Slow board... | Syracusefan.com

Slow board...

SUintheVille

Former 'Blue Light Special' Announcer
Gosh, it sure has been slow on this board thru the summer. Typical though. Now that practice is only a month away, assuming it will pick up very soon. Looking forward to some good threads and respectful banter again. Guess everyone's hanging on the football board for now.

It's because Syracuse is a football school.

Slow ???? - I would say somewhere between comatose & flat out dead.

Ah, for the days of M v Z.

I'm sure Tristy would liven things up around here if given the chance.

On second thought...

Gosh, it sure has been slow on this board thru the summer. Typical though. Now that practice is only a month away, assuming it will pick up very soon. Looking forward to some good threads and respectful banter again. Guess everyone's hanging on the football board for now.
No news is good news, right?

My days of spending 8 hours a day on this board have come to an end... at least for a few months... Gotta earn that pay check I suppose.

First time I've ever wished for a "dislike" button for one of your posts. Still waiting for your damn tailgate/golf recap. Slacker.

First time I've ever wished for a "dislike" button for one of your posts. Still waiting for your damn tailgate/golf recap. Slacker.

I posted a quick one at the bottom of your post on Tuesday. With being swamped all day, working late, and trying to get my house set up for winter, I havent even had time to drink... Ok, I might have squeezed in some time for a couple jack and cokes last night.

Hey, have they posted team photos yet?

O
Not sure where he is, but I'm fairly certain that wherever it is, there's copious amounts of peanut butter, domestic animals, and CuseTroop involved.
I don't like peanut butter... The other two are hardly tolerable.

In reality I've been having fun with a golf ball, a rubber hose and your sister... And I gotta say... Does that talent run in the family???

Jk cool out.

O
I don't like peanut butter... The other two are hardly tolerable.

In reality I've been having fun with a golf ball, a rubber hose and your sister... And I gotta say... Does that talent run in the family???

Jk cool out.

dude, you tried to kiss me like 3 times while I was home.

I think some of it is could be we all have around the same expectations, unlike past years.

Rak will be like Rak last year Cooney like Cooney last year will either extend their offensive game? Most think maybe alittle but alot is a longshot. Chris McCullough is already one and done. Joseph will be some kind of a leader and a iso go to guy maybe team captain(great personallity) . Ron Patterson will have to fight hard to get any minutes. We may have slumps early but will put it together late. I think 90% of the board agrees with those.

I think the biggest questions are
how many minutes for dajuan.
BJ and Roberson were so raw last year we have talked about their range.
How will Obokoh do, especially if Dajuan isn't ready?
Was Gbinije like a freshmen Cooney, most think he won't get to much better. Stiff iffy if hes better at guard or forward or it depends on circumstance.

I think this team could be linked to a team like 10-11 rick senior year, but will have more ready players for depth and still some seniority in cooney, rak, gbinije, dajuan.

Last edited:
The one thing that will be certain about this years team is uncertainty and fluid expectations until the season unfolds enough to get a feel for who can do what and who plays well with who. I think that fact will make for a very exciting year and I feel a lot of people will be surprised by this team as we head toward the end of the season. There is a lot of talent and I'm certain that JB will, with time, get this group to coalesce into a formidable team. I also like the fact that we will be flying under the radar a little bit, early on which will help to alleviate unreasonable expectations for this team.

I'm expecting a really enjoyable upcoming season which will unfold with many surprising contributions from players as they as individuals and as a team find their identity. It will be interesting to see which players really step and take advantage of the opportunity to carve out a valuable role for the team.

I think some of it is could be we all have around the same expectations, unlike past years.

Rak will be like Rak last year Cooney like Cooney last year will either extend their offensive game? Most think maybe alittle but alot is a longshot. Chris McCullough is already one and done. Joseph will be some kind of a leader and a iso go to guy maybe team captain(great personallity) . Ron Patterson will have to fight hard to get any minutes. We may have slumps early but will put it together late. I think 90% of the board agrees with those.

Was Gbinije like a freshmen Cooney, most think he won't get to much better. Stiff iffy if hes better at guard or forward or it depends on circumstance.

I think this team could be linked to a team like 11-12 rick senior year, but will have more ready players for depth and still some seniority in cooney, rak, gbinije, dajuan.

We may have slumps early but will put it together late. I think 90% of the board agrees with those.

Too often we start hot and slump late, as if its our destiny.

I think this team could be linked to a team like 11-12 rick senior year, but will have more ready players for depth and still some seniority in cooney, rak, gbinije, dajuan.
Not a bad breakdown but forget Joseph being captain. You didn't give Roberson near enough credit for what he will do this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom