Shirt World On Marshall St... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Shirt World On Marshall St...

True, true.

What's next up? The Lucious Pusey parade of headlines? The fortune teller? The Julius Hodge meltdown?

The table is groaning with a veritable feast of prized threads. Everyone's vote is welcome. It's a long offseason.
my two year old won't nap when visiting grandparents so i put her in the car and drove around forever. ended up driving by pusey rd in albion, ny and laughed thinking about that thread

Still the funniest thread on this board of all time.

Even all these years later, I still can't believe the guy came on the forum to ask for free legal advice from board lawyers to deal with that situation. Freaking hilarious!

That one was awesome. I usually skim over or altogether skip the occasional off-topic thread that gets posted on one of the main sports boards. But I started reading that one for some reason and it was just hilarious!

Even with all of the stories - this one in particular just seems to capture the whole milieu of the place.
Wow, this is serious material for a Simpsons episode, something like introducing "Sleazy Dave's" and his "value" deals.

Even all these years later, I still can't believe the guy came on the forum to ask for free legal advice from board lawyers to deal with that situation. Freaking hilarious!

Please let there be a link to this.

I 2nd that.

Question: When I search for old threads, I can't seem to find super old ones (3+ years ago). Am I just bad, or is there some reason for this?

Please let there be a link to this.
I 2nd that.

LOL--here is the short version--and this is 100% not embellished, although I might have a detail or two wrong after all these years. An regular [albeit semi-infrequent] poster on one of the earlier versions of the board wrote an OT post asking the lawyers on the board to give him free legal advice. His situation--and I'm not making this up--was that he paid a witch to make a love potion for him, that was ostensibly guaranteed to make some poor girl fall in love with him. He'd paid several hundred dollars for the "love potion," and when it didn't work he got disgruntled and wanted to know what his legal recourse was, what he could do to recoup what he'd spent based upon false advertising grounds, etc.

As you might imagine, the thread caused an immediate uproar. Some of the funniest reaction posts I've ever read. And the original poster who'd admitted to that ridiculous story / conduct quickly disappeared in shame due to the hilarious backlash.

I really, really, really hope somebody printed or downloaded or saved that OP for posterity. It sounds like something that could only be made up... only it wasn't.

Last edited:
LOL--here is the short version--and this is 100% not embellished. An regular [albeit semi-infrequent] poster on one of the earlier versions of the board wrote an OT post asking the lawyers on the board to give him free legal advice. His situation--and I'm not making this up--was that he paid a witch to make a love potion for him, that was ostensibly guaranteed to make some poor girl fall in love with him. He'd paid several hundred dollars for the "love potion," and when it didn't work he got disgruntled and wanted to know what his legal recourse was, what he could do to recoup what he'd spent based upon false advertising grounds, etc.

As you might imagine, the thread caused an immediate uproar. Some of the funniest reaction posts I've ever read. And the original poster who'd admitted to that ridiculous story / conduct quickly disappeared in shame due to the hilarious backlash.

I really, really, really hope somebody printed or downloaded or saved that OP for posterity. It sounds like something that could only be made up... only it wasn't.
Who knew Ted Cruz was an SU fan?

LOL--here is the short version--and this is 100% not embellished, although I might have a detail or two wrong after all these years. An regular [albeit semi-infrequent] poster on one of the earlier versions of the board wrote an OT post asking the lawyers on the board to give him free legal advice. His situation--and I'm not making this up--was that he paid a witch to make a love potion for him, that was ostensibly guaranteed to make some poor girl fall in love with him. He'd paid several hundred dollars for the "love potion," and when it didn't work he got disgruntled and wanted to know what his legal recourse was, what he could do to recoup what he'd spent based upon false advertising grounds, etc.

This is just pure magic, no pun intended.

Say said potion were to work, would it have a retail price of a few hundred bucks?

I'm going to have to search harder and find this.

RF2044 said:
LOL--here is the short version--and this is 100% not embellished, although I might have a detail or two wrong after all these years. An regular [albeit semi-infrequent] poster on one of the earlier versions of the board wrote an OT post asking the lawyers on the board to give him free legal advice. His situation--and I'm not making this up--was that he paid a witch to make a love potion for him, that was ostensibly guaranteed to make some poor girl fall in love with him. He'd paid several hundred dollars for the "love potion," and when it didn't work he got disgruntled and wanted to know what his legal recourse was, what he could do to recoup what he'd spent based upon false advertising grounds, etc. As you might imagine, the thread caused an immediate uproar. Some of the funniest reaction posts I've ever read. And the original poster who'd admitted to that ridiculous story / conduct quickly disappeared in shame due to the hilarious backlash. I really, really, really hope somebody printed or downloaded or saved that OP for posterity. It sounds like something that could only be made up... only it wasn't.
Always thought it was Tristy as one of his many characters on here.

Yeah...Dave Jacobs is still a crook.

RF2044 said:
LOL--here is the short version--and this is 100% not embellished, although I might have a detail or two wrong after all these years. An regular [albeit semi-infrequent] poster on one of the earlier versions of the board wrote an OT post asking the lawyers on the board to give him free legal advice. His situation--and I'm not making this up--was that he paid a witch to make a love potion for him, that was ostensibly guaranteed to make some poor girl fall in love with him. He'd paid several hundred dollars for the "love potion," and when it didn't work he got disgruntled and wanted to know what his legal recourse was, what he could do to recoup what he'd spent based upon false advertising grounds, etc. As you might imagine, the thread caused an immediate uproar. Some of the funniest reaction posts I've ever read. And the original poster who'd admitted to that ridiculous story / conduct quickly disappeared in shame due to the hilarious backlash. I really, really, really hope somebody printed or downloaded or saved that OP for posterity. It sounds like something that could only be made up... only it wasn't.

This by far was the greatest thread in board history. I would kill for this to be somehow unarchived.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom