Class of 2016 - Simple yes or no is our staff recruiting anyone for 2016 beyond Thompson? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 Simple yes or no is our staff recruiting anyone for 2016 beyond Thompson?

Alsacs

Living Legend
If yes then I don't need info I will just wait and see.
If no then I seriously question the staff's mindset.

Note: I am neither right or wrong just expressing my personal opinion.

Alsacs - there are people in this world that do know what they are doing - and when it comes to basketball, JB is one of them.
If you are seriously questioning the staffs mindset I suggest you need to re-evaluate your perspective.
JB is not infallible, but it is silly to expect magic from him. We will have a good team this year whether or not we add another player.

Alsacs - there are people in this world that do know what they are doing - and when it comes to basketball, JB is one of them.
If you are seriously questioning the staffs mindset I suggest you need to re-evaluate your perspective.
JB is not infallible, but it is silly to expect magic from him. We will have a good team this year whether or not we add another player.
We have 8 scholarship players next year.

Fr.- Battle, Moyer
Soph,- Lydon, Howard, Chukwu
Jr.- 0
Sr. Roberson, Coleman, Gillon

We are going to lose 3 Seniors and likely Battle and possibly Lydon as well.

That leaves 3 scholarship players for 2017. Sorry if I look at that and say filing 8 spot for next year is going to be really hard. This staff should have tried a lot harder to get a transfer for this year to be ready for 2017.
Look at that roster management. No Juniors, 3 Seniors and we are likely losing 2 more early entries.

Are we going to beat Duke, Kentucky for these 1 and dones next year?

Yes. Absolutely. Some things need to break our way. I too feel that while we have strong potential next year, we are missing something. Obviously, most would say a wing scorer/shooter. Fill that hole and I think we have great potential again. I like that the coaches are playing the free agent market. Think we have been reluctant to do that some years.

We have 8 scholarship players next year.

Fr.- Battle, Moyer
Soph,- Lydon, Howard, Chukwu
Jr.- 0
Sr. Roberson, Coleman, Gillon

We are going to lose 3 Seniors and likely Battle and possibly Lydon as well.

That leaves 3 scholarship players for 2017. Sorry if I look at that and say filing 8 spot for next year is going to be really hard. This staff should have tried a lot harder to get a transfer for this year to be ready for 2017.
Look at that roster management. No Juniors, 3 Seniors and we are likely losing 2 more early entries.

Are we going to beat Duke, Kentucky for these 1 and dones next year?
this is all true and yet we will still somehow field a competitive team in 2017.
If you don't think Mike Hopkins is aware of this, I don't know what to tell you. It's his career on the line.

jr4750 said:
Yes. Absolutely. Some things need to break our way. I too feel that while we have strong potential next year, we are missing something. Obviously, most would say a wing scorer/shooter. Fill that hole and I think we have great potential again. I like that the coaches are playing the free agent market. Think we have been reluctant to do that some years.

First of all, Taurean Thompson is a very important recruit. He may be our best forward for the 2017-18 season. That said, I'm showing the coaching staff currently has 13 open offers for 2017:

Verbal Commits

Trevon Duval
Quade Green

Hamidou Daillo
Lonnie Walker
Ethan Thompson
Brandon Randolph
Alex O'Connell

Kevin Knox
Jordon Tucker
Hameir Wright

Mohamed Bamba

Nicholas 'Nick' Richards
Bourama Sidibe

It seems to me that's a good start.

First of all, Taurean Thompson is a very important recruit. He may be our best forward for the 2017-18 season. That said, I'm showing the coaching staff currently has 13 open offers for 2017:

Verbal Commits

Trevon Duval
Quade Green

Hamidou Daillo
Lonnie Walker
Ethan Thompson
Brandon Randolph
Alex O'Connell

Kevin Knox
Jordon Tucker
Hameir Wright

Mohamed Bamba

Nicholas 'Nick' Richards
Bourama Sidibe

It is good we are recruiting 13 guys for 2017 but I doubt we will get 8 commits. As these kids will know that atleast a few of them will sit and also we will be crazy young.
We could use a transfer for 2017 badly. A guy who could sit this year and learn the system.

It is good we are recruiting 13 guys for 2017 but I doubt we will get 8 commits. As these kids will know that atleast a few of them will sit and also we will be crazy young.
We could use a transfer for 2017 badly. A guy who could sit this year and learn the system.

Yes, we will need good players. I think the staff is working extra hard on recruiting precisely because we have so many players leaving and potentially leaving after the 2016-17 season.

Here's another good site for tracking Orange BB recruiting (they have a really good filter function):

2017 Syracuse Basketball Recruiting Prospects

Verbal Commits

Trevon Duval
Quade Green

Hamidou Daillo
Lonnie Walker
Ethan Thompson
Brandon Randolph
Alex O'Connell

Kevin Knox
Jordon Tucker
Hameir Wright

Mohamed Bamba

Nicholas 'Nick' Richards
Bourama Sidibe

Don't forget Diagne.

Yes, we will need good players. I think the staff is working extra hard on recruiting precisely because we have so many players leaving and potentially leaving after the 2016-17 season.

Here's another good site for tracking Orange BB recruiting (they have a really good filter function):

2017 Syracuse Basketball Recruiting Prospects
With all the free and up to date goodies that fans can get here on the bball recruiting side. I dunno how anybody would need to hit another website to track recruiting. Especially from the jokers across the street.Oh Lord

With all the free and up to date goodies that fans can get here on the bball recruiting side. I dunno how anybody would need to hit another website to track recruiting. Especially from the jokers across the street.Oh Lord

Yeah, not sure how anyone can follow Sigel/McCallister and come up with the conclusion they know more than you, Jake or even some others here...

How many times do they need to be wrong before people stop paying attention to them..

You must be pretty close to having enough material for episode 15. I check practically every day!

PodOmatic | Podcast - Otto's World Podcast

You must be pretty close to having enough material for episode 15. I check practically every day!

PodOmatic | Podcast - Otto's World Podcast
New pod coming early next week.
images.jpeg