Sorry to see Cowherd go? | Syracusefan.com

Sorry to see Cowherd go?

SBU72

All Conference
Haven't heard but what did he say? IS anybody sorry to see him go? I would listen to him on occasion and really couldn't stand most of his extreme comments. Most of the time, I would change stations.

I start listening to ESPN at 1 as I can't stand Cowherd or Mike and Mike. ESPN has some very good hosts who would do fine if given a chance. Cowherd was great at trolling audiences and like Gottlieb he can go toil elsewhere.

He was talking about whether or not baseball is a complex sport, and said, essentially, "how complicated can it be if a third of the players are from the Dominican Republic?"

He's a tool. He's always had an irrational hatred for the city of Syracuse (seriously, he goes out of his way to rag on the city), so good riddance.

Cowherd is just an ahole period. Once he doesn't like someone he brings them up relentlessly and bashes them. None other than Melo being his most hated player, I think in any sport. He'd probably bring up how he hates Melo in church. I got to hang out drinking with some of our local sports talk radio guys and one was a producer. He said Cowherd is a pain in the ass to deal with over the phone, with his endorsement commercials, etc.

I always listened to him during my lunchtime runs. I found his guests and topics entertaining. His rants were usually illogical and whenever he got a caller with a good take that disagreed with his, he always seemed to miss the point and either argue against something other than what the caller said or just not address it.

Even so, it passed the time and made my runs seem a little easier. I'll miss his show, unless they get someone good to take his place.

he hates people in large population centers. he isn't heard in ny or Chicago. the fan owns ny. so he hates jeter and melo so do people from cincinati and Cleveland,

Better than M and M, but way below RR and Lebatard.
i cant even leave the radio on when lebatard is on. but really most of the announcing crew on espn is awful. m&M at least has some good guests but so much drivel.

I end up most of the time on the college football network and occasionally the MLB/NHL network.

igor said:
he hates people in large population centers. he isn't heard in ny or Chicago. the fan owns ny. so he hates jeter and melo so do people from cincinati and Cleveland,
Wow. Have you ever listened to him. He loves the big cities and Jeter.

Last edited:
his retraction was even worse than his original comments.

If this was his first, or second, or third instances of underhanded racism on the air in his career, you maybe give him the benefit of the doubt. For cowherd, this stuff happened every few months.

I was really sorry when he took Tony K's spot but in fairness I decided I'd give him a fair shake and listen to him for a while. From time to time he would make a pretty pervasive argument about an issue but more often than not he was extreme in his position and incredibly non tolerant of viewpoints other than his own. And to say he doesn't like Melo is about as big an understatement you could possibly make. His mantra of calling Carmelo the most selfish player ever is pretty ridiculous when you look at him within the context of the teams he's played on.

As a scorer, Melo is sensational, always was, still is, and will be for some time to come. In the NBA you CANT DO IT BY YOURSELF... even greatest to ever play the game needed a supporting cast with talent. To berate Melo for doing what it is that he does best ( and had to do with the teams he's been on ) is disingenuous at best and bordering on hateful at worst.

Cowherd comes off as that guy you meet freshman year of college who always thought he was the smartest and most insightful and who condescends on all who differ from his world view. Perhaps that's just his schtick for his radio persona but if he's really like that then he truly is a D__k

Last edited:
http://www.latimes.com/business/rea...tprop-colin-cowherd-house-20150724-story.html

Sports radio host Colin Cowherd, who on Friday was dropped by ESPN for controversial comments made on his radio show, has sold his home in West Hartford, Conn., for $1.15 million, according toEstately.

He bought the house in 2010 for $1.34 million, records show.

Trimmed in white, the Colonial-style home was built in 2004 and has about 6,100 square feet of space across three floors.

Cowherd also has a home on the market in Naples, Fla., for $4.25 million. Featured in “Home & Design” magazine in 2015, the contemporary-style home is highlighted by a floating glass staircase, mosaic stone walls and dark tongue-and-groove ceilings.

Formal living and dining rooms, a wet bar, four bedrooms and four bathrooms are within the 3,562 square feet of living space. Outdoors, landscaped grounds feature a swimming pool and spa, a covered veranda with a fireplace and multiple balconies.

Wow. Have you ever listened to him. He loves the big cities and Jeter.
Yep, he's the very definition of a frontrunner. Only likes USC, the Yankees, the Lakers, the Cowboys, etc. He doesn't like seeing parity, he has said time and again he greatly prefers when Duke, for example, is on top.

Cowherd comes off as that guy you meet freshman year of college who always thought he was the smartest and most insightful and who condescends on all who differ from his world view.

That is the perfect description of Colin Cowherd.

Yep, he's the very definition of a frontrunner. Only likes USC, the Yankees, the Lakers, the Cowboys, etc. He doesn't like seeing parity, he has said time and again he greatly prefers when Duke, for example, is on top.
What he says is that it makes better radio, because there are more calls for AND against.
The guy is very bright and often talked about his other businesses (real estate, wine stores).
I liked some of his "takes" and dislikes others, and always assumed he was denied admission to SU.

Capt. Tuttle said:
What he says is that it makes better radio, because there are more calls for AND against. The guy is very bright and often talked about his other businesses (real estate, wine stores). I liked some of his "takes" and dislikes others, and always assumed he was denied admission to SU.

His syracuse bashing is due mainly to the fact that one of his producers is a cuse grad and I think 90% of it is just ragging on his friend. That's what I've been told anyway

CraigForth said:
His syracuse bashing is due mainly to the fact that one of his producers is a cuse grad and I think 90% of it is just ragging on his friend. That's what I've been told anyway

He dislikes the city of Syracuse as well as all the rest belt cities but he always mentions SU when rattling off blue blood basketball programs. He loves him some JB too.

His view on the intelligence of Dominicans shows his own ignorance. The fact that the educational system in the Dominican Republic is inferior to the United States has nothing to do with the general intelligence of the population. A friend of mine is from the Dominican Republic and he is a very intelligent and talented engineer. Intelligence is the capacity to learn, not the level of education. His comments make him sound like an idiot.

Not a cuse grad, but cuse native. Cowherd definitely singles out Syracuse a lot because of that connection. But he would still absolutely rag on Syracuse if there wasn't that connection.

If baseball is so complex, then why can Dominicans do it well?

That in a nutshell is what he said.

The fact that his "apology" statement tried to make him look like the victim of some PC world , further shows he has no concept of seeing things from an opposing view. The guy went to Eastern Washington University. How far advanced is that relative to , umm. I dont know...not going to college at all?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom