So, we sit at 11-9 | Syracusefan.com

So, we sit at 11-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
I've never participated in the Iggy awards because I always forget to get my submission in on time, but just for fun I took a look through that thread to see who predicted what. First off, love you all for your amazing optimism. I counted only two contestants who guessed a 'total' of 9 losses in the regular season. I was surprised there was no one who guessed double digit losses, but given JB's comments at the beginning of the season about this squad, I guess that makes sense. I'm sure if I had gotten my submission in, I'd be just like the rest of you and had guessed maybe 8 losses.

How far do we slide? I think the only remaining question is do we end with a losing record at this point?

CuseFaninVT said:
I've never participated in the Iggy awards because I always forget to get my submission in on time, but just for fun I took a look through that thread to see who predicted what. First off, love you all for your amazing optimism. I counted only two contestants who guessed a 'total' of 9 losses in the regular season. I was surprised there was no one who guessed double digit losses, but given JB's comments at the beginning of the season about this squad, I guess that makes sense. I'm sure if I had gotten my submission in, I'd be just like the rest of you and had guessed maybe 8 losses. How far do we slide? I think the only remaining question is do we end with a losing record at this point?
14-17 is my guess at a final regular season record

2016-17 is just not our year.

Bleeding orange...

Best case we pull out 6 wins the rest of the way.

2 GA Tech
Wake
NC State
Pitt
Clemson

We'll finish over .500. UNC is arguably the biggest team in the country and killed us on the boards - ND is as good as it gets with ball movement, passing and shooting; both of those teams will finish top 4 in the ACC. People are looking at the last 2 games and thinking that we will have trouble winning again and that's unfair IMO.

I think we manage to get to 18-13 or 17-14

Also, we can at least hope to win at home. For some reason this team is lifeless and spineless on the road. They play with some intensity at home sometimes. We had about an 80% of going 0-2 on this road trip. Everyone knew that but actually experiencing the games has now made people think the 0-2 is somehow worse. They will win some games still.

Best case we pull out 6 wins the rest of the way.

2 GA Tech
Wake
NC State
Pitt
Clemson

Even that is going to be hard, I am honestly having trouble thinking of a way we can beat Wake right now. Other than beating Gt twice, I don't see where the wins are coming from.

Even that is going to be hard, I am honestly having trouble thinking of a way we can beat Wake right now. Other than beating Gt twice, I don't see where the wins are coming from.

*Best case

jdubs30 said:
We'll finish over .500. UNC is arguably the biggest team in the country and killed us on the boards - ND is as good as it gets with ball movement, passing and shooting; both of those teams will finish top 4 in the ACC. People are looking at the last 2 games and thinking that we will have trouble winning again and that's unfair IMO. I think we manage to get to 18-13 or 17-14

Love the optimism but no chance in hell

Also, we can at least hope to win at home. For some reason this team is lifeless and spineless on the road. They play with some intensity at home sometimes. We had about an 80% of going 0-2 on this road trip. Everyone knew that but actually experiencing the games has now made people think the 0-2 is somehow worse. They will win some games still.

That's the team motto this year: SU Basketball 2016-17

We play with intensity at home, sometimes

I would buy that t shirt

I've never participated in the Iggy awards because I always forget to get my submission in on time, but just for fun I took a look through that thread to see who predicted what. First off, love you all for your amazing optimism. I counted only two contestants who guessed a 'total' of 9 losses in the regular season. I was surprised there was no one who guessed double digit losses, but given JB's comments at the beginning of the season about this squad, I guess that makes sense. I'm sure if I had gotten my submission in, I'd be just like the rest of you and had guessed maybe 8 losses.

How far do we slide? I think the only remaining question is do we end with a losing record at this point?

All we can hope for at this point is this team learns how to play really good defense before the ACC tournament.

This team just isn't any good. Everyone keeps trying to figure out what's wrong like there's some Secret to it. It's not a good team. Period. This is what they are and have been the entire season. Frankly it's not surprising, the final 4 run was great but masked a completely underwhelming season/team and you lost 3 of the key guys including hands down the 2 best, not to mention it being entirely backcourt guys. Could just as easily look at it like you lost the 3 top guys from an nit team. This is what you get. Sadly it doesn't appear things are looking up anytime soon.

I think 3-4 more wins is about right.

We'll finish over .500. UNC is arguably the biggest team in the country and killed us on the boards - ND is as good as it gets with ball movement, passing and shooting; both of those teams will finish top 4 in the ACC. People are looking at the last 2 games and thinking that we will have trouble winning again and that's unfair IMO.

I think we manage to get to 18-13 or 17-14

I like your optimism, but we haven't played a road game yet this year where we weren't blown out of the water.

This team just isn't any good. Everyone keeps trying to figure out what's wrong like there's some Secret to it. It's not a good team. Period. This is what they are and have been the entire season. Frankly it's not surprising, the final 4 run was great but masked a completely underwhelming season/team and you lost 3 of the key guys including hands down the 2 best, not to mention it being entirely backcourt guys. Could just as easily look at it like you lost the 3 top guys from an nit team. This is what you get. Sadly it doesn't appear things are looking up anytime soon.

I think 3-4 more wins is about right.

Twist the knife why don't you. Are you fan or hater troll?

This team plays like a young, inexperienced team - very good at home but scared and lifeless on the road.

I'd be surprised if we beat Ga. Tech twice. Lammers will destroy us inside and they have a couple shooters more than capable of lighting us up from 3. They are not deep but we don't have two gimme wins here at all.

Last edited:
I honestly see 4 more wins in the regular season. Forget the "unofficial" 1,000 win mark, does JB get back past the Bobby Knight in "official" wins this season?

Read the post carefully and see how the word "you" is frequently used rather than "we".

That says a lot.
I can be guilty of this because I don't like using the word "we" when describing a team. I'm not out there on the floor, in the locker room, or on at practices I'm unaffiliated with the team in any type of official capacity.

Just get at least 4 more wins. Everything else is a bonus.

I can be guilty of this because I don't like using the word "we" when describing a team. I'm not out there on the floor, in the locker room, or on at practices I'm unaffiliated with the team in any type of official capacity.

But you shall remain a figurehead of menace.

Right. But you have about 1369 posts and have been affiliated with the board since 2012.

The other poster started sometime in 2013 and has a hundred something posts.

I'll bet he (maybe she but not likely) is another ACC team follower.

My guess: BC for several reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors