Social Clicks | Syracusefan.com

Social Clicks

MikeSU02

Living Legend
Hey guys,

I would recommend stripping the social buttons off everything but the main forum page or the individual forum pages (so getting rid of them by thread - I think it cheapens the value).

I would also then push the social buttons that are left to a more prominent area and send out a request for people to click.

The more people share, the more authenticity this site has for search engines. More traffic. More money.

Just my $0.02.

Hey guys,

I would recommend stripping the social buttons off everything but the main forum page or the individual forum pages (so getting rid of them by thread - I think it cheapens the value).

I would also then push the social buttons that are left to a more prominent area and send out a request for people to click.

The more people share, the more authenticity this site has for search engines. More traffic. More money.

Just my $0.02.
Help me out with what you mean by 'social buttons', please.

Help me out with what you mean by 'social buttons', please.

if you go to Syracusefan.com (the main page) and scroll down on the right, you will see "Share this page" and buttons for Google +, Twitter and Facebook.

The more people click on these, the more authenticity the site has.

I'm against them. Just a form of bullying. No need to just exclude kids from social groups. :D

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

if you go to Syracusefan.com (the main page) and scroll down on the right, you will see "Share this page" and buttons for Google +, Twitter and Facebook.

The more people click on these, the more authenticity the site has.
Got it - thanks. Never really noticed them before...:oops:

Got it - thanks. Never really noticed them before...:oops:
That is wrong. There may be more perceived genuineness to the site, but more or less clicks don't impact on the quality of the information being provided.

That is wrong. There may be more perceived genuineness to the site, but more or less clicks don't impact on the quality of the information being provided.

Correct. I'm not looking at it through the lens of a potential user, I'm talking about improving SEO.

That would result in better search results which leads to more users.