Sports Business Daily: Fox- Big Ten close to 6 yr 1.5 billion deal for 1/2 Big Ten rights | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Sports Business Daily: Fox- Big Ten close to 6 yr 1.5 billion deal for 1/2 Big Ten rights

The ACC did negotitate with FOX and had a higher offer from FOX than ESPN. Coach K and Gary Williams started churping not to leave ESPN and Swofford caved and stayed with ESPN for less.

Along with what Tom said, the timing was horrible; Miami was under performing, FSU and Clemson were still on the upward climb, etc. The ACC probably would have gotten more money had they at least negotiated somewhat with Fox for part of the rights. Such is life. By the time the deal comes up again, much of the delivery we knew 5-10 years ago will have changed.

What no one is talking about right now is that the SEC is in their deal for about two decades more. Imagine how far they could be behind by then.
I agree about the SEC. However, my comment was more along the lines of "the ACC deal apparently isn't that bad," but the ACC catches the most grief by FAR.

Agreed, the ACC catches the brunt of abuse and complaints. Ironically, they praised the ACC when they got the deal because it was so good.

Wasn't there a fairly big pop resulting from the nature of the ACC's relationship with the Orange Bowl? Is that factored into the numbers flying around in this thread?

Honestly love the B1G going to Fox even partially. It gets their boring games off ESPN giving ACC more primetime games and raises the negotiating bar for the rest of us.

Has the B1G/Fox deal been signed? If so, what are the real terms of the deal?

I have asked this question elsewhere without success.

Has the B1G/Fox deal been signed? If so, what are the real terms of the deal?

I have asked this question elsewhere without success.
Not sure but don't think so. Going public without an actual agreement has to somehow be designed to flush out ESPN. Above my pay grade though.