offering Samuels last night. Not to mention Knox, Diallo, Trent. Tucker is clearly not high on Dukes priority list. They dont throw out offers like a Uconn n Indiana Zona etc so he might be waiting for a long time to his detriment if guys start coming off the board fast.

Damnit. Don't like this only stay in the Northeast mode of operation.

This was before O'Connell committed to Duke so things may have changed. I don't think it was an NE thing, just that we prefer other players. Not trying to say I have any info to offer, just how I read the situation.

Another version...

Excited to watch him play at Wheeler this season... and at Syracuse next year!!

He is probably going to Duke

I know you''ve been told that, but I'm skeptical.

They just got O'Connell and will have Kennard back next year along with possibly Jackson.

Who knows who they sign in the top 10. If he wants to be 5th or 6th on the wing depth chart there hey go for it, but he's not seeing the court there for a couple years.

I know you''ve been told that, but I'm skeptical.

They just got O'Connell and will have Kennard back next year along with possibly Jackson.

Who knows who they sign in the top 10. If he wants to be 5th or 6th on the wing depth chart there hey go for it, but he's not seeing the court there for a couple years.
truth - my source is obviously not as sure about him as AW3 because AW3 had been in contact so much at the Melo Center which made things obvious to those inside.

Word is that Duke is his "dream"

Hey, guys. First time poster. I think it'll be interesting to see what happens after Tucker's visit to Duke. From what I've heard, much like Orangeman13, Tucker does want Duke. But I'm not sure whether it is a two way street. Will be interesting to see what happens given Samuels' verbal to Nova.

truth - my source is obviously not as sure about him as AW3 because AW3 had been in contact so much at the Melo Center which made things obvious to those inside.

Word is that Duke is his "dream"
If true it could be yet another reason to explain why we have been a little more focused on Randolph recently. Silver lining would be its one less 'ship Duke would have to offer and it wouldn't hurt us with Quade's crew. Speaking of, I would love some news on how the weekend went with Bamba, Quade et all. O13 any news/buzz on how it went yet my good man?

If true it could be yet another reason to explain why we have been a little more focused on Randolph recently. Silver lining would be its one less 'ship Duke would have to offer and it wouldn't hurt us with Quade's crew. Speaking of, I would love some news on how the weekend went with Bamba, Quade et all. O13 any news/buzz on how it went yet my good man?

I wonder how much of that is tied to the SG we just lost to Duke, as well.

Keep in mind that we're bringing in a huge class of 2017. We need to add BOTH a starting caliber 2 AND a starting caliber 3 in this class. There's room for both Randolph and Tucker [or Thompson, or whoever].

Last edited:
I wonder how much of that is tied to the SG we just lost to Duke, as well.

Keep in mind that we're bringing in a huge class of 2017. We need to add BOTH a starting caliber 2 AND a starting caliber 3 in this class. There's room for both Randolph and Tucker [or Thompson, or whoever].
White will obviously be gone (SF), but you think TB (SG) will be 1/done?

White will obviously be gone (SF), but you think TB (SG) will be 1/done?

Impossible to know for sure, but I'm preparing for that eventuality given how one-and-dones seem to work out in our "favor."

Also, I think that Battle is a transcendent offensive talent, with the size / versatility that is tailor made to be an NBA shooting guard in today's game. Now, there are a variety of reasons why he might stay in school--maybe he doesn't have quite a big enough year to warrant declaring, maybe he's like Lydon and enjoys the college experience and isn't in such a hurry to go pro, etc. :noidea:

But I'm expecting that Battle will quickly emerge as one of our better players and be in contention to make the jump at the end of the season. Would love to have him around for year 2, but expecting him to go if he's a lottery pick projection [I'd rate the odds of that as pretty high]. Especially if we have a big year and make another deep NCAA tourney run.

Impossible to know for sure, but I'm preparing for that eventuality given how one-and-dones seem to work out in our "favor."

Also, I think that Battle is a transcendent offensive talent, with the size / versatility that is tailor made to be an NBA shooting guard in today's game. Now, there are a variety of reasons why he might stay in school--maybe he doesn't have quite a big enough year to warrant declaring, maybe he's like Lydon and enjoys the college experience and isn't in such a hurry to go pro, etc. :noidea:

But I'm expecting that Battle will quickly emerge as one of our better players and be in contention to make the jump at the end of the season. Would love to have him around for year 2, but expecting him to go if he's a lottery pick projection [I'd rate the odds of that as pretty high]. Especially if we have a big year and make another deep NCAA tourney run.
Agree. If his shooting range (to 3) is decent ... he just brings too much to the table at both ends of the floor to last more than a year in college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom