So incredibly proud of this friggin' team... stats are ABSURD | Syracusefan.com

So incredibly proud of this friggin' team... stats are ABSURD

Rocco

Watching you.
HUGE win... way to keep that momentum going. The stat line for this game is ABSURD, especially against such a stout front 7. It was certainly not a mistake-free game, but they made the plays when they needed them the most. Our passing attack is simply insane. Truly.

Dungey 32-38 434 yards, 3 TD, 54 yards rushing
Amba 10 catches 144 yards, 1 TD (absurd one-handed catch on that 68 yard TD)
Ishmael 8 catches 108 yards, 1 TD (great end zone grab and toe touch)
Estime 5 catches 93 yards
Philips 7 catches, 78 yards, 1 TD, 3 yard rushing TD

So proud of these kids and the staff. This game had *letdown* written all over it, but they worked hard and got the job done. Any day you beat BC is a great day. Enjoy the bye week boys, you deserve it. Get healthy, then go shock the world at Clemson. Just saying.

Ok, just once more because this has become Cuse Football's brand:

;)

The stats are nice, but there is a lot to improve on. Today's game was incredibly ugly. Penalties, turnovers, special teams, the running game still isn't there. With that said, the future is extremely exciting especially with the offense gaining yards the way it is. If we get the running game going and can become more unpredictable by keeping the defense on their toes, it would be an unreal offense.

It's so funny watching other offenses we're playing and thinking, god, that was us for years.

Oh please.

Why do folks insist on challenging our football pedigree.

This is a game we lose under the last couple regime's. We can look at the 16 penalties as a negative, or we can look at like, "despite 16 penalties, we found a way to win."
Now, once our point production is more in line with our offensive yardage, it'll get really, really fun. Like 40+ per game fun!

This is a game we lose under the last couple regime's. We can look at the 16 penalties as a negative, or we can look at like, "despite 16 penalties, we found a way to win."
Now, once our point production is more in line with our offensive yardage, it'll get really, really fun. Like 40+ per game fun!
Yeah I really wasn't trying to be that guy and hated being the negative guy. We definitely have a whole lot to look forward to so strap up because this is just the beginning

Oh please.

Why do folks insist on challenging our football pedigree.

Ok, I'll be honest, I miss the offenses we had under grob and shafer. Those were "special" times.

It was though. You think that's in debate?

Plus, I think he was more thinking "recent" as in Shafer years.

I guess I have been watching Syracuse University Football for too long - I remember the great offenses and the great players - from Little to Csonka to Morris to McPherson to Harrison to McNabb to Reyes to Nassib and even to Eric Dungey last year.

Last edited:
Watch Tulsa on ESPNU right now for a sneak preview of us next year.

I guess I have been watching Syracuse University Football for too long - I remember the great offenses and the great players - from Little to Csonka to Morris to McPherson to Harrison to McNabb to Reyes to Nassib and even to Eric Dungey last year.

Those were great offenses - for their eras. Times change. And we're on the forefront.

I also think he was speaking more to the meathead mentality. When was the last time we had an aggressive offensive HC? Ever?

I LOVED that we could count on Addazzio choosing to punt on 4th down.

Those were great offenses - for their eras. Times change. And we're on the forefront.

I also think he was speaking more to the meathead mentality. When was the last time we had an aggressive offensive HC? Ever?

I LOVED that we could count on Addazzio choosing to punt on 4th down.

Marrone.

See NW circa 2012 as one example.

and Hurley and Monk

I accept your apology for misunderstanding what I was saying....

The stats are nice, but there is a lot to improve on. Today's game was incredibly ugly. Penalties, turnovers, special teams, the running game still isn't there. With that said, the future is extremely exciting especially with the offense gaining yards the way it is. If we get the running game going and can become more unpredictable by keeping the defense on their toes, it would be an unreal offense.
Middle of the OL needs to improve. Strength, hand placement, first step, and stay on their blocks. When that happens...unstoppable.

Exactly, which makes it so exciting. It could be scary for opposing DC's once we're clicking on all cylinders.

Middle of the OL needs to improve. Strength, hand placement, first step, and stay on their blocks. When that happens...unstoppable.

They need more reps. Some of the kids redshirting this year are more in line with what Babers is looking for. Taller, leaner, more athletic.

Ol will become a major strength next year. We should be 2 deep.

Ol will become a major strength next year. We should be 2 deep.

Agreed, and based on how young that unit will be, it makes getting to a bowl game for the 15 extra practices that much more important.

On the flipside, this group has improved significantly in pass pro and held up well against some very good competition. They've struggled in picking up the blitz, but I think they deserve alot of credit for what they've shown in base protection so far. Long view is very optimistic.

On the flipside, this group has improved significantly in pass pro and held up well against some very good competition. They've struggled in picking up the blitz, but I think they deserve alot of credit for what they've shown in base protection so far. Long view is very optimistic.
If we had a solid running back, say someone like Rob Konrad, who could run, catch passes, and was a great blocker, people who blitz would get knocked on their a**. Daryl Johnston fit that description as well.

Last edited:
Agreed, and based on how young that unit will be, it makes getting to a bowl game for the 15 extra practices that much more important.

Love, love our young oline talent! We will be talented and deep the next 3 years. Conway is gonna be a stud, a sunday funday guy;)