some 4 months later | Syracusefan.com

some 4 months later

I hope it isn't too long before we find another team as rewarding and admirable as the 2015/2016 Syracuse Orange.

Not every season you find players like Gbinije, Cooney, Lydon and Richardson clicking on that level when it matters. Not to discredit Roberson or Frank either, who stepped up in major and sometimes unprecedented ways (Roberson domination of the boards).

I hope it isn't too long before we find another team as rewarding and admirable as the 2015/2016 Syracuse Orange.

Not every season you find players like Gbinije, Cooney, Lydon and Richardson clicking on that level when it matters. Not to discredit Roberson or Frank either, who stepped up in major and sometimes unprecedented ways (Roberson domination of the boards).

I think you could argue that Roberson was THE reason we beat Gonzaga. Obviously Cooney played really solid and G remained aggressive, but 9 offensive rebounds in a game you win by three points? That doesn't even count all the times he kept a play alive. Just a phenomenal performance by Roberson in that one, IMO.

Four months already, wow. Feels like yesterday still. What a performance, and comeback. The whole tourney was a fun ride, which goes without saying. Gonna miss Benny, Trevor, and Mali. The future is bright, but this team who never gave up all year when they could have many times, will always have a special place in Cuse history.

Yep. Still on my DVR along with the Gonzaga game. Wonder if there are DVD's out there for sale, eventually I'll have to erase those games. Watched the Gonzaga game just the other night with a nice glass (or more) of bourbon. Those two games were very special for me as my father was visiting and we hadn't been able to watch a Cuse tournament game together in years. 03 will obviously always be number one for me but that run last year jumped ahead of 87, 96 and the 2013 run on my list.

I have watched the last 10 minutes of that game at least 15 times. I just watched that tape. It never gets old.

We were dead to rights up to that point. I kept thinking how the heck did we win this game. And then the hair took over.

Even with the board relatively inactive for the summer, I predict someone will drop a turd in this punch bowl within 10 replies.

I was having a good time until I read your post with it's visual.

A. Still can't believe Mali is gone
B. Still can't beleive Harlan was criticized for 1 of the best lines in NCAA history - Jim Boeheim and Syracuse. Back from the dead on Easter Sunday.

I'm surprised your letter B. didn't make it to the off topic board.

A. Still can't believe Mali is gone
B. Still can't beleive Harlan was criticized for 1 of the best lines in NCAA history - Jim Boeheim and Syracuse. Back from the dead on Easter Sunday.

It's not so much believing Mali is gone, I'm just amazed he went first round. He did an absolutely terrific job selling himself after the season was over. And it makes a lot of sense. He had a career game against UVA. Why play another year when it would have been very difficult to repeat what he did in the UVA game. I would have loved to see him return. But good for him!

The back from the dead comment was awesome!

cf0.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom