Silent Verbal? | Syracusefan.com

Silent Verbal?

scottynguyen

2nd String
"I will tell you that next year's recruiting class will be the best that we've ever had here at Syracuse University. That's next year's class — 2015. We've got four guys (who've committed) and we're getting another, but I can't talk about that. It's going to be a great recruiting class, and I think you'll be excited about the future."

http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/in...class_is_his_best_ever_do_y.html#incart_river

It's nice to hear JB's confidence, it's shaping up to be a monster class. I assume Thomas Bryant will be the 5th signing? Any other guesses?

Can someone please recap the article? I can't read Poliquin without throwing up.

Jim and Juli got a $100,000 donation from Eaton's Crouse-Hinds. JB was speaking there in front of 300 ppl.

Said it's tough to lose players early, Jerami, Tyler blah blah. Went on to say 2015 is our best class ever.

Said Cleveland should absolutely try to acquire Kevin Love.

And Bud listed Malachi Richardson as Malachi Robinson.:eek:

I agree that if there is in fact a silent verbal that it would most likely be the local kid Bryant rather than Jones.

I wonder if the "loud" verbal would come in time for the early signing period or not until spring ?

However, I have to take exception to Jimmy's comment ""I will tell you that next year's recruiting class will be the best that we've ever had here at Syracuse University. That's next year's class — 2015." No way is this the best ever class unless the silent verbal is LeBron coming to college.

How could this class be better than the Coleman class:

DC - #1 overall recruit
Thompson - concencus Top Ten kid
Duncan - concensus Top Twenty kid
Hughes - Top 50 kid
and Matt Roe to provide the icing.

Not to mention the Melo class.

I could also get into other classes that look as good as this one does - not to say that this will not be a terrific class. IMHO, the key to the effectiveness of the incoming class will be if we can get 2+ productive seasons out of everybody.

However, Jimmy's comment definitely leaves us excited and looking forward to the future even more than I was this AM before I had my morning Joe.

I am really excited for this coming season and next. I think we have something really special brewing here.

Also, I have never been higher on a recruit than I am on Moustapha Diagne. This kid is going to surprise.

I agree that if there is in fact a silent verbal that it would most likely be the local kid Bryant rather than Jones.

I wonder if the "loud" verbal would come in time for the early signing period or not until spring ?

However, I have to take exception to Jimmy's comment ""I will tell you that next year's recruiting class will be the best that we've ever had here at Syracuse University. That's next year's class — 2015." No way is this the best ever class unless the silent verbal is LeBron coming to college.

How could this class be better than the Coleman class:

DC - #1 overall recruit
Thompson - concencus Top Ten kid
Duncan - concensus Top Twenty kid
Hughes - Top 50 kid
and Matt Roe to provide the icing.

Not to mention the Melo class.

I could also get into other classes that look as good as this one does - not to say that this will not be a terrific class. IMHO, the key to the effectiveness of the incoming class will be if we can get 2+ productive seasons out of everybody.

However, Jimmy's comment definitely leaves us excited and looking forward to the future even more than I was this AM before I had my morning Joe.

Either it's just Jim being Jim or he thinks we have some recruits in that class that are largely underrated right now.

"I will tell you that next year's recruiting class will be the best that we've ever had here at Syracuse University. That's next year's class — 2015. We've got four guys (who've committed) and we're getting another, but I can't talk about that. It's going to be a great recruiting class, and I think you'll be excited about the future."

http://www.syracuse.com/poliquin/in...class_is_his_best_ever_do_y.html#incart_river

It's nice to hear JB's confidence, it's shaping up to be a monster class. I assume Thomas Bryant will be the 5th signing? Any other guesses?
My jaded takeaway re: JB pumping up 2015 is that he's more worried than usual about this year.

I love when this place goes viral. Good viral I mean of course. ;)
Also, "Silent" Verbal is a great title. Really makes you think. :eek:
:)

It's the ESPN school of headlines. Add a question mark and you can get away with pretty much anything.

My jaded takeaway re: JB pumping up 2015 is that he's more worried than usual about this year.

Could definitely be a rough year on the hill for bball. Losing Grant or Ennis would have been OK losing both is a crushing loss. Have to hope Roberson and BJ can take that next step and that Cooney can be much more consistent. We will also need big time performances from the 2 new frosh and hopefully a healthy DC. If DC cant go and the frosh struggle a little bit its going to be a long year.

Could definitely be a rough year on the hill for bball. Losing Grant or Ennis would have been OK losing both is a crushing loss. Have to hope Roberson and BJ can take that next step and that Cooney can be much more consistent. We will also need big time performances from the 2 new frosh and hopefully a healthy DC. If DC cant go and the frosh struggle a little bit its going to be a long year.

Call me crazy but I am excited about Kaleb and Chris this year as well as about the progress our returning players will show and I think we will perform admirably.

Call me crazy but I am excited about Kaleb and Chris this year as well as about the progress our returning players will show and I think we will perform admirably.

Nothing wrong with being excited for this years team and the new frosh. I certainly expect Syracuse to hold its own as we always do but with all the losses and only a 2 man recruiting classes im being realistic in what to expect this season.

scottynguyen said:
I've kind of operated under the assumption that unless something goes terribly wrong, McCullough is coming to SU with one foot already out the door.

I'll trade Bryant for McCullough in a second.

Nothing wrong with being excited for this years team and the new frosh. I certainly expect Syracuse to hold its own as we always do but with all the losses and only a 2 man recruiting classes im being realistic in what to expect this season.
well, we do have almost all of last year's class that we barely saw to fold in. It feels like the rest of the top teams in the country do just fine with freshmen and sophs playing major roles so i don't have lower expectations for us. hopefully our "down" year still nets out to top-20...and it will be nice to see us have our growing pains early vs late!

Welp... I'm too excited to get anything accomplished right now.
excited_zps89e67d8a.gif

Last edited:
well, we do have almost all of last year's class that we barely saw to fold in. It feels like the rest of the top teams in the country do just fine with freshmen and sophs playing major roles so i don't have lower expectations for us. hopefully our "down" year still nets out to top-20...and it will be nice to see us have our growing pains early vs late!

If last years class can take that next step then the sky is the limit for this years team. Guys like BJ, Roberson, Chino, even Patterson all should have some opportunities to shine especially BJ and Roberson.

Im willing to wager all me tee's that we're all unaware just how good mccullough really is. I know there are some red flags but i dont see this kid flopping or disappointing. Plus we got a dope point guard coming in

RE: " and we're getting another, but I can't talk about that. "

Boy, that's sure a tantalizing thing to say! It's got to be Bryant. Someone is either transferring (maybe Paterson) or Coleman's knee injuries are career ending. Wow, that's a huge comment.