Shafer continues to impress | Syracusefan.com

Shafer continues to impress

kcsu

Living Legend
Each time i listen to Shafer he is impresive. He comes across as totally genuine, the players seem to have a strong connection to him and he looks like he loves what he is doing. I have been a fan of his since Doug hired him and i believe we have as good a coach for our program and community that we could ever hope for. Really impressed with him would love to see him get a long term extension after this year.

kcsu said:
Each time i listen to Shafer he is impresive. He comes across as totally genuine, the players seem to have a strong connection to him and he looks like he loves what he is doing. I have been a fan of his since Doug hired him and i believe we have as good a coach for our program and community that we could ever hope for. Really impressed with him would love to see him get a long term extension after this year.

Amen.

And I like that he says ass in a microphone at the mall too.

yep, he's the perfect antidote to all this uniform angst. Can't help but want to support this man. Love his approach and style from day one and this day was no different now that I got to see the video. I should have watched it live as it would make me (almost) look past the uni thing and besides during it they made it clear that orange is one the way.

But yeah how can you not support this guy and all he's doing and done.

I will second this... I met HCSS last week at a charity event. I got to chat with him for about 5 minutes, but he took a very genuine interest in who I was. He got pulled away but I couldn't help think that this guy will be successful. He loves it here, loves how the community has taken them in. This is his kind of town. All things you have heard before but you can hear it in his voice and see it in his eyes when you chat with him. He is a good man, that much I could see. Really cares about his players. He also said that the IPF should be about ready to get going. Some issues with the stream under manley and politics that is holding it up.

Random Thought. What better way for HCSS to say you Dabo you m effer than to pick up Chad Kelley , turn him around and beat Dabo and Clemson down with him as our QB? That would make for some good TV ratings and tasty ACC sauce.

Random Thought. What better way for HCSS to say you Dabo you m effer than to pick up Chad Kelley , turn him around and beat Dabo and Clemson down with him as our QB? That would make for some good TV ratings and tasty ACC sauce.
Among other reasons why not, I don't believe he can transfer in conference.

SmilinBob said:
I'd rather beat Dabo with a recruit from NYC that no one else really cared about at qb.
Hmmm...like T Hunt?

Among other reasons why not, I don't believe he can transfer in conference.
He can transfer within the ACC...however, we don't need him...I expect he'll go to a CAA 1AA Team

The Big East had a 2 year rule...the ACC has just a standard 1 year rule

He can transfer within the ACC...however, we don't need him...I expect he'll go to a CAA 1AA Team

The Big East had a 2 year rule...the ACC has just a standard 1 year rule
I'd rather beat Dabo with a recruit from NYC that no one else really cared about at qb.
Hunt's the Man for the next 2 years , if you recall I'm the one who nominated him for the big college football award. ( I don't want to say the name of that award because I took a bad whoopin (Millhouse) from many "Fans" last time I said it) . Is Kelly really that bad of a young person to say he is unredeemable?

Hunt's the Man for the next 2 years , if you recall I'm the one who nominated him for the big college football award. ( I don't want to say the name of that award because I took a bad whoopin (Millhouse) from many "Fans" last time I said it) . Is Kelly really that bad of a young person to say he is unredeemable?
Yes

Kelly is a spoiled little brat. Reminds me of what we saw from Ryan Leaf when he imploded in the NFL. Hopefully Kelly gets his act together, Leaf is a good example for him to look at and not go that route

Kelly is a spoiled little brat. Reminds me of what we saw from Ryan Leaf when he imploded in the NFL. Hopefully Kelly gets his act together, Leaf is a good example for him to look at and not go that route
He got thrown off the team at Clemson. That's got to be a growing experience , he has apologized to the team and coaches.

He got thrown off the team at Clemson. That's got to be a growing experience , he has apologized to the team and coaches.

We don't need to take the chance. We've got good talent at that spot and a pretty good starter. Why risk it?

Drew Allen was a good risk - a good guy trying to get his chance. It didn't work out and many here have wondered if the result would have been different with just T.Hunt at the helm.

We don't need to take the chance. We've got good talent at that spot and a pretty good starter. Why risk it?

Drew Allen was a good risk - a good guy trying to get his chance. It didn't work out and many here have wondered if the result would have been different with just T.Hunt at the helm.
Allen brought hard work , professionalism and maturity that accelerated Terrell's development . Everybody and his uncle wanted Kelly 3 years ago , he's still the same person needing to grow and develop. Like I said before , it was just a random thought.

Everybody and his uncle wanted Kelly 3 years ago , he's still the same person needing to grow and develop. Like I said before , it was just a random thought.
And the chatter of prima donna and locker room cancer were there two or three years ago too. I know some people here were relieved he didn't come to SU.

And the chatter of prima donna and locker room cancer were there two or three years ago too. I know some people here were relieved he didn't come to SU.
Didn't Matt Alkire from the previous board have some pretty harsh words about his character and basically say we dodged a bullet?

I think if HCSS pulls off a few winning seasons you guys will stop worrying about the uni's.
Nah. If he pulls off a few winning seasons, we'll say, "Now, if they'd just fix the unis..."

He's also got kicked off at least 1 HS team if not 2. It's a reoccuring theme with him and at no point has he shown any desire to grow and/or change. I had a convo with one of his HS coaches at some point and was thrilled he didn't land at SU long before any of this Clemson non sense.
upload_2014-4-18_10-23-40.jpeg

DownTheField said:
Didn't Matt Alkire from the previous board have some pretty harsh words about his character and basically say we dodged a bullet?

Yes he did, because of some very bad incidents that took place in Pennsylvania.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom