Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

This is the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique of the recruiting world. We drop dead after 5 more contacts with the kid. I give us a zero point zero chance of getting him now.

Great to see these reports of JT really expanding his game. Once again, our staff was on another talent early and now Tucker is blowing up.

I'm anxious to get a commit soon--maybe Tucker will be our first in 2017.

When we first started recruiting him I though he looked a bit stiff and lacked high major athleticism but boy his recent tapes have showed some serious growth in these areas. This kids game really appears to be coming along nicely with another full year left to develop. I think we need to get him signed soon if possible before the UK's and Dukes of the world start making their push.

Francis, you saw one of his games recently what are your impression from a strengths and weakness stand point? I apologize if it was posted earlier.

When we first started recruiting him I though he looked a bit stiff and lacked high major athleticism but boy his recent tapes have showed some serious growth in these areas. This kids game really appears to be coming along nicely with another full year left to develop. I think we need to get him signed soon if possible before the UK's and Dukes of the world start making their push.

Francis, you saw one of his games recently what are your impression from a strengths and weakness stand point? I apologize if it was posted earlier.
http://syracusefan.com/threads/sg-sf-jordan-tucker-ny-offered-by-syracuse.78095/page-5#post-1730406
http://syracusefan.com/threads/sg-sf-jordan-tucker-ny-offered-by-syracuse.78095/page-5#post-1731612

Agree 100% and let me just add to this.
Malachi type like Francis said and this is probably his ceiling. I'm going to throw a couple of other names out there in Southerland, BJ Johnson. My opinion is that he doesn't have their athleticism. And although Mali isn't an elite athlete, he's got Tucker as well. No question that Tucker will be a shooter. But again something added to Malachi's game Jr. and Sr. year of high school had him bullying through the lane and while not a great handle, he had and showed even more at SU the ability to pick an angle to drive and shield the ball with his body all the while avoiding getting his pocket picked by ACC guards.

My opinion is while Tucker is working on this, he hasn't fully reached that level that Richardson already did that would open his shot up enough. Richardson could take a step back or just pop in the guy's face because they had to respect his really good first step and driving ability, drawing contact and in general, make plays in the lane.

The hope is that he figure it out to his full potential, but I see him more as a role player early on in his college career. Again, just my honest opinion but he showed some improvement this AAU season.

Tucker likes the idea of playing with Quade at SU. He retweeted this tweet of mine: good sign.

My tweet was quoting a tweet from a writer, who was scouting the Pangos camp and gushing about Green and how any good shooter would die to have Green setting them up with his perfect passes.

Last edited:
Tucker likes the idea of playing with Quade at SU. He retweeted this tweet of mine: good sign.

My tweet was quoting a tweet from a writer, who was scouting the Pangos camp and gushing about Green and how any good shooter would die to have Green setting them up with his perfect passes.
good work man!

Tucker is a close approximation of what I picture when I imagine an SU prototype "3." A "Carmelo" is obviously ideal, but in no way a realistic norm.

Wow, how about that blog post linked in today's articles - That because JT got a USA U18 camp invite, he may have to cancel visits to St. John's and Nova. That's Jimmy B playing the game like a BOSS!!

Also interesting how he said SU got the idea he wasn't interested in us, but then he reached out and said he was so they have ramped up the work to now be recruiting him the hardest. He talked in the interview quotes like a guy who plans to be here. That would be an awesome pick up.

Edit: Here's the link for convenience:
Jordan Tucker Gets USA Basketball Invite, Says Syracuse Working Hardest