Shirt World On Marshall St... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Shirt World On Marshall St...

In my eyes this thread is part of the “syracusefan holy trinity.” The Holy Trinity always comes back and rarely disappoints. Shirt World, Rutgers and Shawn Michaels always return without ever being bumped.

And Dave Jacobs is a huge scumbag. I thoroughly enjoy telling him and his minions that I am going to Mannys or the SU bookstore to buy my SU gear.
You know a thread exerts a powerful field of gravity when it can draw the legendary OOT out of hiding. Welcome back and hope all's well, amigo.

Shirt World's Motto (pick you favorite):

"We'll steal the shirt off your back and offer to sell it back to you"
"At Shirt World our adding machine can't subtract"
"Buy one get one free means you buy and I get one free extra dollar from everyone"
"We can't advertise our prices cause nothing in the store has a price tag"
"If you have to ask the price you haven't shopped here before"
"You never have to worry about checking your receipt cause you don't get one"

"Buy one get one free means you buy and I get one free extra dollar from everyone"
And while at the cash register, “ oops, that’s not the real price tag, the real price is right underneath this one. Let me peel it off and charge you the real price”!

Scumbag

^ I worked there I know. Lol. I wasn't good at the bait and switch so I got to hang shirts all day.

Last edited:

I’m going to turn that into a custom t-shirt from holy shirt and sell that to Syracusefan.com members.

Seriously. Who’s interested?

I’d put a circle with a line through it on the front with “SW” under the circle, and the list on the back.

Who wants to make a mock-up for me.

Don’t think I could use the name...as Jacobs would probably sue me.

I am a newbie to this board, a guy I talked with at Hoophall convinced me to give it a shot, I am usually on Troy Nunes. This T-Shirt World thread has got me laughing so hard that I am crying. This thread is a flat out riot. How does he stay in business? The place was the same 30 years ago and it was the same when I went back to campus last fall after a 22-year hiatus. Thanks for giving me some hardy laughs.

Back in the late 70's my wife's brother owned a fairly nice restaurant . My wife and my two very young daughters were there one night. Jacobs was also there and spent most of the evening hitting on my wife. My daughters were old enough to understand what was happening and told me about it the next day.

I've thoroughly enjoyed all the character assassinations of the dude in this thread. Sleazer.

I am a newbie to this board, a guy I talked with at Hoophall convinced me to give it a shot, I am usually on Troy Nunes. This T-Shirt World thread has got me laughing so hard that I am crying. This thread is a flat out riot. How does he stay in business? The place was the same 30 years ago and it was the same when I went back to campus last fall after a 22-year hiatus. Thanks for giving me some hardy laughs.
Welcome to the board. You're off to an excellent start, with a >4:1 likes-to-posts ratio. That's right up there with the mighty General20, so you might want to retire now and quit while you're ahead.

Interesting thread. My only experience with him was positive. I was leaving the Hill for the last time (I had officially become an alum that morning) and my parents and I stopped at Shirt World for some merchandise. We purchased a few items. I wanted the 2003 National Championship banner, but that was the only one he had and an original at that. He gave me a Jonny Flynn autographed picture and felt bad he couldn't part with the banner.

Interesting thread. My only experience with him was positive. I was leaving the Hill for the last time (I had officially become an alum that morning) and my parents and I stopped at Shirt World for some merchandise. We purchased a few items. I wanted the 2003 National Championship banner, but that was the only one he had and an original at that. He gave me a Jonny Flynn autographed picture and felt bad he couldn't part with the banner.

Get out of the thread, Jacobs.

Did you ever check your receipt ? He charged you for that banner.

and that wasn't Johnny Flynn
stymie.png

I thought we'd make 200 posts easy before someone said something nice about him - actually I thought we would make 1000. Good thing I didn't place that bet.

Anyone else getting a database error when trying to access the article in the DO?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom