Sorta OT--Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Sorta OT--Louisville

how are they going to be at basketball this year.
Last year they were really good, underated. IMO would have probably picked them for elite 8 also.

how are they going to be at basketball this year.
Last year they were really good, underated. IMO would have probably picked them for elite 8 also.
I believe They're top 25 again this year. It's just If they'll bee allowed to play in tourney yet.

Louisville fans say it was a purge of a weak Chancellor and UK leaning BoT members

Yes but will the recruits still get this treatment -
upload_2016-6-20_7-23-22.jpeg

From what I see reading their boards, I doubt it will have much effect on their athletic department. But I wouldn't mind at all if their getting a new president helps convince Jurich to replace Swoffie when the time comes.

From what I see reading their boards, I doubt it will have much effect on their athletic department. But I wouldn't mind at all if their getting a new president helps convince Jurich to replace Swoffie when the time comes.
From great distance, and with no inside knowledge at all--

I see this as politics. The governor wanted his own people in place. And, maybe the governor was informed that the previous powers were going to handle the basketball/athletic dept. situation in a way that he disapproved. So, he proactively pulled the rug out from under them.

I don't like the idea of power being concentrated to that extent. One man chooses the whole board, which then picks the new president.

From great distance, and with no inside knowledge at all--

I see this as politics. The governor wanted his own people in place. And, maybe the governor was informed that the previous powers were going to handle the basketball/athletic dept. situation in a way that he disapproved. So, he proactively pulled the rug out from under them.

I don't like the idea of power being concentrated to that extent. One man chooses the whole board, which then picks the new president.
Not really this time. There are several scandals being investigated in the academic side of the school, including allegations of financial improprieties. Jurich seems to have the Athletic Department in cruise control, doing really good things that everyone connected with the school likes. I wouldn't go out on a limb and say that nothing will eventually happen to Pitino over what took place in bball, but right now, everyone involved is so beyond totally preoccupied in getting the management of the academic side of the house cleaned up, that Pitino may retire before the UofL administration is in a position to even think about what they want/need to do w/him.

The VA governor is responsible for selecting the members of the Visitors (Trustees) of all the state schools and then they pick their presidents. A lot of states work that way. Fortunately, only so many board members are replaced at one time, but, based on what I've seen on their message board, the problems at UofL are so egregious right now, that everyone needed to be canned. In Alabama, they have one board for the whole state system, and they do everything they can to protect Tuscaloosa at the expense of the others (like disbanding the Birmingham football team).

From reading Card Chronicle, I get the impression that while most of the folks there are happy with the resignation of Dr. Ramsey (a former UNC economics professor) for various reasons (including the sombrero incident, the administrator who was "cashing in", and U of L not going to the NCAA tournament, although that decision was made with Jurich at the advice of a well-known NCAA consultant Chuck Smrt), they are less happy that an extremely conservative governor (Bevin) will appoint a new board. That two fold reaction was summed up in this hysterical GIF from the site, with the caption

"Ramsey is gone but Bevin is running things now":

giphy.gif

Louisville fans say it was a purge of a weak Chancellor and UK leaning BoT members
How the heck does Louisville get its OWN board of trustees filled with people who lean UK???!!!

Ok, I googled it and to my surprise it's a state school. I guess it can happen then. But still...

I think he has to wear that neo-Colonel Sanders pimp suit as part of the Yum support package.
I thought it was as part of the "recruiting basketball talent with "local talent" if you know what I mean wink wink nudge nudge say no more" support package.

This happened 2 weeks ago but I don't remember if it was discussed. But I read this and thought it was really interesting. The entire board was replaced by the Kentucky governor. That's a really good scandal:

"Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin announced Friday that he will disband the university's 17-member board and replace it with a 10-member board that he appoints. Ramsey, who has led the university for 14 years, submitted a letter saying he will offer his resignation to the newly appointed board."

Louisville president resigning amid shakeup at scandal-plagued school | 2016-06-17 | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com

Big shake-up.

President of the university "steps down".

Governor of Kentucky disbands board of trustees (17 dismissed). He will personally pick a new group of 10.

No mention of Jurich, Petrino, or Pitino being in any jeopardy.

Good to know they have their priorities in order.

Ramsey steps down as president at Louisville

"Bevin’s decision to disband the school’s former board and appoint a new board has drawn a legal challenge from the state’s Democratic attorney general, Andy Beshear.

Beshear has said his aim is to block Bevin from wielding “absolute authority” over the school by dissolving the board anytime he disagrees with its actions. A court hearing is set for July 21 on Beshear’s request for an injunction to block Bevin’s reorganization of the campus board."

Wow, what a cluster .

"Bevin’s decision to disband the school’s former board and appoint a new board has drawn a legal challenge from the state’s Democratic attorney general, Andy Beshear.

Beshear has said his aim is to block Bevin from wielding “absolute authority” over the school by dissolving the board anytime he disagrees with its actions. A court hearing is set for July 21 on Beshear’s request for an injunction to block Bevin’s reorganization of the campus board."

Wow, what a cluster .
From what the Louavul folks say on their board, Brashear's Dad was the governor before Bevin and appointed most of the people who were sacked.

From what the Louavul folks say on their board, Brashear's Dad was the governor before Bevin and appointed most of the people who were sacked.

What other boards do you visit? Which ones have the best websites in your opinion.

What other boards do you visit? Which ones have the best websites in your opinion.
The other quality boards I look at regularly are: ND Nation (ND) (the hardest of their hard-core fans are there); Cardinal Authority (Louavul); Inside Carolina (UNC-CHeat); and Go Jackets (Ga Tech). The Ga Tech board has the absolute best discussion of the business of college sports. It's currently on its 10th 100-page thread.

Last edited:
The other quality boards I look at regularly are: ND Nation (ND) (the hardest of their hard-core fans are there); Cardinal Authority (Louavul); Inside Carolina (UNC-CHeat); and Go Jackets (Ga Tech). The Ga Tech board has the absolute best discussion of the business of college sports. It's currently on its 10th 100-page thread.
Does the GTECH board discuss the going rate for NYC PG's?