Solution to Scholarship Shortage | Syracusefan.com

Solution to Scholarship Shortage

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
Back in the day guys suggested that Leo should pay for Andy so Andy's scholarship could be given to someone (can't remember who now). I think the latest suggestion was that Harvey or Horace or maybe both kick in and pay Jerami Grant's tuition so his scholarship could be reused.

While I was highly skeptical that anyone in their right mind would give up their scholarship and pay their own way, apparently Xavier's Matt Stainbrook has done just that. Gave up his ship and became an Uber driver to pay his tuition so that his scholarship could go to his younger brother.

Stainbrook the Uber Driver

Maybe Chino can follow this model and give his ship to Bryant. They ain't brothers, but they are buddies, right?

I like the idea, but we would be lucky to get one really good player who would pay to walk on in four years. 2-3 would be extremely low odds.

Back in the day guys suggested that Leo should pay for Andy so Andy's scholarship could be given to someone (can't remember who now). I think the latest suggestion was that Harvey or Horace or maybe both kick in and pay Jerami Grant's tuition so his scholarship could be reused.

While I was highly skeptical that anyone in their right mind would give up their scholarship and pay their own way, apparently Xavier's Matt Stainbrook has done just that. Gave up his ship and became an Uber driver to pay his tuition so that his scholarship could go to his younger brother.

Stainbrook the Uber Driver

Maybe Chino can follow this model and give his ship to Bryant. They ain't brothers, but they are buddies, right?
Very creative.

I don't think SU grad tuition is that much cheaper than undergrad.

What if some of the recruits for 2017-18 just move to Syracuse and use Say Yes to go to SU for free? Cal would probably approve of this.

The answer is having football give a ship to the basketbAll team

Just follow the lead of the Ivies and give athletes "academic" scholarships.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom