Solarte is back in the minors | Syracusefan.com

Solarte is back in the minors

CaliCuse

All American
They call up a third basemen from SWB named Wheeler. Who knows what he can bring to the table? At this point he couldn't be worse than Yangervis was playing recently.

They call up a third basemen from SWB named Wheeler. Who knows what he can bring to the table? At this point he couldn't be worse than Yangervis was playing recently.
Even the best hitters have rough stretches -- just look at some of the big-name players in MLB having terrible seasons. All that bum Solarte did was help carry the Yankees offensively in April and May while batting toward the bottom of the line-up.

Even the best hitters have rough stretches -- just look at some of the big-name players in MLB having terrible seasons. All that bum Solarte did was help carry the Yankees offensively in April and May while batting toward the bottom of the line-up.
I am in noway putting zSolarte down or forgetting his early contribution but the fact remains the league caught pup with him. Today's video can do that easily A quality video manager can shoe that plate appearances as far back as necessary to see which pitch get a person out. Look at Soriano He can't hold up on pitches low and away which he regularly swings and misses. He isn't the only one that has abad habit of always going after pitches he can't hit and striking out.

I am in noway putting zSolarte down or forgetting his early contribution but the fact remains the league caught pup with him. Today's video can do that easily A quality video manager can shoe that plate appearances as far back as necessary to see which pitch get a person out. Look at Soriano He can't hold up on pitches low and away which he regularly swings and misses. He isn't the only one that has abad habit of always going after pitches he can't hit and striking out.
Solarte had two strong months and one poor month. He's probably not a .300 hitter long-term, but he's not an automatic out either, no matter how much video the league has on him. My point was that slumps happens all the time, to all kinds of players. I hope to see him back soon with the Yankees.

At the very least his good start opened some eyes around baseball, and he should be able to secure a job somewhere else in the big leagues. Considering he can hit, has a good eye and plays multiple infield positions adequately, I have to believe there is a place for him somewhere in today's game, where the major league average is in the low .250s and strikeouts are commonplace.

Solarte had two strong months and one poor month. He's probably not a .300 hitter long-term, but he's not an automatic out either, no matter how much video the league has on him. My point was that slumps happens all the time, to all kinds of players. I hope to see him back soon with the Yankees.

At the very least his good start opened some eyes around baseball, and he should be able to secure a job somewhere else in the big leagues. Considering he can hit, has a good eye and plays multiple infield positions adequately, I have to believe there is a place for him somewhere in today's game, where the major league average is in the low .250s and strikeouts are commonplace.
I loved Solarte's story and root for him to come back if Wheeler flops out. At the very least he can play the infield positions well as a quality utility player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom