"Someone wasn't where they were supposed to be" | Syracusefan.com

"Someone wasn't where they were supposed to be"

cuseinseattle

All American
Boeheim said this in the presser and went on to say that Cooney tried to make the best of the situation but I would have liked to see him drive. What do you think he was referring to?

When asked later what was supposed to happen during that play, he said "G was supposed to be open" and didnt mention a back up plan if G wasent open. So I'm assuming G?

When asked later what was supposed to happen during that play, he said "G was supposed to be open" and didnt mention a back up plan if G wasent open. So I'm assuming G?

He said G got double teamed and someone wasn't where they were supposed to be. He clearly didn't call the kid out and when asked he went back to the first part of the statement and ignored the rest. He clearly didn't want to throw a kid under the bus. I'm wondering if it was supposed to be Mali. After the inbounds was he supposed to get a hand off or something. I have to watch it again to see if Cooney pauses. I'm really not sure.

Haha my first thought was Roberson as well -- just because that'd be JB

G was terrible on that possession though, he showed no interest in getting open on the inbounds. ok youre double teamed, you can still try to get open, dont just loaf to the corner. awful all around

But he did...and wanted to defend Cooney...again
Your referring to Frank I'm guessing. I disagree. He talked about how he should have taken him out when the games was tied and put the ball in G's hands. He then went on to say that he played great the whole game and was the only person penetrating and he got shots for other people. How is that throwing someone under the bus.

I don't think anyone got thrown under the bus. He credited Frank with sparking us. I have to assume there was supposed to be some sort of screen for Mike. Looking at the tape the only other thing that may have worked was Mal getting it right back from Trevor.

Yeah, someone wasn't where he was supposed to be - directly between the free throw shooter and the rim with 8 seconds on the clock, immediately after subbing in and presumably being told to box the shooter.

That must be what the coach is talking about.

Haha my first thought was Roberson as well -- just because that'd be JB
I think it may have been Roberson. He was unguarded and ran toward the low post on the far side of the court. Maybe he was supposed to set a screen or sprint upcourt and flash on the near-side low post?

But in all seriousness, both of our forwards were just standing there.
I know. I was yelling at Lydon (on TV) to move before and after the ball was in-bounded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom