Sizing up the ACC 2014-2015 season | Syracusefan.com

Sizing up the ACC 2014-2015 season

rstone7727

All Conference
After studying verbalcommits.com, I decided to rate all teams on scale of 1-5* All in all, I think the AC will be horribly weak this year as only a handful of teams had decent recruiting... We should easily be able to go 14-4 in conf... I think we lose both Duke games, at home to Ville and on the road to UNC - That's it. And this is due to the conference's lack of decent teams this year. The only teams to make the tourney will be SU, Duke, UL, UNC and Virginia... Am I wrong?

Teams rated on scale of 1-5* based on info gathered from:
http://verbalcommits.com/conferences/acc

Boston College – 1* Weaknesses: Depth, SF, PF, C. Will fight to stay out of the cellar this year.

Clemson – 2* Weaknesses: PG, SF, PF, C.

Duke 5* Weaknesses: None, they can put 5* at every position except PF where they are stuck with Amile Jefferson 4.3*

Florida St – 2* Weaknesses: PG, SF, PF.

Georgia Tech – 3* Weaknesses: PG, C. Loss of Poole and Carter will hurt but overall not too bad talent wise.

Louisville – 4* Weaknesses: SF. Blackshear or Gill may need to play some SF depending on how Frosh Shaqquan Aaron does.

Miami – 2* Weaknesses: SF, PF, C. Devon Reed needs to play SF rather than SG.

NC State - 3.5* Weaknesses: PG, SF, PF, C. Relying on Frosh at SF.

UNC – 5* Weaknesses: SG. One of the Frosh (Berry, Jackson or Pinson) will need to play SG if possible.

ND – 2* Weaknesses: Depth, PF, C. Auguste will need to play C which will leave a hole at PF. This team needs more players.

Pitt – 2* Weaknesses: SG, SF, PF, C. Team will struggle with no notable recruits coming in.

SU – 4* Weaknesses: PG. Gbinije needs to play PG/SG and Roberson needs to play SF. If Coleman cannot go overall depth will be an issue.

Virginia – 4* Weaknesses: PF, C. Big bodies just not there.

VT – 1* Weaknesses: Depth, PG, SF, PF, C. My pick for last place in the ACC.

Wake Forrest – 1.5* Weaknesses: Depth, SG, SF, PF, C. Photofinish with VT/BC for last place.

Last edited:
After studying verbalcommits.com, I decided to rate all teams on scale of 1-5* All in all, I think the AC will be horribly weak this year as only a handful of teams had decent recruiting... We should easily be able to go 14-4 in conf... I think we lose both Duke games, at home to Ville and on the road to UNC - That's it. And this is due to the conference's lack of decent teams this year. The only teams to make the tourney will be SU, Duke, UL, UNC and Virginia... Am I wrong?

Teams rated on scale of 1-5* based on info gathered from:
http://verbalcommits.com/conferences/acc

Boston College – 1* Weaknesses: Depth, SF, PF, C. Will fight to stay out of the cellar this year.

Clemson – 2* Weaknesses: PG, SF, PF, C.

Duke 5* Weaknesses: None, they can put 5* at every position except PF where they are stuck with Amile Jefferson 4.3*

Florida St – 2* Weaknesses: PG, SF, PF.

Georgia Tech – 3* Weaknesses: PG, C. Loss of Poole and Carter will hurt but overall not too bad talent wise.

Louisville – 4* Weaknesses: SF. Blackshear or Gill may need to play some SF depending on how Frosh Shaqquan Aaron does.

Miami – 2* Weaknesses: SF, PF, C. Devon Reed needs to play SF rather than SG.

NC State - 3.5* Weaknesses: PG, SF, PF, C. Relying on Frosh at SF.

UNC – 5* Weaknesses: SG. One of the Frosh (Berry, Jackson or Pinson) will need to play SG if possible.

ND – 2* Weaknesses: Depth, PF, C. Auguste will need to play C which will leave a hole at PF. This team needs more players.

Pitt – 2* Weaknesses: SG, SF, PF, C. Team will struggle with no notable recruits coming in.

SU – 4* Weaknesses: PG. Gbinije needs to play PG/SG and Roberson needs to play SF. If Coleman cannot go overall depth will be an issue.

Virginia – 4* Weaknesses: PF, C. Big bodies just not there.

VT – 1* Weaknesses: Depth, PG, SF, PF, C. My pick for last place in the ACC.

Wake Forrest – 1.5* Weaknesses: Depth, SG, SF, PF, C. Photofinish with VT/BC for last place.

There will be upsets because of great play and there will be losses because of bad games. But your assessment is pretty good based on recruiting ranking.

Upper classmen can sometimes make vast improvements between years. It's hard to believe Russ Smitth was a 3-star recruit. And U-Conn won a NC with Boatright and Napier. It's hard to predict which team is going to have vastly improved players from the previous season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom