Size of OL | Syracusefan.com

Size of OL

OrangePA

Hall of Fame
Dino has signed four OL recruits who stand 6' 7," 6' 7," 6' 6" and 6' 5"

I'm not sure I remember us ever getting that much height in a single class.

Last year's O-Line signees were 6'6", 6'6", 6'5", 6'4", and 6'4" and every said the same thing.

I like that trend. Now, if only they can bulk up w/o losing quickness, we've got potentially solid OL's for the next few years.

Last year's O-Line signees were 6'6", 6'6", 6'5", 6'4", and 6'4" and every said the same thing.
yeah and as far as we know from the old staff is that they are good. Conway played, I heard alot of great things about Adams and Bryne. Ive been around Clausman. He's about 6'3. Sounds like we can get excited about the last two O line classes. Overall size of O line is taller and leaner. Heckel is the smallest out of 2016 and he is huge. I was at the practice when he took his unofficial. The kid towered over me.

Dino has signed four OL recruits who stand 6' 7," 6' 7," 6' 6" and 6' 5"

I'm not sure I remember us ever getting that much height in a single class.

So the next question to answer - with linemen being that tall you cannot be a 6' or less QB or you will be handicapped due to blocked sight lines. I think a minimum height for a QB has to be 6'3" but preferably 6'5" right? I wonder if that's why we cooled on the QB recruit that signed with LSU as I thought he was under 6'0"?

So the next question to answer - with linemen being that tall you cannot be a 6' or less QB or you will be handicapped due to blocked sight lines. I think a minimum height for a QB has to be 6'3" but preferably 6'5" right? I wonder if that's why we cooled on the QB recruit that signed with LSU as I thought he was under 6'0"?
BGSU has some 6'5" and taller lineman, QB was 6'0" and had no issues.

BGSU has some 6'5" and taller lineman, QB was 6'0" and had no issues.
O-Linemen don't appear as tall when they are getting ugly with opposing D-Linemen. Not that Doug Flutie could play behind these guys but we don't need a forward to play QB.

O-Linemen don't appear as tall when they are getting ugly with opposing D-Linemen. Not that Doug Flutie could play behind these guys but we don't need a forward to play QB.
They are too busy playing center in the 2/3 zone anyway.

What would Eddie LeBaron think?

03lebaron-1-obit-blog427.jpg

(That's Big Daddy Lipscomb in the background)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom