Slightly OT: Scheduling Alabama and Georgia | Syracusefan.com

Slightly OT: Scheduling Alabama and Georgia

jr4750

All American
Did anyone else see Saban going crazy today about the question on playing Charleston Southern this week? How weak it looks. That vaunted SEC, scheduling guaranteed wins for themselves, which I understand given their built in conference schedule. Just kinda wish we would do the same thing.

Here's three games that Alabama and Georgia played this year.

Bama:
Charleston Southern
Middle Tennessee
Louisiana-Monroe

Georgia:
Louisiana-Monroe
Southern University
Georgia Southern

It's becoming more apparent we need to schedule way down in the OOC as the only metric that matters to most is W-L and nobody considers our Top 25 SOS in considering some of our struggles this year.

With FSU and Clemson each year and another factory P5 the built in 3 losses no longer make sense. Means we have to go 7-2 in our other 9 to get to 7-5 and how often is that going to happen in the next 5 years?

The double-edged sword is fans aren't going to come for the no name teams so your somewhat stuck in a losing situation no matter what you do.

The short term help would be the SEC formula tho.

It's becoming more apparent we need to schedule way down in the OOC as the only metric that matters to most is W-L and nobody considers our Top 25 SOS in considering some of our struggles this year.

With FSU and Clemson each year and another factory P5 the built in 3 losses no longer make sense. Means we have to go 7-2 in our other 9 to get to 7-5 and how often is that going to happen in the next 5 years?

The double-edged sword is fans aren't going to come for the no name teams so your somewhat stuck in a losing situation no matter what you do.

The short term help would be the SEC formula tho.

The fans don't show up anyways. I say pad it

Middle Tennessee is not a bad C-USA team. This year's Orangemen would have their hands full, like they did against CMU.

SU has been able to get some schools to agree to a 2-for-1. In the south one tends to see pay-for-play games. I'd like to see a 2-for-1 with Georgia State as well as FIU & FAU. And, by all means, avoid GA Southern!!

Last edited:
I don't think Bama has to apologize to anyone. They have played the third toughest schedule in the country so far this year, and have 6 Top 30 wins (nobody else has more than 3). They also play an elite non-conference team every single year opening weekend, this year was Wisconsin.

OrangeCrush22 said:
Georgia Southern is really good. They would steamroll us.
lol sure bud bet they don't play Clemson within one score late in 4th

Real Time RPI:

Georgia Southern 47

Middle Tennessee State 79

Charleston Southern 95

Syracuse 105

Louisiana Monroe 145

Southern 177

OrangeCrush22 said:
Georgia Southern is really good. They would steamroll us.

For sure . Ga Southern is the real deal. They're a better, more athletic Navy

Real Time RPI:

Georgia Southern 47

Middle Tennessee State 79

Charleston Southern 95

Syracuse 105

Louisiana Monroe 145

Southern 177

Bama and Georgia should schedule us I guess

Middle Tennessee is not a bad C-USA team. This year's Orangemen would have their hands full, like they did against CMU.

We didn't have our hands full until Dungey went out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom