Shafer Dismissed per SI | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Shafer Dismissed per SI

I was going to ask about that. Is this the first time that the editorial board has endorsed the football coach's firing? I don't remember an editorial like the one they published the other day when Robinson got canned but I'm happy to be proven wrong.
that editorial read like Brent Axe had written it, pretty bush league to publish something like that

that editorial read like Brent Axe had written it, pretty bush league to publish something like that
I'm tempted to call in and ask him point blank.
I'm sure that "Steve from North Syracuse" (hi SWC75 ) could get on.

I'm tempted to call in and ask him point blank.
I'm sure that "Steve from North Syracuse" (hi SWC75 ) could get on.
I like that idea. I'd have to tune into his show if someone were to do that

That piece was horsesh!t. How the hell do they publish the part about the hit Dungey took? Unconfirmed garbage.

Whoever wrote that sucks.

Let's be fair - Dungey did "appear to lose consciousness." There's nothing wrong with that characterization.

But this isn't the role of an editorial staff. It's just gratuitous criticism of a guy who lost his job. With all the hyperlinks, it's a transparent piece - designed to drive as many clicks as possible. I'm sorry I gave them one.

Let's be fair - Dungey did "appear to lose consciousness." There's nothing wrong with that characterization.

But this isn't the role of an editorial staff. It's just gratuitous criticism of a guy who lost his job. With all the hyperlinks, it's a transparent piece - designed to drive as many clicks as possible. I'm sorry I gave them one.
Let's not forget they were silent on the issue until after Shafer had been fired. Crickets back in October.

it's getting a little chippy on twitter today with the folks who are upset that Shafer got fired. Even Stephen Bailey is getting into it

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 5m5 minutes ago
Stephen Bailey Retweeted Dennis Reilley

Incredible that even some of the people who want him here don't know how to spell his name. It's an epidemic.

Stephen Bailey added,
Dennis Reilley @DennisReilley
@Stephen_Bailey1 Rehire Scott Schafer. It was a huge mistake to let him go
0 retweets1 like

it's getting a little chippy on twitter today with the folks who are upset that Shafer got fired. Even Stephen Bailey is getting into it

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 5m5 minutes ago
Stephen Bailey Retweeted Dennis Reilley

Incredible that even some of the people who want him here don't know how to spell his name. It's an epidemic.

Stephen Bailey added,
Dennis Reilley @DennisReilley
@Stephen_Bailey1 Rehire Scott Schafer. It was a huge mistake to let him go
0 retweets1 like

#IStandWithBailey

I find it kind of amazing that someone wants to be an advocate for Coach Shafer but can't spell his name correctly after seven years in Syracuse. It's not a difficult name to spell.
I'm sure I will be accused of nitpicking; it just seems like the minimal requirement for supporting him.
I imagine this happens more frequently on Syracuse.com where the yokel factor is magnified.

#IStandWithBailey

I find it kind of amazing that someone wants to be an advocate for Coach Shafer but can't spell his name correctly after seven years in Syracuse. It's not a difficult name to spell.
I'm sure I will be accused of nitpicking; it just seems like the minimal requirement for supporting him.
I imagine this happens more frequently on Syracuse.com where the yokel factor is magnified.

Most of the people that wanted Shafer fired couldn't spell his name either. :noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom