Sitting in a bar in alaska | Syracusefan.com

Sitting in a bar in alaska

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
Talking to my buddy about me maybe moving to Syracuse, and an out of towner says "I hate Syracuse more than any college in the world"

I take a pull of my jack, and say "what's your beef with SU, pal?"

Turns out he played lax at UNC in the early 90s. Lost to SU in the championships in 93 (I think... Gait was playing)

Had some cool stories. He ended up winning a title his junior year

Small world

Having trouble finding a 1993 roster, his first name was Burt

Bart Moffatt was one tough defenseman. Pretty sure he was on their championship team of 1991. Those Carolina teams were stacked with talent, too bad Dave Klarmann was a subpar coach with a massive ego. Klarmann is one of the main reasons they have not been to a final four in twenty years.

Bart Moffatt was one tough defenseman. Pretty sure he was on their championship team of 1991. Those Carolina teams were stacked with talent, too bad Dave Klarmann was a subpar coach with a massive ego. Klarmann is one of the main reasons they have not been to a final four in twenty years.
He had a bookend career vs. SU--lost in the finals to the Orange his freshman and senior years. Beat SU in the semis (at the Dome) as a soph in '91.

My man. Thanks.

I had forgotten his name when we met (I do that a lot) and tried to read his signature on his bar receipt.

Bart Moffart was the guy I met.

He said the carrier dome sucks for lacrosse, because the lighting is so bad.
If you go to his Facebook page he has posted some nice photos from Alaska. Not that I was stalking his Facebook page, but some people put their entire lives out there for all the nosy nellies of the world. I guess he has never heard of security settings.

I would have booted the third leg on his barstool and then say to him to look at your no show college degree from UNC and all it got you was a job up in Alaska filling chum bags...

yes, I know I can be an a$$hole, but no one talks down Syracuse

"I was sitting in a bar in a Alaska and a polar bear , a penguin and a Duke fan walked ..... ", Can CuseTroop come up with the punchline for this joke , or anyone?

"I was sitting in a bar in a Alaska and a polar bear , a penguin and a Duke player walked ... ", Can CuseTroop come up with the punchline for this joke , or anyone?

They were talking about the best way to jump into the water. The penguin says "I just do a short shallow dive and I'm off, I've been doing it for years". The polar bears says "I have never been a good diver. I have always just done a cannon ball of sorts. I've been doing it for years as well." The Duke player says " Man I can't do either the dive or the cannon ball but there is this great move that all my friends back at school use but we don't want anyone to use our technique." The polar bear and the penguin are totally intrigued and ask "Tell us what it's called." The Duke player says " Well we have been doing it for years and it's called the flop"

Last edited: