Some decommits last couple of days:It's a Flippin thread | Syracusefan.com

Some decommits last couple of days:It's a Flippin thread

PhatOrange

Living Legend
4* Dylan Rivers flipped from PSU to the Hokies today

2* CB DeAri Todd, flips from BC to Michigan State

3* OLB Jaquan Henderson flipped from Tennessee to Georgia Tech

4* OL Kai-Leon Herbert confirmed that he has decommitted from Michigan, considering Miami

4* JUCO CB Jhavonte Dean decommitted from Alabama, considering Miami (richt must feel like a pig in sht.)

3* OLB Jabreel Stephens decommits from Louisville

3* Kicker Joseph Bulovas decommits from Georgia Tech

3* OL Viktor Beach decommits from UCF after visiting Purdue

4* Safety Hamsah Nasirildeen flips from South Carolina to FSU

The other crazy thing out there on twitter is the number of kids/coaches tweeting highlights at the coaches. I don't remember seeing this much of it last year.

Rutgers has a good thread on decommitments.

Which reminds me, you need to add:

Ihmir Marsette decommits from RU

Decommitments by school
SEC East
Florida: 5
Georgia: 7
Kentucky: 6
Missouri: 3
South Carolina: 6
Tennessee: 13
Vanderbilt: 1

SEC West
Alabama: 9
Arkansas: 2
Auburn: 2
LSU: 6
Mississippi State: 10
Ole Miss: 8
Texas A&M: 6

Decommitments are now commonplace

Things that make you go hmmmm.

Joshua Palmer, Mike Harley and Jonathan Moore.

It is almost as if someone was directing them to verbal to a school to make sure they had a spot and that offers they wanted would come later that they really wanted.

Coaches can get reputations too. You don't want to pull that stuff too often or your kids won't get looked at in the same way. Less schools, less attention.
Like I said in an earlier thread some coaches will ignore that school until the last two weeks before signing day due to the lack of commitments coming from them. Waste of time for some schools...

It is almost as if someone was directing them to verbal to a school to make sure they had a spot and that offers they wanted would come later that they really wanted.
That happens all the time.

Coaches can get reputations too. You don't want to pull that stuff too often or your kids won't get looked at in the same way. Less schools, less attention.
Maybe the P-S guys can stir up some shiite by writing a disparaging story about that program and staff!

Harriot is a STA alum and also was the RB coach at FAU. He knows how to play the game.

The Aquinas HC is Roger Harriott who accepted a position here under Marrone and then reneged a week or two later.
And from a local source that STA wants Rocco back in a bad way,but with their AD there it ain't happening.

Too much interference by him.I wonder if Babers is in Good standing with Rocco as he coached his team really well this year at Mater Academy and has a top end Soph. RB.

Last edited:
De commits according to . . . sports
2017 636 (as of right now)
2016 249
2015 120
2014 113
2013 118
2012 110

That's insane
Decommits among what level of player?

I can't possibly believe the last few years were only around a total of 115 across all of the NCAA D1. We alone in the years we changed coaches had to have 10-15. In a regular year I feel like we lose 3-5. If those numbers are fairly consistent across the board, that's way more than 120 decommits a cycle across D1.

But I do feel like in the past couple of years there have been a lot more kids "trading up" so the amount of commit flipping certainly seems to have gone up, or at least the reporting of it has gone up since Twitter and other forms of social media happen to have increased in popularity

And from a local source that STA wants Rocco back in a bad way,but with their AD there it ain't happening.

Too much interference by him.I wonder if Babers is in Good standing with Rocco as he coached his team really well this year at Mater Academy and has a top end Soph. RB.
Not questioning your source, but I highly doubt we will ever see a Casullo on the Dome sidelines again. Unless it's as a visiting coach.