Slow board... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Slow board...

O
I don't like peanut butter... The other two are hardly tolerable.

In reality I've been having fun with a golf ball, a rubber hose and your sister... And I gotta say... Does that talent run in the family???

Jk cool out.

Who said anything about you liking the peanut butter?

But anyway, the answer to your question is yes.

Cooney will be more consistent throughout the year this year. I think we will see substantial improvement from him. His conditioning will be better this year and he will not wear down.

Mike G will have more confidence and show improvement this year as well.

XMas - he'll continue to increase his "interested minutes" to "disinterested minutes" ratio on the offensive end. He has shown flashes each year, and more of them as time goes by. I think there will be incremental improvement.

I think all three of those players will have very solid years. I see Cooney making an all-conference team this year (maybe not first team, but one of the teams).

The huge question, and really the only question is: who is our stud go-to guy? I have high confidence in Trevor, but I don't think he is that guy right now. McCullough would seem to have a real shot at this, but I don't know enough about him to predict that. Roberson also has a chance, his development will be the most important factor going into next year. If he comes out with high confidence and a little aggression and polish on offense, we could have a really nice year.

Overall, I am optimistic across the board with a slight amount of dread in terms of backup center minutes. I'm not expecting Coleman to play this year (gut feel) and I have no idea how competent the others will be.

Cooney will be more consistent throughout the year this year. I think we will see substantial improvement from him. His conditioning will be better this year and he will not wear down.

XMas - he'll continue to increase his "interested minutes" to "disinterested minutes" ratio on the offensive end. He has shown flashes each year, and more of them as time goes by. I think there will be incremental improvement.

I think all three of those players will have very solid years. I see Cooney making an all-conference team this year (maybe not first team, but one of the teams).

The huge question, and really the only question is: who is our stud go-to guy? I have high confidence in Trevor, but I don't think he is that guy right now. McCullough would seem to have a real shot at this, but I don't know enough about him to predict that. Roberson also has a chance, his development will be the most important factor going into next year. If he comes out with high confidence and a little aggression and polish on offense, we could have a really nice year.

Overall, I am optimistic across the board with a slight amount of dread in terms of backup center minutes. I'm not expecting Coleman to play this year (gut feel) and I have no idea how competent the others will be.
This pretty much matches how I'm feeling right now, including the gut felling about DC2

I think if Cooney understands that getting to the free throw line is a good thing, he could be a monster. Defenders jump at him when he gets the ball. The defense acts like he's Steph Curry when he gets the ball. He could live at the foul line, if he pump faked and let those guys land on him while hoisting a three. He so badly wants a clean look, that he seldom tries to do the draw-a-foul move.

I think if Cooney understands that getting to the free throw line is a good thing, he could be a monster. Defenders jump at him when he gets the ball. The defense acts like he's Steph Curry when he gets the ball. He could live at the foul line, if he pump faked and let those guys land on him while hoisting a three. He so badly wants a clean look, that he seldom tries to do the draw-a-foul move.
This post is pure gold, plain and simple. Put the ball on the floor young man. His handle was so much better last year. Don't remember him fumbling around last year with plenty more run. Keep them guessing, TC!
Pa.
Pow.

Good post. I'm on board with most of that but hope you're wrong about Coleman.

I see this team as being quite balanced scoring-wise and being very good right out of the starting gate. As the schedule gets more challenging there will be the inevitable rough stretch (in terms of wins and losses), but come March this will be a dangerous team, and a deep run (Elite 8 or better) would not shock me.

This post is pure gold, plain and simple. Put the ball on the floor young man. His handle was so much better last year. Don't remember him fumbling around last year with plenty more run. Keep them guessing, TC!
Pa.
Pow.

Tee, you are so right. When he can keep them guessing on whether he will go up for the three or blow by them, he will get way more open looks. Give him some space and he will toss the dagger, stick him close and he will be past them for the lay up or dump off. Well hello, Mr. Xmas!!

Tee, you are so right. When he can keep them guessing on whether he will go up for the three or blow by them, he will get way more open looks. Give him some space and he will toss the dagger, stick him close and he will be past them for the lay up or dump off. Well hello, Mr. Xmas!!
Hello! :)
And yeah, it's always Xmas time at Cuse.

It's because Syracuse is a football school.

Hmm. We are a football school? Enlighten me. Of the 100 or so players on the current team, is there a single one rated higher nationally than 3 stars?

It is football season.

This is why I stopped caring for Basketball a long time ago, bunch of Basketball onlys started to piss me off so I became a football only. Sad it is so divided... Whatever
Hmm. We are a football school? Enlighten me. Of the 100 or so players on the current team, is there a single one rated higher nationally than 3 stars?
^ 2-0. Take that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom