Some of you guys need to calm down. | Syracusefan.com

Some of you guys need to calm down.

Czar

All Conference
If you can't handle the fickle nature of 17 and 18 year old kids, you probably should stop paying attention to recruiting. Like, for your own sake. And for the kids sake. Seriously, seeing people badmouth and insult kids here and on Twitter over their life choices is beyond asinine and just a little sad. I'm assuming most of the people on here are grown ass adults. Act like it. And if you can't, then take a step back and do something else with your time that doesn't aggravate you nearly as much.

If you can't handle the fickle nature of 17 and 18 year old kids, you probably should stop paying attention to recruiting. Like, for your own sake. And for the kids sake. Seriously, seeing people badmouth and insult kids here and on Twitter over their life choices is beyond asinine and just a little sad. I'm assuming most of the people on here are grown ass adults. Act like it. And if you can't, then take a step back and do something else with your time that doesn't aggravate you nearly as much.
You are right of course. I had said for the last few days that this was a crazy week. Green didn't exactly do us right and I will leave it at that.

You are right of course. I had said for the last few days that this was a crazy week. Green didn't exactly do us right and I will leave it at that.
That is why it is so frustrating, dash. We have told this kid for 2 years, you are the only guy we want at the point. We told top players to move along. He never made it seem like he had any doubts about it. Then last minute he changes his mind and basically screws up our class completely. And not to mention, it looks pretty shady.

2f8e56d1810dbd9fef62eff4ccb05e25.jpg

We could be calmer, but we have signed no top 100 recruits this cycle when the Northeast was loaded. We may only have 4 players return. Not a good position to be in long term any way you try to spin it. There's very little left in the form of prospects to sign.

We could be calmer, but we have signed no top 100 recruits this cycle when the Northeast was loaded. We may only have 4 players return. Not a good position to be in long term any way you try to spin it. There's very little left in the form of prospects to sign.
Guess JB wants to go out like he always does with his 7 man rotation(after some grad transfers). He's prolly out of his mind now with 9 guys to play!

I don't disagree with anything you said. But there are right and wrong ways to do things and Mr. Green didn't do it the right way.
What did he do wrong other than make some SU people think he was a lock? Adults need to get a life and realize these are kids so when one picks the #1 college basketball destination over the past 5+ years get over it. When it goes SU's way its ok but when it doesn't the kid screwed up or the winning program cheated. Funny.

What did he do wrong other than make some SU people think he was a lock? Adults need to get a life and realize these are kids so when one picks the #1 college basketball destination over the past 5+ years get over it. When it goes SU's way its ok but when it doesn't the kid screwed up or the winning program cheated. Funny.

There's nothing wrong with picking Kentucky (besides it not being Syracuse) but when you recruit a kid for 2 years and he takes 10 visits and last minute he decides no, that's where the problem is. I hope it would be something like "Hey I think you guys are a great school blah blah blah. As of now I am highly interested but if Kentucky comes along, I will probably go there".

Kentucky apparently came in the picture back in July? It doesn't seem like a long time but to me, I would give that school as much notice as possible so we don't get screwed over. Well here we are.

There's nothing wrong with picking Kentucky (besides it not being Syracuse) but when you recruit a kid for 2 years and he takes 10 visits and last minute he decides no, that's where the problem is. I hope it would be something like "Hey I think you guys are a great school blah blah blah. As of now I am highly interested but if Kentucky comes along, I will probably go there".

Kentucky apparently came in the picture back in July? It doesn't seem like a long time but to me, I would give that school as much notice as possible so we don't get screwed over. Well here we are.

It was totally a dick move to make his announcement AFTER the early signing period ended. Leaves us royally screwed. We turned away another 5 star PG and a 4 star PG because of what this kid told us.

Not mad at Green, he's a kid. Mad that we we're so behind the curve when it comes to the team next year.

I'm sure we've had years with no top 100 players, but how many times did we have no top 100s with not even a starting 5 on the roster?

Does this mean we're going to see more Buss's, Chins, BJs, and Kalebs? (To be fair Kaleb was rated pretty high)

And now Quade says it's his time to recruit Mo Bamba to UK... and then says the same about Hami and Knox. SMH.

Not mad at Green, he's a kid. Mad that we we're so behind the curve when it comes to the team next year.

I'm sure we've had years with no top 100 players, but how many times did we have no top 100s with not even a starting 5 on the roster?

Does this mean we're going to see more Buss's, Chins, BJs, and Kalebs? (To be fair Kaleb was rated pretty high)
plenty of good/competent 3 and 4 stars. Look at Gillon. Just need to do research and find them

I'm not on Twitter at all, but please tell me some folks are responding to this Zagoria clown?

plenty of good/competent 3 and 4 stars. Look at Gillon. Just need to do research and find them

I'd take a whole team of 4 stars, but at this point where are we at? And of course there are some great 3 stars who play better than their ranking, but for as many that turn into stars many many more fall into obsucurity.

I bet this will be JBs swan song. No way he risks ending up in the NIT for his finale in 2017-18. That's shaping up to be a long season. Sick to my stomach.