so who gave up on them at 0-4? | Syracusefan.com

so who gave up on them at 0-4?

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
Quite a few of us were saying theyll be lucky to win 6 or 7 acc games. I know after the clemson game i just about gave up, i felt like that was a game we had to have to be a tournament team.

jimmy b said that wed won 10 games after starting 0-4 so that was pretty much gospel to me...

guilty-as-charged.jpg

It's no coincidence that the slump coincided with G's slump this season. Many people see MR as the go to guy, and to some extent that is true, but this team goes as G goes. If G plays well, the whole team takes it to another level. If G plays badly, the team struggles. This team looks to G to lead them on the court.

Guilty. I was looking at the schedule and hoping we would stay above .500 by the end of the season.

Pleasantly surprised and extremely happy I was wrong.

guilty... I'm still shocked that this team is able to win games. It's all about the zone and how really poor college hoops is. I realize that this is a really backhanded compliment but seriously think about how this team would have fared in the heyday of college hoops when billy owens, derrick coleman, shaq, christian laetner, the fab 5, the real unlv rebels, vince carter, et all were running around.

It's no coincidence that the slump coincided with G's slump this season. Many people see MR as the go to guy, and to some extent that is true, but this team goes as G goes. If G plays well, the whole team takes it to another level. If G plays badly, the team struggles. This team looks to G to lead them on the court.

ehhh... our defense, interior play (both offense and defense), and rebounding has improved dramatically since jb's return. that's the difference, not a mini slump from g.

guilty... I'm still shocked that this team is able to win games. It's all about the zone and how really poor college hoops is. I realize that this is a really backhanded compliment but seriously think about how this team would have fared in the heyday of college hoops when billy owens, derrick coleman, shaq, christian laetner, the fab 5, the real unlv rebels, vince carter, et all were running around.

There is definitely some truth to this. Lately I have been watching those late 80s games on Youtube. All those players you mention...even those Michigan teams with Gary Grant, Rumeal Robinson, Glen Rice, Mills, etc. Geez.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom