So, JB kinda threw Roberson under the bus apparently | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

So, JB kinda threw Roberson under the bus apparently

Our shooting guard is not better then anyone else, and except for 2 games has been bad. Going into the Georgia Tech game 61-164 for a .372 FGPCT, 39-120 for a .325 3 FGPCT 33rebs, 13 ass, 1 blocks, 28 steals, 18 fouls, 8 turnovers in 16 conference games. In the 1st BC, and Notre Dame game he was 19-28, 11-17 for FG and 3 PTFG so the other 14 games 42-136 for a .309, and 28-103 for a .272. Cooney is a hard worker just not a good passer or shooting guard.
13 assists in 16 conference games for a starting SG? I know he doesn't handle the ball much, but yuck.

Not really, but he tried hard. No different from Gbinje, Keita, and Cooney. They all hustled. None looked good though.

Yes, he looked good out there. Good hustle, good movement. He was unselfish. The worst negative play he had was that silly step inbounds. What a great call! He really gained an advantage there!

There were a couple times when he seemed to get in the way on O, but it did not result in anything negative.

If JB blamed Roberson tonight, then I will lose a lot of respect for him. Roberson put up with his quick hook, doghouse BS all season, and put in a great effort tonight.

Jim needs to take a break. He is way out of line and in my opinion is coaching at a very low level the last 6 games. The BC game was without a doubt his worst coaching game in 5 years. At thime i wondered if he wasnt feeling well. Tonight was the same. Senior night coming off a poor performance andyet the kids looked lost. Jim had nothing he was spent and really off his game. I really think that he needs to take a hard look at hanging it up sooner than later if he is going to continue down this path of self loathing and blame. Makes me feel badly for him and for the team. JB isnt pretty at this point. He is starting to look like a clown

If true, it's BS, Roberson looked very good out there.
Out where? The kid is lost. I'm not justifying trashing the kid in post game but he's absolutely correct. This kids not helping this year. Where did he look very good to you?

How can he not know the offense? Anybody can watch a handful of possessions and know what it is. Ennis pounding the ball into the ground while CJ and Cooney run off screens. Set a screen for Ennis and hope someone is open. Big guys get out of the way.

JB saying stuff like this is not a good look.

Roberson is clearly afraid to make a mistake. You can see it. Passes up shots. Very tentative. You can't play like that.

To be fair, the only guys on the team that haven't passed up shots this year is CJ, Cooney, and Christmas (whenever he gets the ball). Everybody else (with the exception of Ennis the past 2 or 3 games) is very hesitant to shoot.

13 assists in 16 conference games for a starting SG? I know he doesn't handle the ball much, but yuck.
That dude has hit too many threes to not be a good shooter. Seems more like a head case in confidence. This team needs a dion swagger

The Wire gets you an automatic like from me.

Liking The Wire gets you an automatic like from me. I miss that show and seeing more mentions of it on here.

This is a bold statement, but if Roberson got legit playing time he'd be this team's best player.

Isn't it LITERALLY Jim's job to make sure he knows the offense and defense? Let's not put all the blame on a kid out there working his tail off when he does actually get minutes.

Also the point is, I hate the fact he said this. Call him into the office and have a chat. Don't go on your press conference after his first start and basically say he sucks to the media.

Very improper of JB to do that. Praise publicly (which JB doesn't show during games), and admonish privately (which JB does all the time during games, and now during pressers). This behavior must stop, or if I was JB's boss, I'd stop it for him. Immediately.

I'm sorry, but JB is taking a nosedive here these last few games, on and off the court. And when JB takes a nosedive, that's some serious nose to be diving.

once certainty of public life: people will give you shjt for not giving direct answers to direct questions, until you do so, then they give you shjt for that
There's being direct, and there's being uncouth. Big difference.

Jim needs to take a break. He is way out of line and in my opinion is coaching at a very low level the last 6 games. The BC game was without a doubt his worst coaching game in 5 years. At thime i wondered if he wasnt feeling well. Tonight was the same. Senior night coming off a poor performance andyet the kids looked lost. Jim had nothing he was spent and really off his game. I really think that he needs to take a hard look at hanging it up sooner than later if he is going to continue down this path of self loathing and blame. Makes me feel badly for him and for the team. JB isnt pretty at this point. He is starting to look like a clown
Agree completely. Criticizing TR to the press is a classless thing to do. JB has proved over the years that he is a first class jerk.

Someone might want to call JB out for having a team that can't beat a paper tiger after the loss of just one player from its rotation. They look like they don't have a clue what they are doing on the floor right now and that has to go back to the coach. It isn't on the freshman who gets his first significant and meaningful playing time in game 30 of the season.

Really disappointing if JB called out Tyler like that.

The team didn't take bad shots, it just didn't make them. It doesn't go on runs, or take advantage of its defense and let gt shoot 47%. I suppose its jb's fault we shot 7-16 from the ft line as well.
:blah::blah::blah:

There's being direct, and there's being uncouth. Big difference.
you posted an out of context tweet and then leaped to the worst possible interpretation of it. he didn't call Roberson a bad person or a bad player, he just told the truth that we have all witnessed when he has been on the court.

uncouth is calling him a dick because you are frustrated and entitled, IMO.

Awful. JB has hit a particularly miserable stretch lately.

th
th

Not exactly Herb Brooks' locker room speech is it?

I wonder how many individuals commenting on this thread, angry that JB would throw a freshman under the bus, are the same who praised JB for "standing up fo the team" by being thrown out in the Duke game...

I'm not sure bold is the correct word.
He's an NBA prospect. Sometimes you just have to play them and let them develop. From his limited playing time you can see has has some of the best offensive moves on the team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom