Some pregame thoughts on Notre Dame | Syracusefan.com

Some pregame thoughts on Notre Dame

jekelish

Living Legend
http://.com/another-test-for-the-orange-in-south-bend/

Honestly, I have a terrible feeling that tonight's the kind of game that could get out of hand. Notre Dame shoots the ball sooooo well, and we've been pretty lousy on defense in a lot of our recent games. I think it was Donna Ditota who pointed out that in a few of our recent games, opponents are shooting something like 58% in the second half.

Notre Dame is the second best shooting team in the country, statistically. They have five guys who have hit at least 39 threes. In other words, this is a team that could absolutely destroy us based on how mediocre the zone has been this year.

I hope I'm wrong...but this matchup scares the crap out of me.

Honestly, I have a terrible feeling that tonight's the kind of game that could get out of hand. Notre Dame shoots the ball sooooo well, and we've been pretty lousy on defense in a lot of our recent games. I think it was Donna Ditota who pointed out that in a few of our recent games, opponents are shooting something like 58% in the second half.

Notre Dame is the second best shooting team in the country, statistically. They have five guys who have hit at least 39 threes. In other words, this is a team that could absolutely destroy us based on how mediocre the zone has been this year.

yea, I predicted a loss for the first time in forever it seems. They can't stop Rak, but we also can't trade 2s for 3s all night. I'm no paleontologist, but that math will not add up. I think they hit enough 3s whenever we get close to maintain a lead and win it going away down the stretch. We will see from ND tonight what good shooting can do for a team.

Agree- a bad feeling about this one. We've managed to remain competitive and not get blown out by anyone. But The Joyce Center is a place that can get really ugly when the home team finds the range. So is Cameron. For all our problems at the end of last year we only really got spanked at Virginia. This game has the same feel to it, going in.

This is the worst matchup for us by far all year, in my opinion.

Close second is UVA given their defensive ability.

GoHamSU said:
This is the worst matchup for us by far all year, in my opinion.

Close second is UVA given their defensive ability.

I have had a real bad feeling about this game. Think it is going to be ugly. Just a terrible matchup, but that's why they play the games

What's the situation with Cooney tonight? Just wondering if we will see G up top again. That could help with some of the threes from that area.

What's the situation with Cooney tonight? Just wondering if we will see G up top again. That could help with some of the threes from that area.

I would like to see that. G at the top, with TRob, BJ and Rak down low? Trade Buss and KJ as needed to go with G for offense, D and that's an interesting look.

Ugh. That might be the worst game in Syracuse history, or at least the worst since I've been old enough to be aware of Syracuse basketball.

NYU beat us 59-122 on 12/15/61. But that even before my time.

Ugh. That might be the worst game in Syracuse history, or at least the worst since I've been old enough to be aware of Syracuse basketball.

My senior year...the 2-3 was shredded that night. Devo also had one of the worst games of his career.

Agree- a bad feeling about this one. We've managed to remain competitive and not get blown out by anyone. But The Joyce Center is a place that can get really ugly when the home team finds the range. So is Cameron. For all our problems at the end of last year we only really got spanked at Virginia. This game has the same feel to it, going in.

It's fun to be wrong! :):p:D:cool:

I thought we'd play ND tough...but lose.

I was wrong.

Gladly wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom