Some of These Guys Need Confidence | Syracusefan.com

Some of These Guys Need Confidence

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Mostly in their shots. I don't always mind when Cooney pulls up with a defender closeby, because he can usually get it off, granted it's not the best shot, but how many times did we see guys getting the ball wide open yesterday just to hold the ball and pass to someone else? I know they need to let the "play develop", but seriously, this is the highest level of college basketball... You've got to be able to saddle up and shoot when you're open. Roberson from 16', Joseph from 20'... I'd rather them take that than hold the ball and take a chance on beating the defense again.

Mostly in their shots. I don't always mind when Cooney pulls up with a defender closeby, because he can usually get it off, granted it's not the best shot, but how many times did we see guys getting the ball wide open yesterday just to hold the ball and pass to someone else? I know they need to let the "play develop", but seriously, this is the highest level of college basketball... You've got to be able to saddle up and shoot when you're open. Roberson from 16', Joseph from 20'... I'd rather them take that than hold the ball and take a chance on beating the defense again.
No you wouldn't. They hold the ball because they are pretty sure they can't make it. What we need are guys that can make shots. Not just take them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom