Shhh: ACCN from other board | Syracusefan.com

Shhh: ACCN from other board

arbitragegls

All Conference
Thought an update from my Jan 21 post needs to be done based on the noise that is out there...have to say the STEALTH side has clamped down on talk of the ACCN...the Ninja was not pleased with comments coming out of FSU. In fact, news, rumors etc about the ACCN are under lock and key. Recently a few members of FSU BOT spoke out about "no movement" as reported by WARCHANT only to be further explained by WARCHANT podcast concerning the fact that aside from Presidents and AD's, nothing is being made public...so as Syracuse moved to ACC and Notre Dame came in as associate member, the NINJA is holding all the cards...and the cards say:

ACCN is going to happen....not if but when and what

As indicated on Jan 21, 201
The Conference Presidents are discussing approval as this is written--moving forward is no longer the issue.

1. ESPN/Raycom working this together with the ACC
2. Monies from Maryland leaving may be used...at least the Conference $$$
3. Fox negotiations are moving forward...to get subleases from Raycom back
4. The leadership of the ACC Digital Network (Raycom) is turning out to be a big component of the plan

--------------
SO Where does this stand now...

Cable unbundling is a factor-- it is not the primary concern. All along the ACC has chosen ESPN because it has the capability to execute and distribute a number of cable, online, streaming and digital means to reach all psychographics of likely viewers. Point is, the delivery system may not be "just" cable...but a combination of numerous offerings...it is these that are being put together as the ACCN is being ready for launch--it will be ALL at ONCE--presume ACCN to be the most diverified college network of all...and yes RAYCOM will be included...but there is more:

ESPN, ACC, and Raycom are not negotiating in public...among themselves and/or other partners.
HOWEVER, IT IS MOVING TO THE CLOSING STAGE...

Also, keep in mind Notre Dame, NBC etc and potential expansion. The potential change in CCG and divisions is important so don't down play; don't believe the ACC proffered it as just to help the Big 12. There are a number of moving parts--and those parts are about to bring in some not typical partners and associates...
1. Notre Dame and NBC...heating up and does make a strange bedfellow for ESPN...
2. SECN...talks have been ongoing...could be a bigger surprise than #1.
3. Projected time frame remains mid to late 2016-signed and sealed.

The outline of the ACCN is just about done...the noise outside is nothing more than that.

Keep the course it is all moving forward and it will be AWESOME!

It's Good to be 'Cuse! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange...

I'm hearing 2017-18.

So somewhere in between.

Very few cable types, including ESPN, want the Network...but ACC pushing hard for it.

Big concern there will be little carriage from cable distributors.

It lacks the selling points of the other networks.

A lot smarter folks than us are working out these issues. Personally, with technology changing as quickly and as much as we've seen, I don't know how it'll be structured for maximum viability.
I have to believe these same questions are being asked and hopefully answered by all the suits at the table!
Thx again, Arb- your updates have been the most accurate I've seen since CR started. You're not always 100% right, but youre never wrong!!:eat popcorn:

I want to thank the OP. I thought my posting difficulties were due to my internet connection or something, but this ninja theory makes more sense. I now know where to direct my daily hatred each time it occurs. The ninja may be holding all the cards, but we're holding balls.

2ab6fba4c0262b3ff3cc831579bf5e37.jpg

I want to thank the OP. I thought my posting difficulties were due to my internet connection or something, but this ninja theory makes more sense. I now know where to direct my daily hatred each time it occurs. The ninja may be holding all the cards, but we're holding balls.

2ab6fba4c0262b3ff3cc831579bf5e37.jpg

I hate Ninjas

ninjabeg.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors