so who gave up on them at 0-4? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

so who gave up on them at 0-4?

Quite a few of us were saying theyll be lucky to win 6 or 7 acc games. I know after the clemson game i just about gave up, i felt like that was a game we had to have to be a tournament team.

I did not. I bleed Orange and will never give up on the powers of Jimmy B!

You need a serious right hook to the jaw, kid.

U respond to all my posts. So i respond back to yours. I'm calling u on that.

I know and remember the posters who throw in the towel. I can't stand those kind of posts and posters period.

I know and remember the posters who throw in the towel. I can't stand those kind of posts and posters period.

You have zero sense of reality. What's it like?

as a realist I did not give up but was not hopeful

I would not have put money on being where we currently are as a team

I also would not have thought that the Hop/JB discrepancy would be so great

Rather than just throwing a fit and challenging people every time someone posts something you perceive as not being positive enough, do you have any insight into the games or players or anything? Something you could contribute to the board? Obviously you watch the games so what do you think?

I'm trying to help you - seriously.

You have zero sense of reality. What's it like?

It's great thinking the team u root for could win every game that season, and a championship every year.

Not just Syracuse Basketball and Football, but Yankees, Giants, Knicks, and Rangers.

That's the kind of sports fan I am.

I think this year really has to make the people who are ready for JB to retire and Hopkins to take over pause. Not saying the 9 games Hop coached will be reflective of how he'll do when he takes over for real, but it's been night and day.

Agreed--it ought to, but it won't. There's a group of our fanbase who honestly believe that the zone is the devil, that JB isn't really that good of a coach compared to his peers, and look forward to when he's gone.

Seems pretty off-base to me*--be careful what you wish for.

* Most posters including me wish that we had a second defense to switch to, so no need to qualify your feelings about zone on that basis in response

Last edited:
It's great thinking the team u root for could win every game that season, and a championship every year.

Not just Syracuse Basketball and Football, but Yankees, Giants, Knicks, and Rangers.

That's the kind of sports fan I am.

How old are you again?

I gave up on them at 0-3. But I actually felt a bit better about things at 0-4. They put in a very solid effort against UNC.

I do remember getting very upset about being a 32 minute team, to the point that i said we had to find some 5-10 minutes playing time for Kaleb and Chino no matter the conseuqneces, just to make it easier for our guys at the end of games.

I gave up on them at 0-3. But I actually felt a bit better about things at 0-4. They put in a very solid effort against UNC.

I do remember getting very upset about being a 32 minute team, to the point that i said we had to find some 5-10 minutes playing time for Kaleb and Chino no matter the conseuqneces, just to make it easier for our guys at the end of games.

That's a good point about the 32 minute team - Wisconsin, Miami and Pitt game. Ugh - I had forgotten how many of those we had.

Agreed--it ought to, but it won't. There's a group of our fanbase who honestly believe that the zone is the devil, that JB isn't really that good of a coach compared to his peers, and look forward to when he's gone.

Seems pretty off-base to me*--be careful what you wish for.

* Most posters including me wish that we had a second defense to switch to, so no need to qualify your feelings about zone on that basis in response

It's kinda like Patrick Ewing with the Knicks. They never won a title with him (so not exactly like JB) but a lot of Knicks fan when he was here would trash him, say he wasn't that good, etc. But they were pretty good just about every year he was here and when he left they pretty much fell into the toilet.

It's kinda like Patrick Ewing with the Knicks. They never won a title with him (so not exactly like JB) but a lot of Knicks fan when he was here would trash him, say he wasn't that good, etc. But they were pretty good just about every year he was here and when he left they pretty much fell into the toilet.
While this last game was a good win the fact remains that passing the ball sometimes becomes a give-a- way especially down low in the paint Usually whe a pass to DC is low he flubs it away. Yesterday he managed to grab it and make a nice bucket.Everyone is guilty throwing the ball away with terrible passes. No one is exempt. I think Howard may have been the only one not to have given the ball away but I'm not sure at 100%.

Quite a few of us were saying theyll be lucky to win 6 or 7 acc games. I know after the clemson game i just about gave up, i felt like that was a game we had to have to be a tournament team.
Okay, I don't have time to read this thread because I'm making a quick trip to Boston but HELL YEAH I gave up on them! Why wouldn't I have? They were playing like doo doo, lost, adrift, capsized, drowned. Again, I didn't understand the full force of the "Boeheim Effect." This turnaround has been like a New Testament miracle!

The lost and being found part, that's what makes this so suh-weet!

Rather than just throwing a fit and challenging people every time someone posts something you perceive as not being positive enough, do you have any insight into the games or players or anything? Something you could contribute to the board? Obviously you watch the games so what do you think?

I'm trying to help you - seriously.

images (1).jpg

i was 100% discouraged.

But i never stopped watching nor cheering. so there is that.

I actually wasn't disappointed. I thought what they did in Atlantis was amazing and unexpected but I figured every game would be a battle. I was impressed with their competitiveness. I love watching teams develop, when players start to "get it" and JB's strategy to masks our flaws, exploit opponents flaws while playing to our strengths and the team's responsiveness to it so the team has the opportunity to win. (I'm out of breath with that longgg sentence ;)) I am surprised at the team's execution and domination over some of these teams. Hope we'll' continue to execute and compete on the road in this important end of season stretch also.

Never stopped going to games, cheering the kids on - ever.

Okay, I don't have time to read this thread because I'm making a quick trip to Boston but HELL YEAH I gave up on them! Why wouldn't I have? They were playing like doo doo, lost, adrift, capsized, drowned. Again, I didn't understand the full force of the "Boeheim Effect." This turnaround has been like a New Testament miracle!

The lost and being found part, that's what makes this so suh-weet!
At This point in his careerJimmy is definitely Old Testament.

The season isn't over! Sure they made a nice turnaround but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Most Cuse teams usually peak in Nov/Dec and go through a Jan/Feb slump, I'm glad to see this team continues to develop.

Some ITYS'ers need to read this again.

guilty... I'm still shocked that this team is able to win games. It's all about the zone and how really poor college hoops is. I realize that this is a really backhanded compliment but seriously think about how this team would have fared in the heyday of college hoops when billy owens, derrick coleman, shaq, christian laetner, the fab 5, the real unlv rebels, vince carter, et all were running around.
Then give us Tyler ennis, Jeremy grant, Chris mccollough, etc. We'd be pretty damn good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom