So HAPPY to see 95% of this board,including myself, look like complete IDIOTS | Syracusefan.com

So HAPPY to see 95% of this board,including myself, look like complete IDIOTS

As to the title of the thread, I'd guess youre often happy when logging on here. ;)

:noidea:
You seemed not ecstatic but argumentative on my thread.

I can't help but wonder if being an XX not an XY gives my posts different flavors that confuse the XYs to the degree that some insist I'm an XY, despite my profile picture. (you really think POTUS posts here? VPOTUS definitely might though.)

You seemed not ecstatic but argumentative on my thread.

I can't help but wonder if being an XX not an XY gives my posts different flavors that confuse the XYs to the degree that some insist I'm an XY, despite my profile picture. (you really think POTUS posts here? VPOTUS definitely might though.)

The v-POT-us was an Orangeman, the new POT-us is the Orange Man lol

Who's wrong about what? They played like for six games, and have played well for two. There's nothing wrong with saying they played like and showed no signs of improvement. Because that's the way they played. Period. And we may have stopped the bleeding, but there's a ways to go yet. Miami and Pitt ain't exactly the '73 Knicks.

Funny about the X and Y thing. Your and Iommi's antics led me to end up seeing(and maybe also hearing) some of the most incredible stuff I ever have on YouTube's autoplay(I'm not kidding...I urge anyone who hasn't heard her to check this out!):

Who's wrong about what? They played like for six games, and have played well for two. There's nothing wrong with saying they played like and showed no signs of improvement. Because that's the way they played. Period. And we may have stopped the bleeding, but there's a ways to go yet. Miami and Pitt ain't exactly the '73 Knicks.

Or the John Starks/Patrick Ewing era Knicks, for that matter. ;)

Some people said the loss to BC meant we would not win a single ACC game because BC is the worst team in the league.

That's what frosted my windows before the snow started falling.

Funny about the X and Y thing. Your and Iommi's antics led me to end up seeing(and maybe also hearing) some of the most incredible stuff I ever have on YouTube's autoplay(I'm not kidding...I urge anyone who hasn't heard her to check this out!):

I hate to be a cynic but working 25 years as a court clerk in criminal court can do that to one.

I see she has the fast finger moves and picking style, but in a video it's too easy to do the equivalent of air guitar.

I had a friend who was a classical guitar major at Mannes, then taught in the public schools. I'd like to see her hand this 16 year old an acoustic guitar and watch her play something similar on it.

Then I'll be a believer, Captain J.

So far this thread isn't cutting into that 95% estimate.

We weren't going to go 0-18, but we also had no reason to think we could beat Miami and Pitt back-to-back and by double-digits each. Funny that the odds-makers were right for both games.

Ecstatic seems about right.

Some people said the loss to BC meant we would not win a single ACC game because BC is the worst team in the league.

That's what frosted my windows before the snow started falling.

Fair enough, but it still doesn't change how they played. They were freaking awful. Still, no worries. :)

I hate to be a cynic but working 25 years as a court clerk in criminal court can do that to one.

I see she has the fast finger moves and picking style, but in a video it's too easy to do the equivalent of air guitar.

I had a friend who was a classical guitar major at Mannes, then taught in the public schools. I'd like to see her hand this 16 year old an acoustic guitar and watch her play something similar on it.

Then I'll be a believer, Captain J.

Fair enough, I wondered the same thing at first too. How about before she was 16? :)

EDIT: weird, I wrote that before the "fair enough" post above mine was posted while I was looking for the video...after I had just written about not believing in "coincidence"(in the common usage of the term). And it was about someone's playing ability too, lol.

EDIT 2: If this doesnt convince you, then I guess myself and others are like members of a cult now, or maybe fans who think their team is great? :) At worst, maybe the best air guitar player in the world? But I'm hoping the judges validate it as better.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I wondered the same thing at first too. How about before she was 16? :)

EDIT: weird, I wrote that before the "fair enough" post above mine was posted while I was looking for the video...after I had just written about not believing in "coincidence"(in the common usage of the term). And it was about someone's playing ability too, lol.

EDIT 2: If this doesnt convince you, then I guess myself and others are like members of a cult now, or maybe fans who think their team is great? :)

Fair enough. But when you play that well what does gender have to do with it --which may be your point.

Fair enough. But when you play that well what does gender have to do with it --which may be your point.

Yes indeed, back in the original post when I added the "heard" after the "seen". I was trying to show NYC i was on the same page as her X/Y rant by coincidence today, after her and Iommi's antics led me down this YouTube rabbit hole of awesomeness and surprises. Heard Eddie Van Halen do an awesome 80's "Eruption" solo. It's all NYC/Iommi's fault, too. :) Their bickering made me a happy camper.

Speaking of my shouting out names today(like Boeheim and CuseHulk), I just added "Delmar!". It was a whisper shout, if that's ok.

I hope to be to posting what these performers are to guitar, though I fantasize my equivalent would be closer to Syd Barrett or Jimi Hendrix(or these gender neutral performers covering them), than Randy Rhoads or Eddie Van Halen.

Delmar, while I'm at it, this Tina S was doing it at age 16 and younger too, if we want to add age in as a divisive factor. That's pretty amazing in my book to hear anyone that young imitating the all time greats!! The only thing that's missing now is getting a different species to do it...like a LeMoyne Dolphin.

Last edited:
Speaking of my shouting out names today(like Boeheim and CuseHulk), I just added "Delmar!". It was a whisper shout, if that's ok.

Fair enough.

EDIT 2: If this doesnt convince you, then I guess myself and others are like members of a cult now, or maybe fans who think their team is great? :) At worst, maybe the best air guitar player in the world? But I'm hoping the judges validate it as better.

I was just watching the video very contentedly, not moving anything, when a damn ad for some app broke my concentration on her guitar wizardry.

Check your messages please and let's get the proverbial room somewhere a freaking ad won't disturb me out of nowhere please.

I was just watching the video very contentedly, not moving anything, when a damn ad for some app broke my concentration on her guitar wizardry.

Check your messages please and let's get the proverbial room somewhere a freaking ad won't disturb me out of nowhere please.

I just realized it might be your browser, because YouTube hadn't given me an ad all day(not that I listened the entire day, but I did a good chunk of it!). Do you not have adblockplus(tm) installed? ;) (this site chides me for it, faithfully, each time I arrive).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom