Shut up Chad Ford!! | Syracusefan.com

Shut up Chad Ford!!

cuseclappy

Winner 2016 SU Football Season Prediction Contest
chadfordinsider Chad Ford
Syracuse fans last week: "Why no love for Chris McCullough?" Cuse fans today: "Shut up"

"No one has seen his stock rise more in the first two weeks of the season than McCullough. He is averaging 15.6 PPG, 7.6 RPG and 2.6 BPG in his first five games for Syracuse, including two very strong games against Cal (12 points, 7 rebounds, 5 blocks) and Iowa (20 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks). Those are impressive numbers for a freshman. But what intrigues scouts is what's behind the numbers. McCullough has a 7-foot-3 wingspan, is an explosive leaper and is the rare big who can protect the rim on defense and stretch the floor on offense. He needs to add a lot of strength, but virtually every scout I spoke to who saw him play last week in New York came away feeling he'd be a lottery pick."

The bigger surprise would be if McCullough wasn't garnering this kind of attention.

It would also mean we have 2 losses already

If Grant stayed I don't think McCullough would be a lotto pick yet...funny how things work out

If Grant stayed I don't think McCullough would be a lotto pick yet...funny how things work out

Or maybe Grant would be playing SF and we'd be excited about that back of the zone, but wondering what good would come from Grant playing on the perimeter on offense?Could it be that Grant's decision to declare last year might have actually been the right move for his pro career?

Why would you think that? Either because you think Grant being here buries McCullough on the depth chart (even though he'd still be the 2nd (1st, but whatever) best forward) or because you think Grant would have been better this year than McCullough is now (which is bull)

I hate the NBA!
Not as much as I do. We need a REVOLUTION in college basketball. A sea change. A transformational shift in consciousness. STAY IN SCHOOL! HELL NO, WE WON'T GO!

Imagine there's no NBA
I wonder if you can . . . .

I may have to complete that song, but I can't do it tonight. Busy. Have to go to Wegmans. Shoot me now!

Been saying it all year he reminds me of otto porter with more explosivness off the dribble. THe only thing he needs to add to his game is to fill out some.

Not as much as I do. We need a REVOLUTION in college basketball. A sea change. A transformational shift in consciousness. STAY IN SCHOOL! HELL NO, WE WON'T GO!

Imagine there's no NBA
I wonder if you can . . . .

I may have to complete that song, but I can't do it tonight. Busy. Have to go to Wegmans. Shoot me now!

Ha, good stuff! As for shooting you, I hope the aim of the shooters isnt better than this team's.

Not sure why this is an issue -- it always appeared he was one and done regardless.

Why would you think that? Either because you think Grant being here buries McCullough on the depth chart (even though he'd still be the 2nd (1st, but whatever) best forward) or because you think Grant would have been better this year than McCullough is now (which is bull)
CMac has had a lot of opportunities and PT, partly because we don't have much else. I think Grant and Rak would have been the focal part of the offense had JG returned. As the 2nd F, it's more likely he would have had much shorter leash; I think Roberson and BJ still would have gotten time at the 2nd F spot. McCullough had looked great and I'm excited about his potential, but if Grant came back I'd bet CMac's shots would be 40% less. And while NBA scouts still could have seen the potential there, it wouldn't have been as obvious as it is now. There's no way he's averaging 14/7 if Grant is here.

I'm disappointed we won't see Chris is Orange next year, but continuing to crank out lottery picks is a good thing for the program long term. It just makes it where you essentially have to strike lightning to get to a NC opportunity. That said, its really always been that way...

He said in the interview that if he's not ready he will stay another year. Some players actually do want to put more time into their evolving skill sets before committing to the big leagues. You never know, he might choose to come back like Marcus Smart, Harrison twins and such. I'm sure he knows how much playtime the Cuse players have gotten after going into the draft lately and wants to play more than they have.

He said in the interview that if he's not ready he will stay another year. Some players actually do want to put more time into their evolving skill sets before committing to the big leagues. You never know, he might choose to come back like Marcus Smart, Harrison twins and such. I'm sure he knows how much playtime the Cuse players have gotten after going into the draft lately and wants to play more than they have.

The Harrison twins came back because they played themselves out of the lottery.

It's pretty useless to discuss...butttt

how good would an Ennis, Joseph (he has some great 2 guard tendencies), Grant, McCullough, Rak lineup be?

Trueblue25 said:
It's pretty useless to discuss...butttt how good would an Ennis, Joseph (he has some great 2 guard tendencies), Grant, McCullough, Rak lineup be?

Very good but not as good as you think because the other team would play all 5 defenders in the lane.

Very good but not as good as you think because the other team would play all 5 defenders in the lane.

I agree with this for the current state of affairs, but do you think there is a realistic opportunity the outside shooting may improve enough to prevent that by whatever time we'd need it to?

The Harrison's stayed because they're not good. And Smart would be an example of why you WANT to leave early. He didn't help himself at all.

chadfordinsider Chad Ford
Syracuse fans last week: "Why no love for Chris McCullough?" Cuse fans today: "Shut up"

"No one has seen his stock rise more in the first two weeks of the season than McCullough. He is averaging 15.6 PPG, 7.6 RPG and 2.6 BPG in his first five games for Syracuse, including two very strong games against Cal (12 points, 7 rebounds, 5 blocks) and Iowa (20 points, 9 rebounds, 3 blocks). Those are impressive numbers for a freshman. But what intrigues scouts is what's behind the numbers. McCullough has a 7-foot-3 wingspan, is an explosive leaper and is the rare big who can protect the rim on defense and stretch the floor on offense. He needs to add a lot of strength, but virtually every scout I spoke to who saw him play last week in New York came away feeling he'd be a lottery pick."

You beat Boeheim to the punch and deserve some credit for it. Being it's apparently a popular topic, I dont mind bumping this back to the first page in hopes that you get some more "likes" being you broke the story on here. There were also some other posts in this thread that it would have been interesting to see replies to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom