Class of 2016 - So are we at a net positive yet? | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 So are we at a net positive yet?

Since babers and crew took over?
Absolutely...I love that we're stocking up with the big uglies. Between this year's haul and last year's class we should have a solid 2-deep going forward.

In terms of numbers I'm not sure. $cout has us at 16 recruits, Riv@ls has us at 17, and an SU scouting tweeter has us at 18. I don't know where we're at anymore.

Absolutely...I love that we're stocking up with the big uglies. Between this year's haul and last year's class we should have a solid 2-deep going forward.
Definitely feels like they're playing the long game putting this kind of emphasis on offensive linemen.

In terms of numbers I'm not sure. $cout has us at 16 recruits, Riv@ls has us at 17, and an SU scouting tweeter has us at 18. I don't know where we're at anymore.
I didnt mean numbers rather quality

The last few years we took a ton of skill guys. Fredericks, Phillips, Strickland, Ishmael, Perkins, Womack, Enoicy, Custis, Avant all have two or three years left.

Are they good enough? Good question. But I think next year we'll take a bunch. And with those positions, if they're good enough they'll play right away. Not too concerned.

IMO the staff has done a phenomenal job considering the very short period of time they have had here. Some quality additions, can't wait to see what they can do with a full year. If we can show some good things on the field I think we may pull in a few of the higher rated recruits that we always hope for.

Since babers and crew took over?
Things are on the upswing with solid OL base brought in last year combined with this crew and I am very happy.

What Dino and crew have been able to do in a month is amazing - especially when you look at the quality programs that were already all over the SU targets or who have come in hard after them over the past two weeks. Even the few "sleepers" suddenly weren't sleepers anymore.

If they land 2-4 more of the remaining targets this will be SU's best recruiting class is years - may be anyway. And the best classes over the past decade almost all included classes where many (a few years most) of the best guys never making it to campus or exiting quickly.

Being greedy I still want WRs but that may have to wait to next year.

Still behind Wake Forest, according to Skowt:
http://www.At their request, this n..../college/syracuse/a.z?s=185&p=9&c=14&yr=2016

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 33s34 seconds ago
SU jumps up Scout's rankings with seven new commits. 11th of 14 ACC teams, though lowest star average as of now.

Anyone know how points are established? What's our points ceiling given what we have left open and who we are targeting?

There's still another weekend of OV's still to come, too:

Adrian Killins (UCF Commit)
Marquis Smith
Malik Harrison
Armunz Matthews (USF Commit)
Jerrion Nelson
Drew Beesley (BGSU Decommit)
Josh White

Jumped from 73 to 60. Probably end up in the low to mid 50's which is on par with the last few seasons rankings wise.

Picking up 4 - stars or 3 - stars with a top 50 position ranking is what really jumps up your recruiting ranking points.

Solid class with short time but not going to get into Top 40 this year. If we break into the Top 50 somehow it would be nice.

There's still another weekend of OV's still to come, too:

Adrian Killins (UCF Commit)
Marquis Smith
Malik Harrison
Armunz Matthews (USF Commit)
Jerrion Nelson
Drew Beesley (BGSU Decommit)
Josh White

Killins- looks like his spot was given to Shaw. Doubt we will take another RB
Smith- man I want this kid. Need DBs bad
Harrison- if he wants a spot he gets it. But I doubt he will even visit. Looks like OSU
Matthews- would really like to get this kid too.. Again NEED CBs
Nelson- I don't know if he has a spot left but I hope so
Beesley- spot is gone
White- spot is gone

Louie and Bouie said:
Jumped from 73 to 60. Probably end up in the low to mid 50's which is on par with the last few seasons rankings wise. Picking up 4 - stars or 3 - stars with a top 50 position ranking is what really jumps up your recruiting ranking points. Solid class with short time but not going to get into Top 40 this year. If we break into the Top 50 somehow it would be nice.

This class will be on par with most of our classes over the past decade. BUT, what makes it a good class is it is in a coach transition year. Shafers first class was in the 70s I think and I remember Marrones being in the 100s. So this staffs starting point is much better. With a full year next year is when we should see much better class rankings.

Killins- looks like his spot was given to Shaw. Doubt we will take another RB
Smith- man I want this kid. Need DBs bad
Harrison- if he wants a spot he gets it. But I doubt he will even visit. Looks like OSU
Matthews- would really like to get this kid too.. Again NEED CBs
Nelson- I don't know if he has a spot left but I hope so
Beesley- spot is gone
White- spot is gone
We will take (3) DE this year. With two already committed that leaves one spot. White is the priority. If he doesn't fill the spot, then Beesley will.

Harrison is not coming here.

This class will be on par with most of our classes over the past decade. BUT, what makes it a good class is it is in a coach transition year. Shafers first class was in the 70s I think and I remember Marrones being in the 100s. So this staffs starting point is much better. With a full year next year is when we should see much better class rankings.
Rating number perhaps but SU has been improving winning recruits with better offers (and more offers) and winning recruits closer to being ready to contribute. Far fewer lineman types that need to either lose 25 pounds or gain 40. DBs with the size needed today. More speed everywhere. Last year's class had solid OL and RB/slot guys. This one is covering more bases and regardless of what the final ranking is - this class is moving SU toward bringing in more quality football players and fewer guys that we hope can grow into playing.

We will take (3) DE this year. With two already committed that leaves one spot. White is the priority. If he doesn't fill the spot, then Beesley will.

Harrison is not coming here.
Don't think Beesley is in the picture anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom