So fifteen people predicted Hop would win four games. | Syracusefan.com

So fifteen people predicted Hop would win four games.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Of course that was supposed to be all ACC games. A lot of predictions were fairly conservative but many predicted at least 20 wins. We shall see.

I wasn't one of those fifteen. At the start of the season I think I said 5-4, but then had a more optimistic 6-3 after Atlantis.

Considering our overall lack of size and our talent obviously over-rated early on , in hindsight could we really expect more than 4 wins in that stretch? My disappointment is the fact I saw very little approach difference between Hop and JB. I would have thought there would be some interesting minor changes as a test of Hop's personal ideas.

I wasn't one of those fifteen. At the start of the season I think I said 5-4, but then had a more optimistic 6-3 after Atlantis.

Considering our overall lack of size and our talent obviously over-rated early on , in hindsight could we really expect more than 4 wins in that stretch? My disappointment is the fact I saw very little approach difference between Hop and JB. I would have thought there would be some interesting minor changes as a test of Hop's personal ideas.
The only difference I saw was Hop actually played 8 people against inferior competition. That's about it.

The only difference I saw was Hop actually played 8 people against inferior competition. That's about it.
In Hop's defense, both DC2 and Chino played well against inferior competition, but not as well in prime time.

Come on, he was never going to deviate in this stint from what he thought JB would do.

Come on, he was never going to deviate in this stint from what he thought JB would do.

I agree, it would be like a football coach going from running the ball 50 times a game in Weeks 1-3 and then for Weeks 4-6 passing the ball 50 times, before going back to running the ball for Weeks 7-12.

Had the suspension been the first 9 games of the season, I suspect we would have seen more of Coach Hopkins's own philosophies shine through. But no assistant coach in the world is going to make major changes for 9 games once the season has begun.

I predicted 16-15 overall with a 7-11 ACC record and 3 Hop W's. I'm beginning to think that was overly generous. Yuck. I don't see how this team can go 7-8 in ACC play the rest of the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom