Shafer and Rouse | Syracusefan.com

Shafer and Rouse

OrangeAl

2023 Cali Award Receiving Touchdowns
After the game HCSS hugged several people. One long hug and conversation was with Tyler Rouse. I wonder if he was telling him "You're the real deal and we should have recruited you"?

You win some you lose some. All part of recruiting. Can't dwell on the misses.

Maybe it's just me, but give me Fredericks over Rouse any day. Rouse is in a perfect system for his running style.
Not even close. SU wasn't the only school that didn't recruit TR. I think BC was his only offer.

He was a tough little back, given his diminutive stature, but easily one of the worst backs we faced this season. That is not to say he is bad, just that we face backs ranging from pretty good, to beastly every damned game after CMU.

He was a tough little back, given his diminutive stature, but easily one of the worst backs we faced this season. That is not to say he is bad, just that we face backs ranging from pretty good, to beastly every damned game after CMU.
Syracuse once had a little back. He went pro, won a Superbowl, too. In a land of giants, the little guys can get lost easy enough and make huge gains if they can take the beating when caught.

Syracuse once had a little back. He went pro, won a Superbowl, too. In a land of giants, the little guys can get lost easy enough and make huge gains if they can take the beating when caught.

Syracuse has had plenty of other little backs (Malcom Thomas, Kyle McIntosh, PTG, etc.), before we even get to the walk-on on the roster this year. My point still stands. he was ok, but in comparison to almost every other back we have faced this year, he was not exactly a force of nature.

He had concussion issues coming out of high school to go along with his lack of size. He played a heck of a game and is a nice little back for BC.

I just thought it was a nice gesture on Shafer's part and I wondered what their conversation was about. I don't think Shafer has any reason for strong regrets about not recruiting Rouse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom