Shafer Red Robin /Destiny Show. | Syracusefan.com

Shafer Red Robin /Destiny Show.

I've never been to a Red Robin, but in my mind I picture it as a Taco Bell type place...

Isn't there somewhere a little more, idk... not a chain restaurant that he could be doing this at?

Also, I'm imagining that Kyle Flood holds his show at a White Castle. And he eats with a bib.

I've never been to a Red Robin, but in my mind I picture it as a Taco Bell type place...

Isn't there somewhere a little more, idk... not a chain restaurant that he could be doing this at?

Also, I'm imagining that Kyle Flood holds his show at a White Castle. And he eats with a bib.
More TGI Fridays than Taco Bell and I like the burgers at Red Robin a lot. Do they help sponsor the show?

CuseTroop said:
I've never been to a Red Robin, but in my mind I picture it as a Taco Bell type place... Isn't there somewhere a little more, idk... not a chain restaurant that he could be doing this at?
I imagine it goes to the highest bidder.

Also, since it was an IMG production, I assume it will depend on whichever company takes on the marketing.

OttoinGrotto said:
Dinosaur BBQ is really the only choice.
I'm sure Shafer appreciates the quick drive home from Fayetteville Town Center (as does Boeheim from Delmonico's). Attending the show at Red Robin is great if you want to meet Shafer -- he mugs for pictures during every commercial break -- but it's nearly impossible to hear the show.

why dont they cater the show at the fball facility? let people sign up to attend on a web page, prepay via CC or paypal, you could do a much better presentation, you could have a player attend if you wanted, you could actually have a fan fun event that could have real content if you wanted. the coach wouldnt have to leave practice to get there. people would really be able t ask questions, you could hear the show

how many people at the Red Robin are really there for the radio show each night?

BuybbJGIcAAbe_A.jpg:large

I love Red Robin. It's the Ferrari of burger joints... and serve endless fries.

The show is moving to Clarks Ale house as soon as its finished. The first guest is scheduled to be Cam Lynch, 3rd year starter for the NY Giants.
I really enjoyed your work on this post. Exceptionally well done.

why dont they cater the show at the fball facility? let people sign up to attend on a web page, prepay via CC or paypal, you could do a much better presentation, you could have a player attend if you wanted, you could actually have a fan fun event that could have real content if you wanted. the coach wouldnt have to leave practice to get there. people would really be able t ask questions, you could hear the show

how many people at the Red Robin are really there for the radio show each night?
First, I assume that Red Robin is paying a sponsorship fee of some kind to host the show. Plus they supply all of the food and labor to cook and serve it, deal with health inspections, etc. And if HCSS has to cancel or change the time some weeks, no big deal as people will still get the meal that they came for.

Second, you would only attract die-hard fans to come to the facility for the show. It could be a nicer presentation, but you'd be giving it to people who are already locked in to the customer base. At a popular joint like RR, a diehard fan could easily talk family/coworkers/others who were already going out to dinner somewhere (i.e., potential fans) to go to RR without even mentioning that a show is taking place. And you might pull in some randoms who just happened to be there. Even if these people didn't suddenly convert into superfans, many would be posting pics of themselves at the event.

http://cuse.com/news/2014/8/26/FH_0826140732.aspx?path=football#.U_zN1bkg-1s

8/26/2014 2:03:00 PM
Syracuse head football coach Scott Shafer will host his weekly radio show at Destiny USA this season. Shafer and show host Matt Park will broadcast from the first level of the Canyon Area for the live, hour-long show. Fans are invited to watch the show in person at Destiny USA or participate via telephone (1-888-7-Go Cuse or 424-8599) or via Twitter (@SUSportsNetwork) using #AskShafe.

The show will feature coach Shafer discussing strategy, his team and its opponents this season. Fans are encouraged to stop by the canyon area of Destiny USA during the show to listen to the program and to meet Coach Shafer.

The show will air at 7 pm on the following dates:
Wednesday, Aug. 27
Thursday, Sept. 11
Thursday, Sept. 18
Thursday, Sept. 25
Wednesday, Oct. 1
Thursday, Oct. 9
Thursday, Oct. 16
Thursday, Oct. 23
Thursday, Oct. 30
Thursday, Nov. 6
Thursday, Nov. 13