Class of 2017 - SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 SG/SF Jordan Tucker (NY / GA) Leaving Duke to Butler

The offseason is the time to get the post count up so the newbs that show up in the fall know who puts in the work on the board.

image.gif

Boeheim was there in Colorado Springs
JB has been spending most of his time lately dealing with his charity events. He's not evaluating guys from start to finish in Colorado Springs to tell Shaka Smart and the other coaches who to cut or not. Jordan Tucker told Zags that he wasn't shooting well enough and had to improve if he was going to make the team. So I take that as a player that would be more disappointed in himself by not performing up to his usual standard, than him being mad and holding a grudge against coaches by getting cut.

JB has been spending most of his time lately dealing with his charity events. He's not evaluating guys from start to finish in Colorado Springs to tell Shaka Smart and the other coaches who to cut or not. Jordan Tucker told Zags that he wasn't shooting well enough and had to improve if he was going to make the team. So I take that as a player that would be more disappointed in himself by not performing up to his usual standard, than him being mad and holding a grudge against coaches by getting cut.
Yeah, those tryouts were loaded with the top players at all positions and just to be asked to tryout is a real accomplishment.

That's a really encouraging quote from Tucker. Sounds like he's begining to mature as a kid and player - especially when paired with the news that he's really focused on expanding his game from just a shooter and showing tangible improvement.

All four of the featured guys in that video are nasty. Did you see how Diallo gets up? It's ridiculous.
Yeah he does! He tried to boom it on half the team on that follow up and got called for over the back. It was pretty sick

Yeah he does! He tried to boom it on half the team on that follow up and got called for over the back. It was pretty sick
And Tucker is becoming a pretty slick scorer from all over the floor. Green, Diallo, MJ Walker, Tucker and Richards, dream big.

Substitute Ethan Thompson for Walker, and that's my dream class.
I could dig that too, but after the video Dean posted of MJ Walker, I am a huge fan of his. The kid is much more of a skilled basketball player than I ever gave him credit for, including having a decent jumper.

Very impressive video. O'Bannon is going to be a monster. Throughout the entire video he was pretty much scoring at will. That kid is a matchup nightmare. Any of those kids would be phenomenal additions to anyone's class. Let's hope its Orange. The exciting aspect is that we are going to have room for an enormous class in '17 and if some of these kids are looking for a place that they could combine their talents and play together, Syracuse is going to represent the perfect team in terms of opportunity to do so.

I would think it's reasonably certain that the vibe for the 2017 recruitment season is going to be one hell of a lot different than this current one and that's not to slight Moyer or Battle in the least, it's just to say that their commitments were far apart and other than those 2 we have had several swings with misses and we are still waiting on TT to pull the trigger. I think we all have a recruiting period to look forward to with great anticipation.

I love this kids game. He is so fluid and quick for his size in my opinion. He is the same size as Mali but way more athletic. Mali did not have the hops this kids has at all. I'm not saying he can shoot like Mali but I think there is way more upside.