Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

I heard that his kid is a primadonna and he wouldn't play at Stepinac without his AAU coach on the bench.

I really like Tucker and want him to come here but have convinced myself he is going to Ville. I'm not sure if it's because of the Georgia thing or because it seems we are so focused on other kids (Green, Bamba, Walker) way more and it doesn't seem like he is being talked about. Does anyone know where we stand and when he is planning to make a decision having trimmed his list to 5 schools.

I really like Tucker and want him to come here but have convinced myself he is going to Ville. I'm not sure if it's because of the Georgia thing or because it seems we are so focused on other kids (Green, Bamba, Walker) way more and it doesn't seem like he is being talked about. Does anyone know where we stand and when he is planning to make a decision having trimmed his list to 5 schools.

I'm hearing that the coaching staff may have backed off of Tucker [at least a bit], due to an incident that happened during his last visit.

Which is too bad, because this kid would fill a huge position of need.

I agree 100% with Mike Waters's article from this morning--we need to secure a starting 2 [and possibly a 3] in the class of 2017, and Tucker would nail down the latter role.

I'm hearing that the coaching staff may have backed off of Tucker [at least a bit], due to an incident that happened during his last visit.

I agree 100% with Mike Waters's article from this morning--we need to secure a starting 2 [and possibly a 3] in the class of 2017, and Tucker would nail down the latter role.

please, tell me more :)

This is very correct.

So, have we moved on or have we just pumped the brakes and started to evaluate he and others at his position?

So, have we moved on or have we just pumped the brakes and started to evaluate he and others at his position?

Sounds like the former, with Randolph being prioritized a bit higher now.

But I don't think that they've "moved on" as in eliminated the kid from the wish list entirely.

personally, I'd like to land BOTH Randolph and Tucker, to fill those gaping holes on the wing we'll have in 2017.

But I don't think that they've "moved on" as in eliminated the kid from the wish list entirely.

personally, I'd like to land BOTH Randolph and Tucker, to fill those gaping holes on the wing we'll have in 2017.
I agree and want that as well. I hope they haven't shut the door on Tucker, unless whatever happened was serious.

So this is very strange to me. I'm struggling with the idea that something could happen during a visit that would make them back off "a bit." I'm thinking this would be a one or a zero thing. If he comes on the visit and acts a fool or starts throwing up red flags to the staff about any number of things (work ethic, discipline, expectations of special treatment, interpersonal behavior, criminal activity, etc etc etc) then they cut off the recruitment, they don't back off "a bit", right? What am I missing?

So this is very strange to me. I'm struggling with the idea that something could happen during a visit that would make them back off "a bit." I'm thinking this would be a one or a zero thing. If he comes on the visit and acts a fool or starts throwing up red flags to the staff about any number of things (work ethic, discipline, expectations of special treatment, interpersonal behavior, criminal activity, etc etc etc) then they cut off the recruitment, they don't back off "a bit", right? What am I missing?
My guess may be that he has bro love for another program(Duke?), and staff feels they are better served to spend time/resources on other targets... But, if he commits to us, so be it kinda thing...

My guess may be that he has bro love for another program(Duke?), and staff feels they are better served to spend time/resources on other targets... But, if he commits to us, so be it kinda thing...

Nah. RF mentioned an "incident." When I hear that, I don't interpret it as "he said Dook has a cool cafeteria."

Nah. RF mentioned an "incident." When I hear that, I don't interpret it as "he said Dook has a cool cafeteria."
Yeah, total speculation on my part... Like "incident" in that he flat out told staff on visit that if Duke offers, he will commit to them kinda thing...

You'd have to ask the coaches. I just know that prior to the incident, he was a top priority, now he's a bit further down the pecking order.

And no--it wasn't anything criminal, really problematic, etc. You have to keep in mind that these visits are two way streets, with the coaches also having to evaluate whether they want kids in the program in addition to the players having to decide whether the program is for them. I don't want to make too much out of it, because what I heard is that the incident gave the coaching staff pause. That doesn't mean that they completely dropped him like a hot potato--just that they aren't quite as high on him as they were before.

Nothing too drastic. If the recruiting board falls a certain way, I'd fully expect them to go full bore after Tucker. They still might.

I agree about landing both. Tucker is a 3 and Randolph is a 2. Even if we land Randolph we need Tucker or another 3.