Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

Wow, how about that blog post linked in today's articles - That because JT got a USA U18 camp invite, he may have to cancel visits to St. John's and Nova. That's Jimmy B playing the game like a BOSS!!

Also interesting how he said SU got the idea he wasn't interested in us, but then he reached out and said he was so they have ramped up the work to now be recruiting him the hardest. He talked in the interview quotes like a guy who plans to be here. That would be an awesome pick up.

Edit: Here's the link for convenience:
Jordan Tucker Gets USA Basketball Invite, Says Syracuse Working Hardest

Not sure what this says, but it doesn't seem to be a good look for the staff. Did they not talk to him directly to find out if that was true?

Not sure what this says, but it doesn't seem to be a good look for the staff. Did they not talk to him directly to find out if that was true?
I'm sure they get that info from kids and their schools/coaches all the time.

Lol I hear ya. On the flip as we head into the summer grind, I can say that Juice Man Tucks is pretty much ours to lose.

Dean, in cases like that, what prevents him for just giving a verbal? Then he goes from a guy who is using up team resources (in recruiting him instead of his future team mates), to a resource for the positive in getting people interested in playing with him at Syracuse. This is how Moyer did it and I have to think it helps. Even if Moyer doesn't convince any players to come to SU, at least the coaches can spend resources they would have expended on him on getting other players. Ultimately this improves the team he will play on and so it benefits him much more than any ego stroke you get form the process.

Dean, in cases like that, what prevents him for just giving a verbal? Then he goes from a guy who is using up team resources (in recruiting him instead of his future team mates), to a resource for the positive in getting people interested in playing with him at Syracuse. This is how Moyer did it and I have to think it helps. Even if Moyer doesn't convince any players to come to SU, at least the coaches can spend resources they would have expended on him on getting other players. Ultimately this improves the team he will play on and so it benefits him much more than any ego stroke you get form the process.
Still fairly early in the process and he hasn't visited too many schools so far out of the state. Not a bad thing for him to do his due diligence, so that when he's ready to make things final there are no regrets.

Yeah that makes sense of course. I'm getting a little nervous about our ability to close of late. Seems we get early commits after whirlwind courtships or we get in protracted engagements where we've been on a kid forever only to seemingly lose ground.

The former case would be guys like MCW, Dion, Moyer. The latter would be Anthony Davis, Thomas Bryant, Nerlens Noel, Taurean Thompson, Tyus Battle, etc.

Yeah that makes sense of course. I'm getting a little nervous about our ability to close of late. Seems we get early commits after whirlwind courtships or we get in protracted engagements where we've been on a kid forever only to seemingly lose ground.

The former case would be guys like MCW, Dion, Moyer. The latter would be Anthony Davis, Thomas Bryant, Nerlens Noel, Taurean Thompson, Tyus Battle, etc.
I wouldn't expect the early commits to flow around like past years, due to the fact that we're now in the social media craze era. These youngins love the attention and ego stroking that each fan base of the school recruiting them gives. Nowadays I go in expecting to see these recruitments play out for a bit with the hopes of our staff doing enough to close things out in our favor.

Prior to the Maryland visit, Tucker told SNY.tv Syracuse was working the hardest and he wouldn't mind if uncommitted 2016 forward Taurean Thompson picked the Orange.

Thompson told SNY.tv he's down to Syracuse, Michigan State and Seton Hall and would decide after visiting Sparty, but he has yet to announce.

"Yeah, he would help tremendously because the way he can spread the floor, shoot, post up, block shots," Tucker said of Thompson, his teammate on the Blue team that beat the White team, 140-120, in the Frankie Williams game. "So that whole senior class is leaving [Syracuse] so I would definitely want someone to be there to help."

Prior to the Maryland visit, Tucker told SNY.tv Syracuse was working the hardest and he wouldn't mind if uncommitted 2016 forward Taurean Thompson picked the Orange.

Thompson told SNY.tv he's down to Syracuse, Michigan State and Seton Hall and would decide after visiting Sparty, but he has yet to announce.

"Yeah, he would help tremendously because the way he can spread the floor, shoot, post up, block shots," Tucker said of Thompson, his teammate on the Blue team that beat the White team, 140-120, in the Frankie Williams game. "So that whole senior class is leaving [Syracuse] so I would definitely want someone to be there to help."
He is informed as to the roster situation in '17-'18. That means he has kept close tabs on the Orange, a good thing.

This would also indicate that the many open spots are part of the recruiting pitch. Which only makes sense.

He is informed as to the roster situation in '17-'18. That means he has kept close tabs on the Orange, a good thing.

This would also indicate that the many open spots are part of the recruiting pitch. Which only makes sense.
Will be surprised if he's not wearing Orange in another year.

Will be surprised if he's not wearing Orange in another year.
Be nice for some dominoes to fall. I'd like to see this class get really good really fast.