So incredibly proud of this friggin' team... stats are ABSURD | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

So incredibly proud of this friggin' team... stats are ABSURD

I'm even wondering what we will look like in two weeks after a bye where the guys will get healthy and have more practice time to correct some flaws. Exciting times for sure.

I'm even wondering what we will look like in two weeks after a bye where the guys will get healthy and have more practice time to correct some flaws. Exciting times for sure.

Exactly... this bye week could not have been in any better spot on the schedule. Get rested and prepped for 2 weeks leading into our biggest game of the year. Shock the world.

I'm so friggin proud of this forum positive attitude with respect to SU FB. It feels good to be able to talk to non fans and they reconize that SU FB is relevant again.

Well said. It's amazing how 2 weeks can change this board. It went from being a hell hole to a glory world. Hilarious.

Can we ask all the idiots that said this is the 'same offense' as last year, to log in to this thread, admit it...and then leave forever???

Thanks in advance.

Who in the hell said that......and what planet are they from?

Agreed, and based on how young that unit will be, it makes getting to a bowl game for the 15 extra practices that much more important.

I hate to nitpik, but it's not 15 practices. It's 30 hours.

In 8 games we have a nationally recognized identity that is spoken of positively on Gameday and in games not involving us. We're almost a "hot up and coming program." Rutgers, BC and UConn are terrible. Penn State being good isn't really harmful to us since they were good to great pretty much any time we've been a top 25 team.

Things are looking up.

It's so funny watching other offenses we're playing and thinking, god, that was us for years.

and way too many on this board were cool with that

In 8 games we have a nationally recognized identity that is spoken of positively on Gameday and in games not involving us. We're almost a "hot up and coming program." Rutgers, BC and UConn are terrible. Penn State being good isn't really harmful to us since

they were good to great pretty much any time we've been a top 25 team.

Things are looking up.

I agree completely, but we need to keep the momentum moving. Against Clemson, we have 2 weeks to prepare and get healthy, so there will be no excuse for lack of preparedness or game plan. I have no doubts here, but just making a point.

Beating Clemson will be a monumental challenge that will see us as heavy underdogs, but I'm more interested to see how competitive we can keep the game. Keep it relatively close into the 2nd half and the fans will be watching very closely. This is very important.

We got the mojo going and this bye week was perfectly timed. Get rested, prepared and go beat them up after they give it their all against FSU this weekend.

I wouldn't say he was aggressive. Too much NFL meathead exp.

Marrone was getting there.

P and D back in the 90s when they had talent. I watched some of that Texas game, they were slinging it all over the place and taking chances everywhere.

I agree completely, but we need to keep the momentum moving. Against Clemson, we have 2 weeks to prepare and get healthy, so there will be no excuse for lack of preparedness or game plan. I have no doubts here, but just making a point.

Beating Clemson will be a monumental challenge that will see us as heavy underdogs, but I'm more interested to see how competitive we can keep the game. Keep it relatively close into the 2nd half and the fans will be watching very closely. This is very important.

We got the mojo going and this bye week was perfectly timed. Get rested, prepared and go beat them up after they give it their all against FSU this weekend.

Clemson is going to be tough. I think the false starts will really kill us with that Death Valley crowd. But like you said, we have two weeks to prepare and clean that up. We also might be catching them off an FSU hangover, and Clemson has played down to it's opponents this year to some extent.

P and D back in the 90s when they had talent. I watched some of that Texas game, they were slinging it all over the place and taking chances everywhere.

Yea, I'd buy that. Unfortunately we have 3 years of being fairly conservative (compared to Babers) before that great year with Nassib. He def had confidence in that teams offense - and rightly so.

Agreed. Believe it or not...Coach D was actually considered an innovator back in the day. I always thought that one of the reasons (among many) Coach P struggled in the end was that Coach D ran out of ideas.

Clemson is going to be tough. I think the false starts will really kill us with that Death Valley crowd. But like you said, we have two weeks to prepare and clean that up. We also might be catching them off an FSU hangover, and Clemson has played down to it's opponents this year to some extent.

The false starts are infuriating, namely McGloster. 16 penalties for 135 yards against Clemson will be damning, let alone almost everyone else on our schedule this year. Not sure what is going on there.

The FSU hangover is legit, however, Dabo knows that Babers brings a passing attack that is very hard to defend. I will expect them to shut down AET, so Ish, Erv and Estime will get their looks.

It's so nice we have 4 legit receiving options. Once Custis is back and some of the younger kids are ready to go, we will have depth for a long time. The current WR commits are ideal for this system as well. I fully expect Babers to go after another 5th yr or JUCO guy this offseason. I hope so at least. Hard to fill that AET void.

The false starts are infuriating, namely McGloster. 16 penalties for 135 yards against Clemson will be damning, let alone almost everyone else on our schedule this year. Not sure what is going on there.

The FSU hangover is legit, however, Dabo knows that Babers brings a passing attack that is very hard to defend. I will expect them to shut down AET, so Ish, Erv and Estime will get their looks.

It's so nice we have 4 legit receiving options. Once Custis is back and some of the younger kids are ready to go, we will have depth for a long time. The current WR commits are ideal for this system as well. I fully expect Babers to go after another 5th yr or JUCO guy this offseason. I hope so at least. Hard to fill that AET void.
I'd feel great if we can get a Taj Smith type JUCO.

hard to tell what the false starts were since several happened while the TV crew was showing things other than the game